MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default ProElite 3: Kendall Grove vs. Ikuhisa Minowa

Kendall Grove vs. Ikuhisa Minowa Targeted for ProElite 3

Former UFC middleweight Kendall Grove will meet Ikuhisa Minowa at ProElite 3 on Jan. 21 in Hawaii, MMAFighting.com has learned from sources close to the fighters. When contacted by MMAFighting.com, ProElite head of fight operations T. Jay Thompson would not confirm or deny the upcoming fight.

While not officially announced, ProElite 3 is scheduled to be held at the Neil S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, HI, site of ProElite 1.

According to sources close to the Japanese fighter, Minowa has signed a three-fight North American exclusive deal with ProElite.

Minowa, a 51-32-8 veteran of the sport, will be making his debut for ProElite. He has fought for Pancrase, PRIDE, DEEP, DREAM, and once in the UFC. The popular and charismatic Japanese fighter, nicknamed "The Punk" and "Minowaman," among other names, has won his last four fights in a row.

The 29-year-old Grove got back on the winning track when he defeated Joe Riggs at ProElite 1 in August. That fight marked his first since his release from the UFC following a second straight loss. The season 3 TUF winner ended his UFC run with a 7-6 record.

Also rumored for the Jan. 21 event is the return of Sara Mcmann and the semi-finals of the promotion's heavyweight tournament.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Stevige tegenstander voor Kendall, maar ik hoop dat hij hem pakt! War Grove!
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

Ik ga voor Minowa Mannnnnn!!!

vCash

Ik ben denk ik effe in de war. Is dit minowaman die tegen Sokedjou heeft gevochten? Dat is toch een op z'n best LHW. Kendall is toch MW?
    "If the ref hadn’t stopped him, Fedor was going to take that head home to his spaceship and polish it."

Fedor Emelianenko - "I don't talk about my weaknesses. I work on them."

vCash

vCash

vCash

Fans Who Wear Red Trunks to ProElite 3 to Receive Free Tickets for Life

You know that pair of red Speedos in your closet that you always think about wearing? Well, it's time to dust them off because they're your ticket to free MMA shows for life.

ProElite's head of fight operations T. Jay Thompson announced on Twitter recently that any fan who shows up to the organization's Jan. 21 event in Hawaii wearing red trunks will receive free ProElite tickets for life. Yes, for life.

Of course, the publicity stunt is in honor of headliner Ikuhisa Minowa, who's famous for fighting in plain, red trunks.

"It's fun," Thompson told MMAFighting.com. "I'd like to think I'm being innovative, but I'm a fan of promoters like Bill Veeck and P.T. Barnum. I like promoters that don't take life too seriously."

ProElite 3, headlined by Kendall Grove vs. "Minowaman," airs live on HDNet on Jan. 21 from the Neal Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, HI. Below is a promo clip for the event.

vCash

als je geen fan bent van MINOWAMAN, ben je geen fan van MMA

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by superfreak View Post
    Ik ben denk ik effe in de war. Is dit minowaman die tegen Sokedjou heeft gevochten? Dat is toch een op z'n best LHW. Kendall is toch MW?
    die gevechten van hem zijn meestal open weight. Mino zelf vecht het lieft op 195, naar 185 gaan zal voor hem geen enkel probleem trouwens zijn

vCash

vCash

WAR MINOWAMAN!