MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash

Over Stefan:
    Hij begint groot te worden 122 kilo, doet hij netjes.
    Hij mag dan misschien wel een slow-starter zijn, hij finishd zijn gevechten wel altijd, maar 1x tot decision.
    Sterk interview; zoals we Stefan kennen, rustig en beheerst zonder priet-praat netjes zijn verhaal doen.
    Charismatische kerel.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Cain Velasquez Says He'd Have No Problem With Frank Mir Fighting Junior Dos Santos

There's little more than one month to go until UFC 146, but the show's main event is still in flux. We do know that heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos is fighting; what we don't know is who will be standing across from him at the opening horn.

If Alistair Overeem can convince the Nevada state athletic commission of a legitimate reason his testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio was high following a recent drug test, he'll keep his spot as the challenger, but if not, it still appears that Frank Mir is the frontrunner to replace.

You would think that might not sit well with former champ Cain Velasquez, who lost to Dos Santos by knockout in his last fight, but if it happens, he's perfectly fine with it.
    "I definitely think that's fair," Velasquez said on Thursday from the site of UFC 145. "He's off a three-fight winning streak, and dos Santos beat me fair and square. I'm definitely mad about mine, but I know with one more fight, I'll be in the same position. If that did come up, then yeah, I'd be fine with that."

Velasquez couldn't be blamed if he thought differently. Since the fight, it was confirmed that he was injured in the lead-up to the fight. Like any champion, he'd like the chance to avenge the loss while at full strength, but is willing to get a win and wait his turn to do so.

The UFC previously confirmed that the Velasquez-Mir winner would have the opportunity to fight for the championship, but we won't know for at least a few more days whether or not that fight will transpire.

As for Velasquez, he is going on the assumption that it will. And if it doesn't, he'll be ready for whatever the UFC throws at him with an end goal in mind.

"As far as we know right now, it's Frank, so that's what I'm getting ready for," he said. "But if it turned out to be different, it didn't matter who it'd be, as long as it's one more to get in that same position, to fight for the heavyweight title."
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by arielhelwani View Post
    Overeem gaat te kort komen tegen zon complete vechter als Dos Santos
    Ik denk dat het toch best spannend kan worden hoor zet me geld toch in op overeem wacht maar als jds in de clinch zit

vCash

Junior dos Santos to now fight Frank Mir for Heavyweight title
    Source: twitter.com
    Apr 21, 2012 12:10 AM EST
    Almost three weeks ago it was revealed that Alistair Overeem had tested positive for an elevated testosterone to epitestosterone ratio and subsequently would have to go before the Nevada Satate Athletic Commission.
    Most expected an immediate reaction from the often out-spoken President of the UFC Dana White, but he had remained mostly quiet about the subject until tonight, announcing that Overeem was out and Mir was in:
    Taking off to Atlanta!!!! May 26 th is now Mir vs JDS for the HW title in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.
    read official Twitter...
    ©2012 Mixed Martial Arts llc.
    Developed in partnership with Adept Mobile

vCash

Frank Mir Replaces Alistair Overeem Against Junior dos Santos at UFC 146

Frank Mir has officially replaced Alistair Overeem in the main event of UFC 146, according to UFC President Dana White.Mir is now slated to fight UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos on May 26, 2012, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV.

White tweeted out the news late Friday night.

Mir's original opponent, Cain Velasquez, will remain on the card, however a replacement opponent has yet to be decided, Velasquez's manager Bob Cook told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani.

Overeem's status was thrown into jeopardy earlier this month when the former Strikeforce champion failed a random pre-fight drug test, resulting in a 14:1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio that was well above Nevada's 6:1 limit.

Overeem is currently scheduled to plead his case in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday. The fighter's manager, Glenn Robinson, recently stated that Overeem had a reasonable explanation for the failed test.

Frank Mir (16-5) rides a three-fight win streak into the title bout, counting victories over Mirko Filipovic, Roy Nelson and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

vCash

damn
    nu toch gerekend op overeem
    zou hij als 'straf' dan eventueel alsnog vechten maar dan tegen cain?!

vCash

oh nee die vecht tegen Silva
    tering
    zwaar klote

vCash

misschien als alistair toch uiteindelijk zijn lecentie krijgt dat hij dan als vervanger van mir tegen valesquez moet ...?

vCash

At the post fight press con, UFC*President Dana White suggested Rothwell could fight Cain Velasquez at UFC 146 on May 26.

Van ufc 145
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Travis Browne is ook een optie.

vCash

Cain Velasquez to Meet Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva at UFC 146

The UFC 146 dominoes continue to fall following Friday night's announcement that Frank Mir, not Alistair Overeem, would fight Junior dos Santos for the heavyweight title at UFC 146.

On Sunday, UFC president Dana White announced via Twitter that Cain Velasquez, Frank Mir's original opponent, will now meet Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva on May 26. White did not say who Roy Nelson, Silva's original opponent, will now face, but "Big Country" is expected to remain on the Memorial Day card.

This fight will mark Silva's UFC debut and his first fight since getting knocked out by Daniel Cormier in Strikeforce last September. Velasquez hasn't fought since losing his heavyweight title to Junior dos Santos last November at UFC on FOX 1.A candidate that has been talked about as a potential opponent for Nelson has been Ben Rothwell, who knocked out Brendan Schaub Saturday night at UFC 145, however his manager Monte Cox told MMAFighting.com Sunday night that they have not been offered a fight against Nelson.

As for Overeem, he has yet to fully address why his testosterone to epitestosterone ratio came back at an above-limit 14:1 following a March 27 drug test in Las Vegas. and he hasn't said anything since Friday's announcement that he would not be fighting dos Santos after all. According to a source close to Overeem's camp, the heavyweight is expected to release a written statement tomorrow morning at approximately 9 a.m. ET. to explain the situation from his perspective.

As of Sunday night, Overeem is still scheduled to meet with the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday to explain his side of the story. He can choose to withdraw his license application now that he isn't scheduled to fight anymore, however, the NSAC would have to accept his withdrawal. Overeem could be sidelined for a year if the NSAC decides against granting him a license on Tuesday.

UFC 146's main card will air live on pay-per-view from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

vCash

Dit kan Bigfoot nooit winnen

vCash

Ik ga maar weer eens geld inzetten op de partijen, het is nu vrij duidelijk wat de uitkomst gaat zijn. Bigfoot wint dit niet, en Mir denk ik ook niet. Wel jammer, hoewel ik er nog steeds naar uitkijk, is het toch wel redelijk verziekt zo.

vCash

Default Cain Valesquez will face Bigfoot Silva

Dit is dus officeel en uit de mond van Dana White. Alistair is volledig buitenspel gezet.

vCash

JEEZ, wordt er niet beter op. Dus na morgen weten we of AO uberhaupt nog voor de UFC zal vechten??
    MORAALRIDDER 1st klas - "Behandel anderen zoals je door hen behandeld wil worden"

vCash

Als je Dana White zo hoort lijkt het er bijna op dat hij zijn beslissing al heeft genomen en Alistair niet meer in de UFC zal vechten... Blijft ook wel weer erg stil vanuit het kamp van Overeem; had wel verwacht dat zij met een verklaring zouden komen. Ben benieuwd wat er na morgen gebeurt.

@Struve: succes tegen Hunt! Zou erg mooi zijn als je weet te winnen, dan maak je toch een flinke stap in HW divisie.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Als je Dana White zo hoort lijkt het er bijna op dat hij zijn beslissing al heeft genomen en Alistair niet meer in de UFC zal vechten...
    Dit zou voor Alistair het meest gunstige scenario zijn, hoe gek het ook klinkt. Maar denk niet dat de UFC hem zo maar gaat ontslaan. Hij heeft een hoop tekengeld gekregen, een behoorlijk bedrag voor zijn partij tegen Lesnar én een kans op de titel. Dat hij nu betrapt is zijn eigen schuld maar ondertussen heeft hij wel een contract voor 3 jaar. De UFC beloont hem echt niet door hem te ontslaan en elders te laten vechten. Dana heeft al gezegd dat als ie geschorst wordt hij ook niet in een andere staat of land op de fightcard wordt gezet. Hij moet gewoon zijn straf uitzitten met alle gevolgen van dien.

Met andere woorden: ben benieuwd wat er morgen besproken gaat worden, maar dat het er niet goed uit ziet voor Overeem, dat weet ik wel zeker!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adenane View Post
    Dit zou voor Alistair het meest gunstige scenario zijn, hoe gek het ook klinkt. Maar denk niet dat de UFC hem zo maar gaat ontslaan. Hij heeft een hoop tekengeld gekregen, een behoorlijk bedrag voor zijn partij tegen Lesnar én een kans op de titel. Dat hij nu betrapt is zijn eigen schuld maar ondertussen heeft hij wel een contract voor 3 jaar. De UFC beloont hem echt niet door hem te ontslaan en elders te laten vechten. Dana heeft al gezegd dat als ie geschorst wordt hij ook niet in een andere staat of land op de fightcard wordt gezet. Hij moet gewoon zijn straf uitzitten met alle gevolgen van dien.

Met andere woorden: ben benieuwd wat er morgen besproken gaat worden, maar dat het er niet goed uit ziet voor Overeem, dat weet ik wel zeker!
    x2

vCash

Alistair Overeem Explains Why He Failed Pre-UFC 146 Drug Test

By Ariel Helwani - Video Reporter and Writer
    Follow @MMAFighting on Twitter, and Like MMA Fighting on Facebook.
    Apr 23, 2012 - Alistair Overeem has broken his silence for the first time since the Nevada State Athletic Commission announced earlier this month that he failed a pre-UFC 146 drug test.

Overeem, who was scheduled to meet Junior dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight title next month until the promotion replaced him with Frank Mir, issued a written statement explaining why his testosterone to epitestosterone ratio came back at an above-limit 14:1. The NSAC's T/E ratio limit is 6:1.

In the statement, Overeem announced that he has withdrawn his NSAC license application and explained why his T/E ratio was so high. You can read the full statement below.
    To my friends and fans,

I am deeply saddened to announce that on Friday, April 20, I respectfully withdrew from the May 26 event so that I can request a continuance until my situation with the Nevada State Athletic Commission is resolved.

I cannot express how sorry I am to the Commission, Junior Dos Santos, the fans, the owners and employees of the UFC, my friends and family and anyone else who this has affected.

I absolutely do not believe in, nor do I use performance-enhancing drugs. I am a clean fighter and I will do whatever it takes to prove this to everyone.

Prior to the UFC 146 press conference in March, I aggravated an old rib injury on my left side. My doctor prescribed, and I accepted, an anti-inflammatory medication that was mixed with testosterone. I was completely unaware that testosterone was one of the ingredients in the medication. Although I was unaware, I do realize it is my job to know what I am putting into my body.

I respect the Nevada Commissioners and Executive Director Keith Kizer and what they are doing to keep
    the sport of mixed martial arts regulated and safe for athletes. I look forward to working with them in the days and weeks ahead.

Friends and fans, I ask for your patience as I work through this matter. Please support me. I promise to return to the Octagon soon.

Read More: Junior dos Santos (MMA), Frank Mir (MMA), Alistair Overeem (MMA), UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir
    Follow @MMAFighting on Twitter, and Like MMA Fighting on Facebook.

vCash

vCash

Default Gabriel Gonzaga vs Roy Nelson!!

Net een tweet van Dana

Dana White:
    Roy Nelson vs Gabe Gonzaga.

vCash

Mooi, dan heeft roy ook een tegenstander nu. Stond gonzaga al hiervoor op de ufc 146 card?
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Nope! Dit word een knal partij!

vCash

Roy z'n kin wordt in elk geval weer flink getest.

vCash

Gonzaga stond wel op deze card. Hij moest het tegen Shane del Rosario opnemen. Ex-Strikeforce. En voor Shane wordt het nu waarschijnlijk Browne of Rothwell.
    "Stay hungry, stay foolish" -Steve Jobs