MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Default UFC 140 Results: Jones vs. Machida **Spoiler**

Main card
    Jon Jones def. Lyoto Machida via submission (guillotine)
    Frank Mir def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via submission (kimura)
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira def. Tito Ortiz via first-round TKO
    Brian Ebersole def. Claude Patrick via split decision
    Chan Sung Jung def. Mark Hominick via first-round TKO

Preliminary card
    Igor Pokrajac def. Krzystof Soszynski via first-round KO
    Constantinos Philippou def. Jared Hamman via first-round KO

Dennis Hallman def. John Makdessi via submission (rear-naked choke)
    Yves Jabouin def. Walel Watson via split decision

Mark Bocek def. Nik Lentz via unanimous decision
    Jake Hecht def. Rich Attonito via second-round TKO
    John Cholish def. Mitch Clarke via second-round TKO
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

UFC 140 Bonuses: Jones vs. Machida Is Fight of Night

Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida, Chan Sung Jung and Frank Mir each won $75,000 for post-fight honors at UFC 140 on Saturday at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

In the Fight of the Night, Jones became the first light heavyweight since Chuck Liddell to defend his belt more than once with his technical submission win over Lyoto Machida. After an uneasy first round, Jones in the second dropped Machida and then secured a sleep-inducing standing guillotine at four minutes and 26 seconds.

In what UFC president Dana White described as "Submission of the Century" while handing out the post-fight bonuses, Mir submitted Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira with kimura, dislocating the former interim UFC champ's shoulder in the process.

"I had a strong inclination [Nogueira] was not going to tap," Mir said. "I took a deep breath ... and you guys saw what happened."

Mir's submission was a come-from-behind win beginning with a choke escape to claim side control. Mir then quickly latched on a kimura and held the hold until Nogueira tapped. But by then, Nogueira's arm had already been bent out of position. Mir now becomes the first person to not only knock out Nogueira, but to submit him as well.

Jung took home Knockout of the Night with his seven-second KO over Mark Hominick, tying the UFC's official quickest knockout record in the process. Entering the fight as a heavy underdog, Jung leveled Hominick in the opening moments with a right hand and then knocked him out on the ground with punches. The official time was seven seconds.

Jung has produced "best of year" categories in both of his fights this year. Jung already has won the general consensus Submission of the Year with his Twister over Leonard Garcia and on Saturday offered a seven-second KO as one of the best knockouts in this calendar year.

According to White, UFC 140 drew 18,303 in attendance for a $3.9 million gate.

vCash

Igor Pokrajac Knocks Out Krzysztof Soszynski

The UFC 140 fight between Igor Pokrajac and Krzysztof Soszynski wasn't much of a fight at all.

Pokrajac needed just 35 seconds to knock out Soszynski, in a stunning display of striking: Pokrajac battered Soszynski with several hard punches and put him to the ground, and all Soszynski could do was cover up. Several seconds after the fight ended the cameras caught Soszynski still appearing to be out of it.

Pokrajac, a Croatian who trains with Mirko Cro Cop, is now on a two-fight winning streak and has looked tremendous in the stand-up department in both of his wins. The 32-year-old Pokrajac isn't among the elite light heavyweights in the sport, but he is an exciting fighter who usually puts on an entertaining show. The UFC can always find spots for guys like that.

As for Soszynski, the loss snaps a two-fight winning streak of his own, and showed that for as much power as he has on the ground, he reacts badly when he gets hit. This was a rough showing for Soszynski.

We'll find out later on Saturday night if Pokrajac's performance was good enough to earn the Knockout of the Night bonus. That would be a first for him, and make this by far the biggest payday of his fighting career.

vCash

Chan Sung Jung Knocks Out Mark Hominick in 7 Seconds

The first fight on Saturday night's UFC 140 pay-per-view broadcast was the shortest fight in UFC history.

Chan Sung Jung needed just seven seconds to knock out Mark Hominick, tying the UFC record for fastest knockout, previously set by Todd Duffee at UFC 102. Jung leveled Hominick with a huge right hand and then stood directly over him and battered him with punches on the ground before referee Herb Dean stepped in to stop it. Hominick recovered quickly, but it was the correct decision by Dean to stop the fight.

"I always expect to have a great win but that felt great," Jung said afterward, through his translator.

Hominick, who was fighting in front of his hometown fans in Toronto, said afterward that he let his emotions get the best of him and didn't come out following his game plan.

"I got a little too hyped up," he said. "I came out with a wild left hook. I just really wanted to get it done tonight."

With the win, Jung's record improves to 12-3. Hominick falls to 20-10.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/mark-hominick-ufc-140-post-fight-scrum/1320970221001

vCash

Brian Ebersole Beats Claude Patrick by Split Decision

A close and even fight at UFC 140 resulted in a split decision that left the fans booing, as Brian Ebersole beat Claude Patrick by split decision.

Two judges scored the fight 29-28 for Ebersole, while one scored it 29-28 for Patrick. The rounds were close enough that either score was justifiable, but the fans in Toronto made it clear that they thought their hometown guy, Patrick, had been robbed -- and Ebersole acknowledged it was surprising that he was able to win a decision over Patrick in Patrick's home town.

"I was upset because I wasn't able to do the things I hoped to do," Ebersole said. "I'm very thankful to get a decision in his home town."

The first round consistent almost entirely of clinch work against the cage, along with one long stretch on the ground in which Patrick had Ebersole in a guillotine choke but never came close to forcing Ebersole to tap. Ebersole deserved to win the ground based on controlling most of the clinch game and landing more effective punches, but it was a fairly close round without a lot happening.

As the clinch work continued in the second round the fans became restless, and it was a largely even round, again, without a lot of action. Patrick did land a couple of hard punches in the final seconds of the round and appeared to have Ebersole hurt, but instead of continuing to hammer away at Ebersole, Patrick unsuccessfully attempted a takedown to end the round.

At the start of the third round Patrick tried to take the fight to the ground and sink in a choke, but Ebersole ended up on top inside Patrick's guard. Ebersole briefly stood back up, just long enough to slam Patrick down and get on top in side control. Ebersole appeared to be controlling well enough to win the round, but in the final minute of the fight Patrick came back to life, attempted three different submissions and also hit Ebersole with some hard punches, and that was probably enough for Patrick to take the round.

But the only opinions that mattered were those of the judges, and two judges gave two rounds to Ebersole, giving him the fight.

vCash

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Beats Up Tito Ortiz

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira delivered a one-sided beating to Tito Ortiz on Saturday night at UFC 140, pummeling him on the ground for most of the first round before the referee mercifully stepped in to stop it.

"I feel so great," Nogueira said afterward. "It's like a dream come true. Tito Ortiz is a legend of the sport. I want to say thanks for fighting him."

For Nogueira, the win snaps a two-fight losing streak and puts him back into the upper echelon of the light heavyweight division. It was a very impressive showing.

The beating began when Nogueira landed a hard left hand against the cage and followed it with a knee, and from there Nogueira started whaling away while Ortiz could only block. As Ortiz attempted to defend himself he backed away, and when Nogueira caught him he landed a hard knee that knocked Ortiz down.

Once the fight went to the ground, Nogueira was on top and doing all the damage. Nogueira pounded away with hard punches and vicious elbows to the body, as Ortiz winced in pain and could do nothing more than cover himself up. Eventually the referee had no choice but to step in and stop it to save Ortiz.

After the fight Ortiz offered his congratulations to Nogueira.

"I gave it my all, man. I put my life in the cage," Ortiz said. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Little Nog was the better man tonight -- or at least the better fighter."

A UFC legend, Ortiz said he wants to fight at least one more time in the Octagon. He has earned the right to fight again, but at this point in his career, he's not on the same level as Nogueira.

vCash

Frank Mir Submits Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

The unthinkable happened at UFC 140: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira tapped out.

Nogueira is one of the great heavyweight jiu jitsu practitioners in the history of mixed martial arts, and he headed into his fight with Frank Mir on Saturday night with 20 victories by submission and no submission losses. But that all ended when Frank Mir executed a brutal kimura from the top position, appearing to dislocate Nogueira's shoulder and force him to submit in the first round of their fight.

For Mir, it was the second victory of his career over Nogueira -- he also became the first person to finish Nogueira when he beat him by TKO three years ago.

"I'm the first person to knock him out and the first and only person to submit him," Mir said. "I hope that Nogueira is OK. I idolize him."

Although the way Mir finished the fight was brutal, Nogueira had the upper hand early on: Nogueira hit Mir hard with punches and appeared to be close to knocking Mir out. Mir was dazed and looked almost out of it before he recovered on the ground and executed a stunning reversal to get into position to force the tap out.

"I was stunned," Mir said. "He caught me."

Everyone watching had to be stunned by what Mir did to Nogueira: Seeing Nogueira tap out is something many MMA fans thought they'd never witness. Now it has happened.

vCash

Jon Jones Chokes Out Lyoto Machida at UFC 140

It wasn't easy, but Jon Jones is still the UFC light heavyweight champion.

In a sensational main event to cap a great UFC 140 card in Toronto, Jones choked out Lyoto Machida in the second round with a deep standing guillotine, winning only after being tested in a hard-fought first round.

"He did punch me pretty good and wobble me a little bit so it was good," Jones said. "I think one of my biggest critic points is that I can't take a punch, so I'm glad to prove it to myself and to everyone that I can take a legit hit."

There was a long feeling out process at the start of the fight, with Jones trying a few flashy strikes but mostly missing, and Machida landing a leg kick but not doing much else. Later in the round Machida landed a hard body kick that had Jones backing up, and Jones landed a couple of kicks of his own. In the final minute of the first round Machida landed a left hand to Jones's head that was probably the hardest Jones had ever been hit in his MMA career, and although that appeared to stun Jones, he recovered quickly. The first round was fought the way Machida likes to fight, with both men moving in and out and countering each other, and Machida took the round.

The second round started in much the same way, with Machida's elusive style appearing to frustrate Jones, and Machida biding his time before landing a couple of hard punches. This time, however, Jones managed to get to the inside and take Machida down, and on the ground Jones landed one of his trademark elbows, opening up a big cut on Machida's forehead. After a brief pause for the doctor to check Machida's cut, Jones went back to work and sunk in that standing guillotine. After cranking for a few seconds, Machida went limp, and referee Big John McCarthy told Jones to let go. Machida slumped to the ground unconscious, and Jones celebrated his successful title defense.

It was a tremendous fight, one that showed Jones can handle himself if he faces adversity. There may be nothing Jones can't do: He's as good as there is in MMA. And he's still the champion.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

UFC 140 Video: Yves Jabouin Admits He Was 'Real Close' to Tapping at UFC 140

Yves Jabouin spoke to the media after his split decision win at UFC 140. Jabouin discussed what his coaches were telling him between rounds, which rounds he won, what it's like for him to win in Toronto and much more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/yves-jabouin-ufc-140-post-fight-scrum/1320847675001

vCash

Constantinos Philippou Went Into UFC 140 Fight With No Game Plan

MMA Fighting spoke with Constantinos Philippou after his TKO win over Jared Hamman at UFC 140 on Saturday. Philippou talks about why UFC 140 was the best day of his life and why he chose to enter the fight without a game plan.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/constantinos-philippou-ufc-140-post-fight-interview/1320904213001

vCash

UFC 140 Video: Mark Bocek Thinks He's Still 'in the Mix' at Lightweight

Mark Bocek spoke to the media after his unanimous decision win at UFC 140. Bocek discussed Nik Lentz's guillotine attempts, the reason for his black eye, and his "incredible" experience at Tristar gym.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/mark-bocek-ufc-140-post-fight-scrum/1320858360001

vCash

Igor Pokrajac Knew Fight Against Krzystof Soszynski Was Going to End Early

MMA Fighting caught up with Igor Pokrajac after his first-round knockout win at UFC 140. Pokrajac discussed what happened in the first round, what he learned about Krzystof Soszynski before the fight, how training changes have made a difference and much more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/igor-pokrajac-ufc-140-post-fight-interview/1320910039001

vCash

John Cholish Won't Leave Day Job Despite Impressive Debut

MMA Fighting caught up with John Cholish after his second-round TKO win. Cholish discussed the hardest part of fight week, his supporters in the crowd, and how he defeated Mitch Clarke.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/john-cholish-ufc-140-post-fight-interview/1320788720001

vCash

Dennis Hallman: UFC 140 Fight Was 'Do or Die'

MMA Fighting spoke with Dennis Hallman about the pressure heading into his UFC 140 fight against John Makdessi. In the interview below, Hallman talks about missing weight and the warning he received from UFC matchmaker Joe Silva.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/dennis-hallman-ufc-140-post-fight-interview/1320847669001

vCash

UFC 140 Video: Mark Hominick Admits He Came Out Too Aggressively

Mark Hominick spoke to the media after his loss to Chan Sung Jung at UFC 140. In the video below, Hominick talks about fighting "out of character" and his mental state after this setback.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/mark-hominick-ufc-140-post-fight-scrum/1320970221001

vCash

Dana White Talks UFC 140, Miguel Torres Reaction, Flyweight Division

Watch below as Dana White discusses all the news coming out of UFC 140, the introduction of the flyweight division, the reaction to Miguel Torres' firing and the latest on Strikeforce.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/dana-white-ufc-140-post-fight-interview/1321053633001

vCash

Jon Jones Explains How He Overcame Lyoto Machida's 'Awkardness'

Watch below as Jon Jones discusses how he beat Lyoto Machida at UFC 140, his thoughts early on, how he negated his style, when he would like to fight again, and his remarkable year.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/jon-jones-ufc-140-post-fight-interview/1321072687001

vCash

Default Ziek van UFC 140.....

Damn dit was na de KO van Wandy de tweede keer dat ik me serieus fysiek misselijk voel na een UFC.

Klote voor Noguiera .... godverdomme! Dat ik dit moet meemaken.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Biiyen View Post
    Damn dit was na de KO van Wandy de tweede keer dat ik me serieus fysiek misselijk voel na een UFC.

ik ook... Ik kon het niet aanzien... Ik voel de pijn en teleurstelling ook...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Biiyen View Post

Ik zal UFC 140 nooit te boven komen (Nog+Lyoto).

vCash

Heel jammer van Lyoto... Jones is een geweldige vechter, maar zo arrogant dat ik het hem niet zo erg gun. Sterke eerste ronde voor Lyoto, maar sterk afgemaakt door bones in de tweede.