MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    vCash

Rashad all the way. Hoop dat hij dat jonkie een lesje kan leren. Jones is een mooie en sterke vechter, heeft grote namen verslagen.. Maar niet vergeten.. Rashad ook. In dit gevecht hoop ik dat Rashad hem ko slaat en dat kan hij echt wel. Rashad for LH champion
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Amsterdam

~Embrace the grind~

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Igorvdw View Post
    Rashad all the way. Hoop dat hij dat jonkie een lesje kan leren. Jones is een mooie en sterke vechter, heeft grote namen verslagen.. Maar niet vergeten.. Rashad ook. In dit gevecht hoop ik dat Rashad hem ko slaat en dat kan hij echt wel. Rashad for LH champion
    X2
    Beetje Jones moe geworden..

vCash

IF FEAR HAS A STRANGLEHOLD ON YOUR LIFE, TURN AROUND, FACE IT...AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

vCash

wacht maar af, voor 1 keer hoop ik dat het 'n wrestling match wordt en Rashad john "cocky bones" jones op zen neus geeft

vCash

Jones fan hier, waarop is de " jones is arrogant " gebaseerd? Vind Jones juist humble, slim ( zie eerste rnde tegen Machida) en vindingrijk in zijn partijen. Zeker voor zijn leeftijd
    MORAALRIDDER 1st klas - "Behandel anderen zoals je door hen behandeld wil worden"

vCash

Als tie zo "humble" was geweest had ie Machida niet als een zoutzak laten vallen nadat ie em gechoked had... Boy needs to be taught some respect!

En Sugar gaat daarvoor zorgen!
    Ik neem voor alles de tijd, maar ik heb geen affiniteit met een gast die m'n fallus en ballen berijdt, das een calamiteit! (Sticky Steez)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 123trisweat View Post
    Jones fan hier, waarop is de " jones is arrogant " gebaseerd? Vind Jones juist humble, slim ( zie eerste rnde tegen Machida) en vindingrijk in zijn partijen. Zeker voor zijn leeftijd
    Jon! Jon! Go check on him, get some fans!"

Hij is nep humble.

vCash

En als ie echt slim was geweest was zijn pot tegen Hamill trouwens ook geen DQ geworden vanwege die "twelve to six" elbows...
    Ik neem voor alles de tijd, maar ik heb geen affiniteit met een gast die m'n fallus en ballen berijdt, das een calamiteit! (Sticky Steez)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    En als ie echt slim was geweest was zijn pot tegen Hamill trouwens ook geen DQ geworden vanwege die "twelve to six" elbows...
    Tja, was een van de weinige manieren om door de dekking te komen, Jones speelde met Hamill als een ragdoll (ff ongenuanceerd gezegd)

Als ik de countdown footage zie van Evans dan zie ik een zielige gebroken man. Team weg, vrouw weg groot "crib" huurhuis zonder warmte. En als vechter vind ik hem 1 dimensionaal harde k.o punch in huis en wat take downs.
    Hoop op een mooie pot.
    MORAALRIDDER 1st klas - "Behandel anderen zoals je door hen behandeld wil worden"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Company View Post
    Jon! Jon! Go check on him, get some fans!"

Hij is nep humble.
    Stukje in kwestie:

Stukje buiten kwestie maar wel leuk:

vCash

[QUOTE=R.H.;1142985]Stukje in kwestie:

Ok begrijp de quote nu (nog niet gezien) maar ter verdediging van Jones dit is Jackson's fout hoe hij jones nu heeft neergezet. Als je goed luistert was jones al op weg, maar idd het laten vallen van Machida (1 van mijn andere fav. vechters) was een no-no.
    Vond Jones sympathiek overkomen toen hij meedeed mee de "plaatselijke" politie voor een t.v. prog.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsja1wzON7w

Ken de gast verder persoonlijk niet, maar denk dat ik wel een biertje met hem kan drinken
    Last edited by 123trisweat; 17-04-2012 at 21:33.

vCash

Last edited by Soulbringer320; 18-04-2012 at 03:46.

vCash

IF FEAR HAS A STRANGLEHOLD ON YOUR LIFE, TURN AROUND, FACE IT...AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

vCash

vCash

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

vCash

vCash

For Better or Worse, Greg Jackson's Advice Led Rashad Evans Down Current Path

ATLANTA -- A trainer can't blame a fighter for following his advice, even if it works against him.Greg Jackson tells his fighters to adapt, to not rely on even their most reliable weapon. What happens when that backfires? At one time, Jackson was Rashad Evans' most reliable weapon, the guy whispering in his ear. The guy spotting the holes in his opponents' attacks. But no more. Now he's on the opposite side, the enemy.

Indulge me in a theory for a moment, one in which I play armchair sports psychologist. It goes like this: Evans wanted out, needed out of Team Greg Jackson, even if it was a subconscious thought in the deep recesses of his brain. It's not like he set out to lure Jon Jones into his camp and create a rivalry so he could escape. But on the other hand, when the tension became a flicker, he didn't try to blow it out. He doused more gasoline on it and set it ablaze.

In my opinion, Evans was willing to sacrifice that relationship for his own self-improvement, a trade both cold and fair. In other words, he adapted.
    Why? The everyday grind of being a fighter is taxing. Everyone knows about the aches and pains. But that's just the start of it. Staying mentally sharp is even more difficult. One camp melds into the next. The drills get repetitive. The faces in front of you begin to represent safety and comfort rather than challenge. Before you know it, the drive you had has seeped away a little at a time, replaced by the routine.

That is not a championship formula. So what do you do when something is stale? You throw it out. You trash it, even if it was something once worth having.
    This is a theory, and not one Evans addressed, but if you listen to him, if you hear his words, the clues are there. For example, when he was asked about what is different about him from the time he trained with Jones, this was his answer.

"It's really hard to say but for the most part I enjoy the fight a little bit more than I did before. Under Jackson, I felt like that part of me slipped away from enjoying the process of the whole fight and everything that has to do with it. Being in this new camp with my new training partners, learning new things helped me get the flame underneath me again."

Fighting the staleness of monotony is an ongoing challenge for veteran athletes. That's why coaches get fired so frequently in major team sports.
    When you're young and everything is a new experience, that's not a problem. That's why Jones can sit in front of the media with a smile and say that he's enjoying every part of this process. He's 24 years old and he's only been fighting in the UFC for a little over three years. He's only been with Team Jackson for a little over two. He's only been champion a little over one. Everything is still new and exciting for him. The world is still his. It might not always be that way.

Ask Evans, who said that from the beginning, he's been a "paranoid thinker," with the feeling that everybody's always against him. He gave a deep look into his pysche while equating this Jones fight to his UFC 88 bout against Chuck Liddell, a fight that launched him into stardom and a title shot.

"There’s a lot of similarities to that," he said. "I went to that fight and doing interviews, people were interviewing me like, 'What have you done to even get a chance to fight Chuck? How can you even step into the cage with him?' That's the kind of questions I was getting. I was very invisible at the time. But it was something that I took with me. I said, 'You know what? I'm just going to go in there and just do me.' And it's the same way I feel right now. I'm going to go in there and do me. Nobody sees me winning this fight. Nobody sees me winning this fight, so I'm going to go in there and do me and see what happens."

See, that chip on his shoulder is something nearly every champions has. They all have something to prove. Even when they don't, they create a scenario that exists only to them, because they need to have that focused intensity that only comes with wanting to succeed when everybody says you can't.

Someday very soon -- probably on Saturday night at UFC 145 -- Evans and Jones will shake hands and admit they have more in common with each than they have let on for all these months. And probably not long after that, Evans will make peace with Jackson. He served his purpose when he trained Evans, and he served his purpose when he didn't. If each time resulted in bringing the best out of Evans, he did his job, even if it resulted in hurt feelings.

If Evans wins, he won't look back on this time with any regret. The lifespan of a pro athlete isn't much past the blink of an eye. In that time, difficult decisions must be made for the advancement of careers, ones that fray old friendships, ones that create conflict where there is none. Evans may not have intentionally set out to nuke his relationship with his old team, but deep down, he probably did what he felt necessary. He chose an uncharted course over familiarity. He chose movement over standing still. He followed the advice of his old coach, even if it meant going against him.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ger Maan View Post
    Leuk interview, geeft wel wat meer duidelijkheid over het een en ander!

Maar hoezo zegt Spong dat die nu cool is met Overeem, ze hadden toch niks geen problemen met elkaar ofwel?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Niek-S View Post
    Leuk interview, geeft wel wat meer duidelijkheid over het een en ander!

Maar hoezo zegt Spong dat die nu cool is met Overeem, ze hadden toch niks geen problemen met elkaar ofwel?
    Toen met K-1 hadden ze volgens mij een beetje trashtalk.....denk ik

vCash