MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by youssef22 View Post
    Mannen ik snap niet dat dit niet eerder gevraagt is wie zouden jullie eerder doen tate of rousey.
    Rousey for sure!

vCash

Wanneer.zijn.de.weight-ins?
    (>.<)

vCash

allebei tegelijk
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

vCash

Default Paul Daley: My 2012 Focus Is Getting a Strikeforce Belt

2011 was not the kindest of years to British welterweight Paul Daley. At least not in Strikeforce. Of the five fights he took in those twelve months, he lost the two that took place within the Strikeforce cage. Yes, the other three wins in smaller shows were against respected competitors. But when it counted the most - and when the Strikeforce title was on the line against Nick Diaz - everything fell apart.

Talking to Daley now, he's still smoldering. He still wants to compete and knows he can against the best, but this time he wants the bigger bouts to go his way. "I've had [title] opportunities and I just haven't taken them. I'd like to work my way towards another opportunity at fighting for a belt," a thoughtful Daley told Ariel Helwani today on The MMA Hour. "My main focus in 2012 is getting a belt here at Strikeforce."

He's not making demands, of course. These days, Daley understands the value of right timing, and perhaps most importantly, right place. Being part of a bigger show is not something to take for granted. "I'm just happy to be here with Strikeforce and still competing," Daley humbly admitted. "Since Zuffa has taken over Strikeforce there's a lot more organization to the whole promotion. I'm just happy to be part of it."

That's Daley today: a fighter alternating between gratitude for opportunity and an unfailing desire to prove he can best his contemporaries as the top welterweight around.

The road back starts this Saturday. Daley is set to face Japanese import Kazuo Misaki on the main card of Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Daley is cognizant of the challenges in front of him. He calls Misaki 'a proper fighter' and touts his knowledge of his opponent via the help he gave Melvin Manhoef before the Dutch striker's bout with him in 2009.

But while Daley acknowledges Misaki's legitimacy, he's more excited to just be fighting in Strikeforce. "I was just happy to fight. I was just happy to be fighting. I'm a fighter. I like to stay active," Daley matter-of-factly noted. Beating Misaki is important for Daley - his career can't go forward without it - but the real priority on Saturday is "a chance to get some more wins together and get another shot at the championship belt."

Daley knows he'll have to wait in line. He's lost two in a row in Strikeforce and their welterweight roster has a new, important addition: the UFC-estranged Nate Marquardt. Daley sees him as an asset and potential opponent.
    "I appreciate the level that Nate [Marquardt] has fought at and the interesting match-ups that he brings for Strikeforce," Daley confesses. "The fact that I was supposed to fight him before and hopefully now it can materialize in Strikeforce it's a motivating factor for me also."

To hear Daley play matchmaker, he's betting Strikeforce will likely pit Marquardt against the surging if uninspiring Tyron Woodley first to crown a champion. Given Marquardt's name value and the lackluster action in Daley's first bout with Woodley, it's no mystery to the British striker he'll have to wait his turn. "I can see why they'll give Nate the title shot straight away and it's something me and my team was discussing earlier on today," Daley confessed. "A rematch with me and [Tyron] Woodley...wasn't really an exciting fight the first time around. I can see why it'd be hard for the promoters to make something of that fight whereas Nate has a big name. It would be a real test for Tyron Woodley as well. See if he can escape with another victory."

Daley's angle, though, is no matter who wins between Woodley and Marquardt, he's not going to be too far behind. "I figure after Nate beats Woodley, then I get the shot for the championship belt having defeated Misaki. It's interesting."
    Whatever happens to Daley this Saturday or in 2012, he still cannot seem to escape the impact of his falling out with UFC President Dana White. After sucker punching Josh Koscheck after the final bell in their fight at UFC 113, Daley's been out of the UFC and seemingly without any hope of return. It's cast a shadow on his career and with the two additional loses in 2011, an issue that follows him wherever he goes.

Yet, it's not something he wants to talk about. This time there's reluctance and that may be to his benefit. Daley doesn't want to get mired in what is an intractable situation when only words are involved. Once and for all, the British striker would prefer to let his fighting do the talking for him.

Round by round, fight by fight, Daley wants to prove his accomplishments can carry him where he wants to go. On Saturday, it's a win over Misaki. In 2012, it's the Strikeforce belt. Beyond that? It's as far as his fighting can take him.
    "I don't really wanna harp on about [my situation with Dana White]. I just want to keep going forward, keep training hard, keep getting good wins, keep entertaining and just doing my thing. And I think that is enough to show I'm an asset to whatever organization I'm at."

vCash

Fight Journal: Sarah Kaufman Edition

Strikeforce bantamweight fighter Sarah Kaufman is in Columbus, OH, getting ready for her No. 1 contender fight against Alexis Davis on Saturday. MMAFighting.com's E. Casey Leydon spent the day with the Canadian and her team as they went grocery shopping, did media and trained for the upcoming fight. Watch Kaufman's Fight Journal below.

http://assets.mmafighting.vid.io/f62...efd0f399aa.mp4

vCash

Miesha Tate, Ronda Rousey Verbally Spar One Last Time Before Fight Night

Watch below as the main card stars of Saturday night's Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey, including headliners Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey, meet with the press one final time before fight night.

http://assets.mmafighting.vid.io/5a4...52bb1f48cd.mp4

vCash

vCash

vCash

Paul Daley via KO en hopelijk terug naar de UFC

KJ Noons via KO

En zoals ik al zei, Tate zal Rousey mentaal kapot maken en naar de latere rondes brengen voor een TKO overwinning.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T15Boxing View Post
    Paul Daley via KO en hopelijk terug naar de UFC

KJ Noons via KO

En zoals ik al zei, Tate zal Rousey mentaal kapot maken en naar de latere rondes brengen voor een TKO overwinning.
    Rousey is nog niet echt in het diepe geweest, zal me verbazen als Tate de vechtster zal zijn die dat doet.

vCash

Tate vs. Rousey Weigh-In Results

The decade's most-anticipated women's bout has been cleared for launch.

Reigning Strikeforce bantamweight champion Miesha Tate and undefeated challenger Ronda Rousey both made weight at Friday afternoon's Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey weigh-ins in Columbus, Ohio, rendering their heavy-hyped title tilt official.
    Despite a steep drop from featherweight, Rousey found her mark easily, weighing-in at a trim 134.5 pounds. Likewise, Tate successfully tipped the scales at 134.5 pounds.

After months of pre-fight build-up, the smoldering rivalry finally came to a crescendo as both fighters had to be separated by Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker following a forehead-to-forehead staredown. "Thank you guys for putting your money down so I'm favored," Rousey declared. "I can't wait until it's legal for me to actually kick her ass. Tune in tomorrow."

As has been the case throughout much of the pre-fight spectacle, Tate shook off her opponent's brashness to be measured in her response. "I'm excited to put on a great fight. I think we've done a great job pumping this fight up and I hope y'all are really excited to see it," the champion said. "It's going to be an amazing fight."

In the co-main event, former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson hit the stage at 155 pounds after a torturous 15-month injury layoff. His opponent, perennial ‘Fight of the Night' contender K.J. Noons, edged in at 156 pounds.

Full weigh-in results are below.

Main card (Showtime):
    Miesha Tate (134.5) vs. Ronda Rousey (134.5)
    K.J. Noons (156) vs. Josh Thomson (155)
    Paul Daley (171) vs. Kazuo Misaki (169.5)
    Bristol Marunde (184) vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (184.5)
    Lumumba Sayers (185) vs. Scott Smith (186)

Preliminary card (Showtime Extreme):
    Alexis Davis (135.5) vs. Sarah Kaufman (135.5)
    Caros Fodor (155.5) vs. Pat Healy (155)
    Ryan Couture (154) vs. Conor Heun (155)
    Roger Bowling (170) vs. Brandon Saling (170.5)

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Tate gaat gewoon keihard geownd worden. Ronda is van een hele andere en nieuwe categorie.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by elpappi View Post
    Tate gaat gewoon keihard geownd worden. Ronda is van een hele andere en nieuwe categorie.
    x2, exit tate. Grootste probleem is tegen wie ronda daarna moet.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bromios View Post
    x2, exit tate. Grootste probleem is tegen wie ronda daarna moet.
    Cyborg
    Fighting is poetry in motion

vCash

Jammer dat Mousasi niet meer op deze kaart staat, nu is hij niet goed genoeg om voor op te blijven.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Company View Post
    Jammer dat Mousasi niet meer op deze kaart staat, nu is hij niet goed genoeg om voor op te blijven.
    Ik kijk alleen Jacare
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

Hoop dat Tate flinke billenkoek krijgt ja