Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash

Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Van de dikste kaart naar een steeds mindere kaart jammer WAAROM ALI

vCash

Roy Nelson heeft een mazzeltje hier. Deze kan hij winnen dus voorlopig geen 205 voor hem denk ik.

Het enige waar ik naar uit kijk is Hunt-Struve, de rest kan me gestolen worden. Jammer dit.

vCash

Wat een zware deceptie deze card, kijk hoe vet die was en kijk wat er van over is.
    Echt een grote teleurstelling voor mij en ik denk met mij velen.

Jammer, jammer, jammer.

vCash

jds sloopt mir arrogante balhaar

vCash

vCash

vCash

Default UFC 146 Primetime: Dos Santos vs Mir - Episode 1

Graag gedaan mensen~!

vCash

Ze kunnen hypen wat ze willen, maar blijft een kut pot. jds slaat nie k.o.

vCash

Bedankt! Ik ben benieuwd....

vCash

vCash

vCash

UFC 146 Blog: Stefan Struve Was Mark Hunt Fan Growing Up

I started my camp about eight weeks ago, and it's a great feeling to know we're almost done and ready to fight. The hard training is pretty much finished, and I'm now just focused on staying in one piece and not coming down with any injuries or illness before the fight. So, although I'm still working very hard in camp, I'm also being very careful.

You always have good and bad days in training, but I wouldn't swap my job for the world. Believe me, I'm not the kind of guy that can happily sit behind a desk and work a nine-to-five. This is what I do and I enjoy every moment of it, even the training sessions that drag on and destroy your body. When you get to this point – a week or two from the fight – you can really feel the benefit of all that hard work, and it's great to feel in shape and physically fit.

Also, you might think that because I'm 6-foot-11 my body suffers more from training than it should, but that's not really the case. And, if it is the case, it's something I'm used to now anyway. As you can imagine, I've always been a pretty tall guy – that's all I've ever known. When I was eleven or twelve years old, I really started to grow and shoot up above my classmates. I've been used to being the big kid in the playground all my life, and that hasn't really changed since joining the UFC and competing as a mixed martial artist. I'm now the tallest guy on the UFC roster and, in many ways, it's just like being back at school again.

It's a strange feeling, because I don't believe I'm any different to the 5-foot-10 heavyweights like Mark Hunt or Pat Barry. Sure, I'm a little bit taller and longer, but I've grown up in this body and frame all of my life, so it's nothing new or weird to me. I just see myself as being the same as them, only I'm able to see over large crowds of people, while they might struggle.

I never played basketball – tried once, was useless – but I did used to play center back on soccer teams in Holland. I figured back then I'd either make it as a center forward, winning balls in the air and getting on the end of crosses, or as a dominant center back, winning balls in the air and stopping crosses. I didn't exactly have the build to be a quick and agile winger.

Football was a passing phase, though, and it was the K-1 fights on TV that first attracted me to combat sports. I would have only been ten or eleven at the time, but always remember tuning in to watch those events. My brother would also bring home a lot of DVDs of Pride events, and that was something different altogether. I had never heard of MMA before that time, and couldn't believe there was something out there that encouraged kicking and punching in addition to wrestling and jiu-jitsu. The whole concept was fascinating.

My next opponent, Mark Hunt, was actually one of the guys I watched a lot of during my teenage years. He has competed in both K-1 and Pride, and was always somebody who loved to stand and trade kicks and punches. His style of fighting was a personal favorite of mine and, to be honest, I was a big fan of Mark for many years.

My brother was also an inspiration during this time. He was already training MMA, and had even had a couple of fights. So, when I turned 14, he decided to take me to the gym and, it's fair to say, I haven't looked back since. The day I set foot inside that gym was the day I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

On my first day of training we were doing a lot of bag and pad work, and I remember going to school the next day and being unable to write with a pen because my hand was still shaking from impact. The teachers couldn't understand why I was so behind on my work, but I knew it was because I'd been hitting the heavy bags so hard.

Despite my early love of punching, I've never been the type of guy to get involved in fights away from the gym. That's just not my thing. Even as a kid, I was never the sort to scrap in the playground. Also, I towered over a lot of kids my age, so they would have been foolish to pick a fight with me.

Still, when I was 18, I started working as a bouncer to make some money and help out my parents, and that was a real eye opener for me, as many fights would break out on a nightly basis. You always hoped they wouldn't – and did your best to prevent them – but alcohol and testosterone is never a good mix. Working the door consisted of lots of late nights and fist fights, though I tried to stop the fights before they got out of hand. Looking back, I'm now happy I get paid to fight and can get to bed at a reasonable time.

That was my life before the UFC. As you can see, I'm happy to be where I am right now, and can see beyond the aches and pains that follow an eight-week training camp. Come May 26, I know it will have all been worth it...

Stefan 'Skyscraper' Struve fights veteran Mark Hunt at UFC 146 on Saturday, May 26, live on pay-per-view. You can follow Struve on Twitter (
    @StefanStruve) for all the latest news ahead of his bout at UFC 146.

vCash

struve is een sympathieke vent. hoop dat die een mooie sub eruit gooit volgende week. Daarna hoop ik dat Hunt van iedereen gaat winnen, maar deze partij nog even niet.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Junior dos Santos Still Believes Frank Mir Lacks Heart

The buildup to the UFC 146 main event figured to be a one-sided hype affair. After all, former champion Frank Mir is one of the game's most quotable fighters, and current kingpin Junior dos Santos is reserved and respectful in public.

But with nine days left until their heavyweight showdown, it's clear a comment made by the champion has struck a nerve with the challenger.

In an interview with MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani on Monday, Dos Santos questioned Mir's heart when the going gets tough in the Octagon. "In his fights, when he's in a bad situation, it's easy for him to give up," the champ said.

When Mir was asked about those comments at Thursday's UFC 146 media teleconference, he attempted to dismiss them out of hand.

"Junior dos Santos has done better in the Octagon than he has at trying to sell his fights," said Mir. "It's something he's new at.
    "No one likes to hear anything negative said about them, but I just broke down why he said what he said when he backed it up on certain fights and I looked at it. I have no issues with my matches so I just took it as him trying to sell the fight, trying to stir the pot."

To which the normally mild-mannered dos Santos may as well have said, "I meant every word I said, buddy."

"I don't promote fights by talking trash," said dos Santos. "What I say, I say because I believe it. I confirm and I stand by what I said and what I meant by that remark is that I feel Frank Mir lacks heart and lacks the ability to get through tough spots in a fight."

"I don't say things just to sell the fight. If I said it, it's because that's what I believe."

Mir continued stirring the pot later in the press conference. He noted that after he defeated dos Santos' campmate, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, in December, he received his far share of less-than-polite email from Big Nog's Brazilian fans.

"After the Nog fight I got my share of emails that I had to run through Google translator, and they weren't that nice," Mir said.
    With more than a week left before the main event, Mir's Brazilian emails aren't likely to get a whole nicer.

vCash

Slimmed-Down 'Bigfoot' Ready for Cain Velasquez

One of Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva's most important attributes is his size. A former super heavyweight, the 6-foot-4 Brazilian usually cuts significant pounds to make the 265-pound heavyweight limit for his fights.

At UFC 146 on May 26, though, we may see a sleeker "Bigfoot" than the one who ragdolled Fedor Emelianenko last year.
    In Cain Velasquez, Silva will face a 249-pound foe with a significant speed advantage. So in an attempt to counter that, Silva has worked with famed nutritionist Mike Dolce.

"For first time I'm at 270 three weeks out of the fight," Silva said through an interpreter at Thursday's media teleconference. "Things are going extremely well, I'm very light and fast."

The way Silva sees it, with the bout shaping up as a style clash, slimming down will help counteract one of Velasquez's biggest strengths.

"We're diametrically opposed," said Silva. "I have jiu-jitsu and he has wrestling. I see his speed and his lightness and I'm trying to counter it."

It's been an interesting ride for Silva, the former Elite XC champion. After defeating Emelianenko in the opening round of the Strikeforce Grand Prix, he was knocked out by Daniel Cormier in the semifinals. But Silva says he hopes Cormier wins Saturday night's tournament final against Josh Barnett.

"I was disappointed [to lose to Cormier], he said. "But I'm rooting for Cormier. Barnett is a difficult fight but I'm rooting for Cormier to win."

Silva's glad with how everything panned out in the wake of the Cormier loss, though, considering he's now on one of the biggest cards of the year and has the chance to meet the former UFC champion.

"I faced three great opponents in Strikeforce, [Fabricio] Werdum, Fedor, and Arlovski, now I get the chance to face guys like Velasquez. It's a great opportunity the UFC has given me."

vCash

Default Breaking (BAD) news: Hunt out of UFC 146!!!

May 17, 2012 - Mark Hunt has been forced to pull out of his UFC 146 fight against Stefan Struve due to an undisclosed injury, MMA Fighting has learned from sources close to the fight. As a result, Struve will now face Lavar Johnson on less than two week's notice.

Johnson last fought just 12 days ago at UFC on FOX 3. He knocked out Pat Barry in the first round of their main card fight.

Hunt, a winner in his last three fights, has enjoyed a career renaissance in the UFC, so much so that there was a strong online movement to get him to replace Alistair Overeem against Junior dos Santos in the UFC 146 main event. As fate would have it, neither Overeem or Hunt will end up fighting on the card after all.

-------------------

Flink balen dit.
    Stoten van Johnson zijn ook snoeihard.
    Still, War Struve!!

vCash

Breaking (BAD) news: Hunt out of UFC 146!!!
    May 17, 2012 - Mark Hunt has been forced to pull out of his UFC 146 fight against Stefan Struve due to an undisclosed injury, MMA Fighting has learned from sources close to the fight. As a result, Struve will now face Lavar Johnson on less than two week's notice.

Johnson last fought just 12 days ago at UFC on FOX 3. He knocked out Pat Barry in the first round of their main card fight.

Hunt, a winner in his last three fights, has enjoyed a career renaissance in the UFC, so much so that there was a strong online movement to get him to replace Alistair Overeem against Junior dos Santos in the UFC 146 main event. As fate would have it, neither Overeem or Hunt will end up fighting on the card after all.

vCash

gelukkig zijn hunt en johnson allebij vechters die het gevecht staand willen houden zodat struve zijn trainingscamp dat waarschijnlijk voornamelijk standup inhield niet voor niets is geweest

WAR STRUVE!!

vCash

ik zeg Struve op sub in de 2e ronde

(na een bloedige oorlog in de eerste ronde)

vCash

Jammer voor Hunt man... die had ik veel liever zien vechten tegen Struve...
    Ik neem voor alles de tijd, maar ik heb geen affiniteit met een gast die m'n fallus en ballen berijdt, das een calamiteit! (Sticky Steez)

vCash

toch klote voor Hunt...had hem graag aan t werk gezien