MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    vCash

Ik begrijp niet waarom de gemoederen hierover zo hoog oplopen. Welk nut dient het om de kloof groter te maken en de verhoudingen steeds meer op scherp te zetten? Probeer het grotere belang in het oog te houden, beter dat iedereen straks gewoon nog/weer door één deur kan met elkaar, voor de sport. Ik ben AO-fan maar ik laat Bas Rutten hiervoor niet vallen en ik gun GG ook nog steeds alle succes in deze tak van sport. Beetje geven, beetje nemen en foutjes door de vingers kunnen zien, die maken we namelijk allemaal van tijd tot tijd.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by micha View Post
    Kijk Bas weet precies hoe het zit en heeft het GG management als eerste gewaarschuwd dat hij er vandoor zou gaan zodra hij heeft getekend. Waarom denk je dat iemand als Bas Rutten zo reageert.
    Als eerste denk ik dat Bas zo reageert om voor zijn vriend (Ron) op te komen. Nogmaals, dat is zijn goed recht, dit doen vrienden voor elkaar die jaar en dag een grote emotionele bankrekening bij elkaar hebben opgebouwd.

Op dit punt kan je Bas dit idd niet kwalijk nemen, maar het feit is natuurlijk wel dat de publieke opinie hier anders tegen aankijkt omdat hij z'n verhaal 180 graden draait.

Daarnaast komt bij dat Bas (zoals je vermeld) geen vertrouwen had in Alistair, maar ook dat bleek niet in zijn opelijke publicaties.

Er moet vast een punt zijn geweest waar het fout is gegaan of een opeenstapeling van irritaties waar intern vast over is gesproken.

Ik vroeg net ook, en nogmaals it's just a gentleman challenges:

Maar snappen jullie waarom Alistair zo kwaad is? En zo ja, waarom....

Ik kan me goed indenken waarom GG pissig is als iemand zomaar het team verlaat waar hij is opgegroeit, maar wat is de achterliggende gedachte waarom iemand een team verlaat.

Martijn de Jong, Cor, Roberto: the combo was top of the world... Je gaat niet zomaar weg lijkt mij.

vCash

Ik vind Bas z'n verklaring wel een beetje "glazig"

vCash

Tja, ik zal bas Rutten nooit meer serieus nemen.

vCash

Hier een reactie van Bas zelf,

"OK, this is for the people who think I suddenly changed my mind on Alistair Overeem, and that I am now, “against him”, and THAT is the reason I say now that JDS is gonna beat him. This is what I said I wrote before; I added some stuff to be more clear:

I'm not bias against Alistair Overeem, I was just giving my HONEST opinion on the fight. I still think Alistair is a strong/talented fighter and he has a great chance of winning the title. He destroyed Brock, and with a kick to the liver, “Hallelujah ”, you know what I think of liver shots, so that was cool. But when they ask me “Who’s gonna win between JDS and Overeem”? And I say that I think JDS wins this fight, I really think that he wins the fight. Listen, you know I have been many times wrong, so it doesn’t mean he wins, but when you ask for what I think, I reply honest.
    Like I honestly think that JDS is a striker who throws combos, Alistairs does not, and if you look at the Werdum/Overeem fight, you see that Werdum connects more then the other way around. I know also that JDS hits much harder then Werdum. Also, let’s not forget that JDS KO’d Werdum, and Overeem took Werdum to a decision. On top of that, JDS KO’d Mirko Cro Cop, Alistair didn’t, well, if you don’t count kneeing him in the pills.

When I say that Overeem has a glass jaw, I say that because I truly believe he has one, the rest of the world knows this as well. What? You never read the forums when he had his “tough ride, and lost in 7 fights 5 times, and 4 of those losses were by way of KO (1 sub)”? (May 2006 till September 2007)
    On EVERY forum everybody said that he had a glass jaw, even in Holland? Haha, and now I suddenly lie and make this up? (No, I just didn’t mention the “glass jaw” before)
    And yes, I said he was # 1 on my “top 10 list for HW” when he was my friend, but I always made sure to mention that I say he's is number 1 on my list because: A: "he's a friend", or, B: "Because he's from Holland".

That list was also made when GG was negotiating with the UFC, and when they had trouble, remember, firing Marloes Coenen and the other fighters? I wanted Alistair to fight in the UFC; I wanted the next guy from Holland to get the UFC title!

My words may sounds harsher now that I'm not l friends with Overeem anymore, but my opinion of the fight and it's possible outcome is not affected by this. When I say that he DID have a bit of luck winning the K1, again, the whole world knows this is true, why don’t you go to all the forums around the time of him winning the K1, and read for yourself? The ONLY thing I did is leaving things like: “he had a bit of luck as well winning the K1” or the comment of the "glass jaw", I simply left those remarks out when we were friends.
    If I wouldn't have known him personally, (and this is 100% the truth), I would have said those things on Inside MMA as well. And you know why? Because they are TRUE, and MANY other people were saying this as well. Only his friends, manager, trainer, etc, didn’t say those things out loud, but I guarantee you, they THOUGHT it and talked about it among each other! I know this, because that’s what we talked about when he won the K1. Everybody acknowledged of course that he is an unbelievable fighter, an animal, because he is, but we also said, “Well, he had a bit of luck as well, I mean, he fought a broken down Peter Aerts, who just fought a war against Sem Schilt, (Schilt, who won the K1 4 times in a row!!) And after that he fought Saki in the finals, who had a broken arm AND a broken hand”. On the forums in Holland people were even thinking that it was a fixed fight, since they were both from GG. (But it 100% certainly, wasn’t!).
    Still, that doesn’t take away what a great fighter Overeem is, I don’t say he’s not, I just mention the hard FACTS.

I always told Golden Glory, when they were given names of possible opponents for Overeem, to: “stay away from Cain Velasquez, and JDS, let him first fight a few other guys, so he’s used to fighting in the UFC, and THEN, well, he eventually HAS to fight them, but those are the two toughest ones”.

I don’t care if you believe me or not, I stopped doing that a long time ago about DUMB things that have been said on the Internet, (not things that matter of course). It’s the first thing I tell fighters, when they ask me for advice, I always say: “Stay OFF the internet, because many people have no clue what they are talking about, they don’t train, never fought themselves, but they ARE telling the pro’s how they should or should have, fight/fought”. Some fighters get really bothered by that, and it will affect them when they fight, that’s why I say this. But trust me, I can look at myself in the mirror and know I am 100% truthful.

Since this subject showed up on a LOT of websites, and I had MANY questions about it on my Facebook/Twitter account, I thought to address it. I think I have been very clear, so if there is still a question, just read it again, it’s in there. To all my fans, who get my humor and know me the way I am, I am sorry, but I have been extremely busy lately, that’s why I haven’t been on twitter for a bit, only “here and there”. I promise to make more time, so if I didn’t answer a question right away, and it’s a good question, just ask me again; hopefully I see it this time.

I vented and it is OUT of my system!

Godspeed and party on!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bladetrinity View Post
    Hier een reactie van Bas zelf,

"OK, this is for the people who think I suddenly changed my mind on Alistair Overeem, and that I am now, “against him”, and THAT is the reason I say now that JDS is gonna beat him. This is what I said I wrote before; I added some stuff to be more clear:

I'm not bias against Alistair Overeem, I was just giving my HONEST opinion on the fight. I still think Alistair is a strong/talented fighter and he has a great chance of winning the title. He destroyed Brock, and with a kick to the liver, “Hallelujah ”, you know what I think of liver shots, so that was cool. But when they ask me “Who’s gonna win between JDS and Overeem”? And I say that I think JDS wins this fight, I really think that he wins the fight. Listen, you know I have been many times wrong, so it doesn’t mean he wins, but when you ask for what I think, I reply honest.
    Like I honestly think that JDS is a striker who throws combos, Alistairs does not, and if you look at the Werdum/Overeem fight, you see that Werdum connects more then the other way around. I know also that JDS hits much harder then Werdum. Also, let’s not forget that JDS KO’d Werdum, and Overeem took Werdum to a decision. On top of that, JDS KO’d Mirko Cro Cop, Alistair didn’t, well, if you don’t count kneeing him in the pills.

When I say that Overeem has a glass jaw, I say that because I truly believe he has one, the rest of the world knows this as well. What? You never read the forums when he had his “tough ride, and lost in 7 fights 5 times, and 4 of those losses were by way of KO (1 sub)”? (May 2006 till September 2007)
    On EVERY forum everybody said that he had a glass jaw, even in Holland? Haha, and now I suddenly lie and make this up? (No, I just didn’t mention the “glass jaw” before)
    And yes, I said he was # 1 on my “top 10 list for HW” when he was my friend, but I always made sure to mention that I say he's is number 1 on my list because: A: "he's a friend", or, B: "Because he's from Holland".

That list was also made when GG was negotiating with the UFC, and when they had trouble, remember, firing Marloes Coenen and the other fighters? I wanted Alistair to fight in the UFC; I wanted the next guy from Holland to get the UFC title!

My words may sounds harsher now that I'm not l friends with Overeem anymore, but my opinion of the fight and it's possible outcome is not affected by this. When I say that he DID have a bit of luck winning the K1, again, the whole world knows this is true, why don’t you go to all the forums around the time of him winning the K1, and read for yourself? The ONLY thing I did is leaving things like: “he had a bit of luck as well winning the K1” or the comment of the "glass jaw", I simply left those remarks out when we were friends.
    If I wouldn't have known him personally, (and this is 100% the truth), I would have said those things on Inside MMA as well. And you know why? Because they are TRUE, and MANY other people were saying this as well. Only his friends, manager, trainer, etc, didn’t say those things out loud, but I guarantee you, they THOUGHT it and talked about it among each other! I know this, because that’s what we talked about when he won the K1. Everybody acknowledged of course that he is an unbelievable fighter, an animal, because he is, but we also said, “Well, he had a bit of luck as well, I mean, he fought a broken down Peter Aerts, who just fought a war against Sem Schilt, (Schilt, who won the K1 4 times in a row!!) And after that he fought Saki in the finals, who had a broken arm AND a broken hand”. On the forums in Holland people were even thinking that it was a fixed fight, since they were both from GG. (But it 100% certainly, wasn’t!).
    Still, that doesn’t take away what a great fighter Overeem is, I don’t say he’s not, I just mention the hard FACTS.

I always told Golden Glory, when they were given names of possible opponents for Overeem, to: “stay away from Cain Velasquez, and JDS, let him first fight a few other guys, so he’s used to fighting in the UFC, and THEN, well, he eventually HAS to fight them, but those are the two toughest ones”.

I don’t care if you believe me or not, I stopped doing that a long time ago about DUMB things that have been said on the Internet, (not things that matter of course). It’s the first thing I tell fighters, when they ask me for advice, I always say: “Stay OFF the internet, because many people have no clue what they are talking about, they don’t train, never fought themselves, but they ARE telling the pro’s how they should or should have, fight/fought”. Some fighters get really bothered by that, and it will affect them when they fight, that’s why I say this. But trust me, I can look at myself in the mirror and know I am 100% truthful.

Since this subject showed up on a LOT of websites, and I had MANY questions about it on my Facebook/Twitter account, I thought to address it. I think I have been very clear, so if there is still a question, just read it again, it’s in there. To all my fans, who get my humor and know me the way I am, I am sorry, but I have been extremely busy lately, that’s why I haven’t been on twitter for a bit, only “here and there”. I promise to make more time, so if I didn’t answer a question right away, and it’s a good question, just ask me again; hopefully I see it this time.

I vented and it is OUT of my system!

Godspeed and party on!"
    Leuk, maar je bent de derde die dit quote......

Even los van alles...
    Straks is Alistair de man daar en mag Bas hem interviewen....garantie voor leuke tv toch?

(Iedereen heeft toch wel eens wat onaardigs over een ander gezegd? Grow up allemaal!)

vCash

jongens, omdat Bas een legendarische vechter was betekent nog niet dat hij omnipotent is
    die man geeft gewoon zijn ongezouten mening
    daarom: beetje zout erop en doorgaan met het leven
    "If you have to stop and think, it's too late"

vCash

zo zijn mensen nou eenmaal FXR
    "If you have to stop and think, it's too late"