MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bromios View Post
    Die wordt 2x zo groot want tijdens een schorsing wordt je niet gecontroleerd
    Nog groter??? en ze is al zo mooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hahahahaha lol
    Nee denk dat ze dr lesje wel geleerd heeft jaar schorsing geen geld en de schande enz enz
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Days Before Steroid Appeal, Cris Cyborg Offers Statement on Positive Test

Breaking her silence on the positive drug test that cost her a one-year suspension, Cris "Cyborg" released a video statement publicly acknowledging her personal responsibility for the result before offering her explanation. According to the former Strikeforce women's featherweight champion, she was deceived by someone within her camp who gave her the drug in an effort to lose weight.

"I did not know it was a steroid," she said in the taped statement shot by MMAPrime.tv.

Cyborg said she "made a mistake in trusting someone in my camp," and in rectifying the problem, said she had "eliminated certain people" from the camp.She also said she has been taking monthly drug tests at the same laboratory used by the California state athletic commission in an attempt to show she does not take steroids.

Cyborg's positive result came shortly after her Dec. 17 win over Hiroko Yamanaka. It had been her first fight back after an 18-month layoff, and she was dominant, needing just 16 seconds to earn a first-round TKO.

The good times didn't last. In early January, she was informed of the positive result for stanozolol, a steroid often used to lose fat while preserving muscle. She was subsequently stripped of her belt and suspended for one year. Soon after, she attributed the cause to a dietary supplement. While she has now added more detail to the explanation and noted that she was ultimately responsible for what was in her body, she still held to the same defense.

"People say the only way I have gotten to where I am now is the use of drugs," she said. "They say I am a cheater. That's not true. I just made the mistake of taking something that was supposed to help me lose weight. I did not know it was a steroid."

Cyborg also acknowledged the result "cost me my belt and made me look like a cheater."

But, she said, she plans to continue working hard at her chosen sport and expects to return to the cage with a vengeance whenever her suspension is lifted.

"I want to say to my fans, I'm still training. I'm never going to stop," she said. "Everything I did for MMA is not going to stop here. I will be back."

Meanwhile, Cyborg's appeal is officially on the California state athletic commission docket for its April 9 meeting. On the agenda, she is listed as Cris "Cyborg" Justino, after recently confirming the end of her relationship with ex-husband Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos.

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

One-Year Steroids Suspension Upheld for Cris 'Cyborg'

Cris "Cyborg" Justino will spend one year of her prime on the sidelines, the result of the California state athletic commission (CSAC) voting to uphold her suspension stemming from a positive steroids test last December.

It was all smiles for Cyborg on December 17, when she needed just 16 seconds to TKO Hiroko Yamanaka in her return following an 18-month layoff, but the good times didn't last when she was informed she tested positive for stanozolol after the bout. In her Monday hearing, she didn't contest the results but said she had been given the supplements by a member of her coaching staff.
    In her remarks, Cyborg said she didn't condone the use of performance-enhancing drugs in MMA, and her attorney noted that they have taken steps to have her tested monthly and make sure the supplements she will take in the future won't contain any banned substances.

Their arguments, however, didn't lead to any leniency from CSAC in confirming their original one-year penalty and a $2,500 fine, which her lawyer said she has already paid. A motion by commissioner John Frierson to reduce the suspension to six months was denied.

The punishment effectively means that Cyborg (10-1, 1 no contest) will have lost nearly 30 months of her career to contracts snafus and the suspension while arguably in her athletic prime (she turns 27 in July). Her sole fight from July 2010 until the time her suspension is up in December 2012 is the bout against Yamanaka, which will go down in the record books as a no contest.

Prior to the positive test, Cyborg had been one of the most feared fighters in any division in MMA, finishing five of her six opponents while fighting for major promotions before the bout with Yamanaka. There had also been a growing cloud of suspicion around her for her muscular build, but as she noted during the hearing, she has been tested many times and never had a positive result until her last fight.

Cyborg said the supplement that contained stanozolol came from a coach who also assisted her with nutrition. She believed it would help her to lose weight but did not know it was banned. She said she has since removed that person from her team, and now it appears she'll have plenty of time to form a new team around her.
    In addition to the fine and suspension, Cyborg was also stripped of the women's featherweight title, which she first won when she defeated Gina Carano back in August 2009.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Dus die is begin volgens jaar al weer terug.