zeker weten, Ronda is een leukert
    l=n?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rollermanskunk View Post
    l=n?
    yep!
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Cain Velasquez Picking Junior dos Santos to Beat Alistair Overeem at UFC 146

Though Cain Velasquez has his own fight to worry about at UFC 146, he has no trouble admitting that he’ll be keeping a close eye on the main event bout that pits challenger Alistair Overeem against current UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos. As Velasquez told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour, this is one fight where he’ll be openly rooting for the man who took his belt with a first-round knockout back in November.

"I’m hoping dos Santos wins, because I definitely would love a rematch with him," Velasquez said, adding, "I think he will. He’s an athletic guy. His boxing is really good."

Velasquez found out how effective dos Santos’ boxing was when he caught a right hand behind the ear in the first minute of their title fight at the first UFC on FOX event. Though the fight was over quickly, he still thinks he "could have attacked more," or at least done a better job of staying out of the Brazilian’s punching range.

"You learn from it," he said. "You take it to your next fight, and you don’t do it again."

As for how he thinks dos Santos matches up with the former Strikeforce heavyweight champ, Velasquez admitted it’s a tough match-up for both men.

"I think in the clinch and in the distance -- obviously the kicking range -- Overeem will have a better shot. But in the punching range, dos Santos can win the fight whenever."

According to Velasquez, there’s plenty at stake in his fight, too. UFC officials have told him that the winner of his main card bout against Frank Mir will get a crack at the UFC heavyweight title, he said. That means all he has to do is get through a fellow former champ -- one who’s on a three-fight winning streak in the UFC, no less -- and hope that dos Santos retains his title in order to set up the rematch he’s been hoping for.

But as he prepares for this fight, things haven’t exactly been harmonious back home in the American Kickboxing Academy. Though Velasquez is doing his best to stay out of it, the departure of former AKA welterweight Josh Koscheck made headlines recently, especially when he criticized AKA head trainer Javier Mendez on his way out the door, saying: "If you had real coaching, you would have seen a lot more champions out of that gym. I think that now, in my career, we're going to see big improvements really quick."

Velasquez said he’s done his best to avoid reading or hearing about the beef between Koscheck and Mendez, though he does hope the two can patch things up at some point.

"The tension is between [Koscheck] and Javier. If they have the time to sort it out, they need to. But my relationship with Javier isn’t going to change, and my relationship with Koscheck isn’t going to change. He’s still a friend of mine. ...He’s a friend of mine, and Javier’s obviously my top coach. That’s just the way it is. I don’t get involved in other people’s business."

The AKA team had a reason to pull together recently, when light heavyweight Mo Lawal was battling a serious staph infection following knee surgery in January. Lawal recounted how touched he was by the outpouring of support from his teammates, which Velasquez said is indicative of the kind of fighters AKA attracts.

"Generally, everybody in the gym is a good person, regardless of what kind of exterior they show in the media and everything else. You sit down, you talk with these guys, you train with these guys, they’re all good people."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
    Cain Velasquez Picking Junior dos Santos to Beat Alistair Overeem at UFC 146

(knip)
    Ik zag een interview met Cain, waarin hij zei dat hij dacht dat Alistair zou winnen. Alleen hoopte hij dat JDS zou winnen ivm een rematch.. Rare shit, even kijken of ik het filmpje kan vinden..
    Osu!

vCash

Heb het filmpje gevonden, maar zag net ook een ander interview waar hij het een beetje in het midden laat. Dus of het bericht is verkeerd of Cain blijft draaien... Anyway bij 1:40 zegt hij dat AO 'a better chance has on winning': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsQ1p...eature=related
    Osu!

vCash

Niet zo gek dat Cain het in het midden laat. Dit gevecht is echt een dubbeltje op zijn kant. Volgens mij gaat het echt om wie de beste dag op dat moment heeft. Bij Brock durfde ik het makkelijk te voorspellen, maar nu is het echt een kwestie van afwachten. Ik wil niet meer wachten .

vCash

IF FEAR HAS A STRANGLEHOLD ON YOUR LIFE, TURN AROUND, FACE IT...AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

vCash

Zie ook: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/ali...edown-2052009/

Het is wat mensen op sherdog opgevallen dat Alistair op elke foto staat. Resultaat: epische fotosoeps!

Voor meer: check de link. Ik moest lachen!
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-04-2012 at 22:18.

vCash

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Tering wat goed hahaha. Zit ik weer te giechelen achter mijn computertje op het werk :P

vCash

Dan is die Dana toch maar een klein mannetje op die eerste foto's
    Fighters never quit, quitters never fight!

vCash

LOL!!

vCash

Wow! Die thread op sherdog wordt steeds beter!!

vCash

M'n 3e inzending op Sherdog:

vCash

Alistair Overeem fails pre-fight drug test, likely out of UFC 146 title fight

by Steven Marrocco on Apr 04, 2012 at 4:35 pm ET
    Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is unlikely to fight champion Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the UFC heavyweight title this summer at UFC 146.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the No. 1 heavyweight contender failed a pre-fight drug test conducted this past Tuesday following a press conference for UFC 146.

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio that exeeded 10-to-1, well over the 6-to-1 limit. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

The former Strikeforce champion was among six top-billed fighters who were tested for the all-heavyweight pay-per-view event, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. All were tested for diuretics, masking agents, anabolic steroids and T/E ratios in addition to drugs of abuse.

Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva all passed their tests.

It's not the first time Overeem has run afoul of the NSAC. He was granted a conditional license to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 after missing a pre-fight drug test ordered by the commission, which reinstated out-of-competition testing this past July.

Answering to the commission via telephone during an NSAC hearing held three weeks prior to UFC 141, Overeem said he missed the test because he had flown back to his native Holland to care for his ailing mother and wasn't made aware of the obligation. When he got word, he submitted an invalid blood test conducted by his personal doctor and then submitted urine that wasn't tested.

The NSAC gave him a license on the condition that he submit to a drug test conducted by an accredited laboratory, which he did two days later (and subsequently passed), as well as pass a drug test upon arriving in the U.S. for the Lesnar fight and submit to two random tests.

This past Tuesday's test served as one of those random tests, which also followed a fight-night test at UFC 141.

Because Overeem's conditional license expired on Dec. 31, the NSAC will not receive a disciplinary complaint against him as it does for licensed athletes. Instead, he will need to appear before the commission should he choose to apply for a license, which notably, hadn't been filed for UFC 146.

With one half of May 26's event on the shelf, the UFC may give one of the main-card heavyweights an impromptu title shot.

For more on UFC 146, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

vCash

UFC 146: S*** Happens

So there I was, about an hour away from finishing this video when the news broke about Overeem's failed drug test. Nice timing Alistair... Well for those of you that wanted to see it anyway, here it is. The original main event for UFC 146, Overeem vs Dos Santos.

"Is there a fight you don't want to happen? How about a fighter that you can't stand? Send a cheque to NickTheFace and I will make a promo for the fight of your choice, thus sealing its fate and dooming it to be cancelled..."

vCash

Dana White: Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez 'Will Happen'

Frank Mir may have been the odds-on favorite to replace Alistair Overeem opposite Junior dos Santos at UFC 146, but according to UFC President Dana White, the promotion has decided to look elsewhere to solve their heavyweight dilemma.

"Mir vs. Cain (Velasquez) will happen," White revealed via Twitter early this morning, referring to UFC 146's co-main event, a No. 1 contender's match between Mir and former champion Cain Velasquez.

Mir was the first to cast his hat into the ring upon the announcement of Overeem's failed drug test, releasing a press release via his management just hours after the UFC 146 title bout was thrown into jeopardy.

"I would be excited if given the opportunity to compete for the UFC's heavyweight title at UFC 146 if the reports released earlier today regarding Alistair Overeem failing his 'A' sample drug test are true," Mir stated.

"I have been fortunate to be able to fight in the UFC for more than a decade, and it is a dream of mine to become the first three-time heavyweight champion in the UFC. Being able to fight Junior Dos Santos would put me one step closer to that dream."

Despite Mir now being removed from the table, and Fedor Emelianenko officially busy in Russia, the UFC's options remain plentiful. A fan-driven campaign for Mark Hunt to receive the title shot has generated the most momentum, as fight fans have over-flooded the UFC's various social media outlets with calls for the Samoan via the #RallyForMarkHunt hashtag.

Additionally, Fabricio Werdum and both of Strikeforce's grand prix finalists -- Josh Barnett and Daniel Cormier -- have heard their names mentioned in the discussions. However Werdum is currently slated to fight Mike Russow inside his home country of Brazil at UFC 147, and Strikeforce officials would likely be hesitant to cancel a tournament finals a year in the making.

Nevertheless, one surprise name did arise on Friday afternoon. When asked by a fan if he would be open to fighting dos Santos, 41-year-old former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson aptly responded, "For sure."

"Hendo" fought at heavyweight just once in his professional career, defeating Emelianenko via first-round TKO back in July of 2011. He tipped the scales at 207 pounds for the match-up. Henderson is currently scheduled to receive the next available title shot at middleweight or light heavyweight after edging Shogun Rua in UFC 139's legendary main event.

vCash

HAHAHAHAHA

100% BAD ASS #elBastardoStyle

vCash

Ik kan me nog herrineren dat henderson graag wou vechten binnenkort maar niet tegen machida en alleen tegen een champ maar Sonnen en Evans kregen de titleshots en waarom niet dan maar voor de HW. hij vocht er nog niet zo gek lang geleden nog op en aangezien Mir vs Velasquez 100% doorgaat zou ik niet weten wie anders!!

vCash

Mark Hunt Rallies 'Army of Doom' in Quest for UFC 146 Title Shot

The UFC has always prided itself on keeping its ear to the pulse of the fans. In the coming weeks, we're about to see just how far that dedication goes.
    Following the announcement of Alistair Overeem's failed drug test, a new surprise candidate for UFC 146's title shot has emerged. Led by a burgeoning #RallyForMarkHunt crusade that shows no sign of slowing, former K-1 champion Mark Hunt and his ‘Army of Doom' have besieged the MMA community, bombing the social networks of Dana White, Lorenzo Feritta, and anyone else with a say in the UFC's decision making process, in the hopes of awarding "Super Samoan" a shot at the UFC heavyweight strap.

"That's what the army does. They terrorize," Hunt laughed on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "It's an honor for me to have such loyal fans. It's great. I feel like I'm very appreciated."

Initially awarded a UFC fight against Sean McCorkle because of a unsettled contract formality, Hunt's entrance to the Octagon was less than glorious. But he has since thundered through a stunning three-fight win streak, which was violently punctuated by a first-round knockout over Cheick Kongo at UFC 144.

Now what was first just a pipe dream, has become a very real discussion, and Hunt is just as surprised as anybody.
    "I think people like to see an underdog in there," he said with a chuckle. "I wasn't even wanted in the UFC, put it that way. And here we are talking about me having a title shot. Two years ago you'd have laughed at the thought. I think people like to see a good Rocky story."

While not knowing which opponent to prepare for would be an uncomfortable spot for most fighters, Hunt has never been much of a stickler for the details. And after hitting one of a largest waves of momentum and popularity of his professional career at the spry age of 38, he's having too much fun right now to not enjoy the ride.

So regardless of the outcome, Hunt is sure about one thing -- he's going to work on May 26, 2012. Whether it's against Junior dos Santos or Stefan Struve is irrelevant until those cage doors swing shut.

"I just train to make myself better. I don't really care about the opponent that I'm fighting," Hunt mused.

"I match-up good against anyone, so of course I feel like I match-up good against (dos Santos). The people that think I don't have a chance against anybody on this planet, they are certainly mistaken. But it's good to be underestimated. I like to be the underdog. (People say) I don't have a chance. That's great, it gives me more drive, more fire."

Not surprisingly, Hunt's easy-going outlook also extends to the subject that started this entire debate. As the conversation turns to Overeem's failed 14:1 drug test and the growing TRT discussion in MMA, the Samoan's words drip with a comical mixture of confidence and indifference.

"Honestly I don't give a damn if they're on drugs or not," Hunt proclaimed. "I'll knock their head off. At the end of the day, those steroids ain't going to help them when I hit them."

Of course Hunt, along with the rest of the UFC's heavyweight division, will likely be caught in limbo until Overeem's NSAC hearing can take place on April 24. But in the meantime, his message to his devoted network of supporters is simple.
    "Thanks to the Army of Doom. Keeping bombing away."

vCash

Lol wat een geweldige fotoshops, lig hier echt dubbel haaha!

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
    nou ja hij heeft in ieder geval nog geen bloemkool oren