Main Card

Rashad Evans def. Phil Davis via unanimous decision
    Chael Sonnen def. Michael Bisping via unanimous decision
    Chris Weidman def. Demian Maia via unanimous decision

Preliminary card (Fuel TV)

Evan Dunham def. Nik Lentz via second-round TKO
    Mike Russow def. Jon Olav Einemo via unanimous decision
    Cub Swanson def. George Roop via second-round TKO
    Charles Oliveira def. Eric Wisely via submission (calf-crusher)
    Michael Johnson def. Shane Roller via unanimous decisionLavar Johnson def. Joey Beltran via first-round KO
    Chris Camozzi def. Dustin Jacoby via submission (guillotine choke)

*Johnny Bedford vs. Mitch Gagnon fight canceled over Gagnon's visa issues. Bedford will get his show money.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Chael Sonnen Thinks Michael Bisping Could Beat Anderson Silva

For colorful personalities such as Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping, trash-talk between the two middleweights has been uncharacteristically almost non-existent.

On Saturday at UFC on FOX 2, their hard-fought, three-round decision only reinforced their mutual respect. In fact, Sonnen thinks even more highly of Bisping now than ever.

"I can assure you -- Having fought [Bisping] and the alleged champion, he could win the title today if they gave him the opportunity," Sonnen said at the press conference.

With Sonnen, it's difficult to tell if he honestly believes that or if it's another opportunity to take a shot at Silva. Because despite winning his No. 1 contender bout by unanimous decision, Sonnen still maintains he's unsure if a championship bout with Silva will happen. According to Sonnen, it's up to Silva to sign on the dotted line.

"Do I think he'll sign to fight? No, I don't," Sonnen said. "We'll see. I've been wrong before."

Sonnen curiously made no mention of Silva in his post-fight interview with announcer Joe Rogan. Rather than aggressively call out Silva like he did in his previous win over Brian Stann, could this be Sonnen's passive-aggressive approach to making the fight happen?

"I can tell you this -- I have never backed down and I never will," he continued. "If he wants to fight and is willing to, I will do my part. But this isn't my goal to help lure him out. I talk like this not to talk about Anderson. I rather talk about real men like Mr. Bisping who steps in on 10 days notice and fights me. Those are the kind of guys I want to give media attention to. Not some bum hiding in Brazil."

If Silva-Sonnen 2 happens, it will likely take place this summer in Brazil. For all the shots that Sonnen have fired against Silva and Brazilians in general, there are some concerns of Sonnen's safety in that country. Sonnen, though, doesn't seem to be worried.

"If those blow-hards (in Brazil) with their blow darts, want to come for me, tthey can send anyone they want," Sonnen said. "But don't send anyone they want back."

vCash

Chris Weidman Beats Demian Maia

Chris Weidman is still undefeated, and he has just earned the biggest win of his MMA career on the biggest stage.

Weidman, who accepted his fight with Demian Maia on UFC on Fox 2 on just 11 days' notice, came through with a split decision victory, improving his record to 8-0. Two judges scored the fight 29-28 for Weidman, while one scored it 29-28 Maia.

CORRECTION: Weidman won a unanimous decision. Bruce Buffer read scores incorrectly.

The win was big for Weidman, but it was not a particularly good fight: Both men seemed tired and tentative, and the crowd booed through long stretches of it.

Weidman briefly knocked Maia down in the early going and seemed fairly comfortable standing up, and with a minute to go in the first round he surprisingly took Maia down. Maia quickly got back to his feet, but it had to be a big confidence boost for Weidman that he could go to the ground with Maia and not find himself in any trouble.

Early in the second round Weidman took Maia down again, and again they didn't stay down long but Weidman found himself none the worse for wear once they stood back up. By the midway point of the second round the crowd started booing, as neither fighter was taking a lot of chances standing up. Maia started landing combinations late in the second and appeared close to winning the round, but at the end Weidman executed an impressive takedown and may have done enough to take the second.

There was more booing in the third, as both men looked exhausted and out of gas and it turned into a sloppy kickboxing match. The Chicago crowd that had loudly cheered throughout the preliminary fights gave thumbs-down to both Maia and Weidman as the fight ended. That wasn't the way the UFC and Fox wanted to kick off Saturday night's televised card.

vCash

Rashad Evans Beats Phil Davis in UFC on Fox 2 Main Event

Rashad Evans out-slugged Phil Davis for 25 minutes to win a unanimous decision in the main event of Saturday night's UFC on Fox 2 show.

With the win, Evans will earn a UFC light heavyweight title shot against Jon Jones, and Evans said afterward that he is uninjured and will be ready for that fight in April.

The fight wasn't the kind of barn-burner that the UFC and Fox were surely hoping for, and many in the crowd at the United Center booed as the event drew to a close. But it was the win Evans needed to get another crack at the title. All three judges gave all five rounds to Evans.

"I fought at a pretty high pace but I felt like I wanted to put it away and just didn't get the chance," Evans said. "I'm kind of disappointed by that."

Evans said the fight with Jones is the fight he's focused on.

"It was hard to focus on this fight because everybody kept talking about that fight," Evans said. "Now I get an opportunity to fight Jon and I'm very excited about that."

Davis said at the post-fight press conference that he was disappointed he failed in the biggest fight of his career.

"He's a good fighter," Davis said of Evans. "I just couldn't score the points I needed to in the clutch positions."

Davis employed some powerful leg kicks in the early going and seemed to be using his reach to get the better of the stand-up exchanges. However, with a little over a minute to go in the round, Evans took Davis down and then transitioned into side control, where he battered Davis's head on the ground. That was enough to win the first round for Evans.

The second round was slow most of the way until, with only 30 seconds left, Davis threw a kick that Evans caught, and Evans once again took Davis down and got into side control. Evans didn't do as much on the ground at the end of the second as he had at the end of the first, but given how little action there was before that, it was probably enough for Evans to win the round again.

Early in the third Davis attempted a takedown, but Evans sprawled and managed to end up on top of Davis, and even briefly took his back before they stood back up. Evans then got the better of an exchange of punches, and although Davis was finally able to get Evans back down after that, he couldn't do anything on the ground, and Evans won yet another round.

Davis landed a hard body kick that made a sound like the crack of a bat early in the fourth round, but there wasn't much significant striking in the round after that. Both Evans and Davis were tiring out and not getting much done as the fourth went on.

Early in the fifth Davis threw a kick that Evans caught with one hand while hitting Davis with the other, and he knocked Davis down and got on top of him. Evans played it safe for the rest of the round, knowing he had won. And knowing he's got Jones next.

vCash

The following fighters were awarded $65,000 bounses.

Fight of the Night:
    Evan Dunham vs. Nik Lentz
    Knockout of the Night: Lavar Johnson
    Submission of the Night: Charles Oliveira

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Evans deed het goed. Minder lay 'n pray dan vroeger. Betere standup. Jammer dat ze het niet over Tyrone, Hardonk en de Dutch connection hadden.

vCash

Rogan was blijkbaar voor Bisping.

vCash

Ik vond dat Bisping had gewonnen. Maar iedereen wil natuurlijk Silva vs Sonnen zien. Hij had de voordeel van de twijfel daarom. OOH wel still gonna be exciting!!!!!

vCash

Jammer voor Einemo. Heeft op deze manier helaas niet veel te zoeken in de UFC.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Riga View Post
    Ik vond dat Bisping had gewonnen. Maar iedereen wil natuurlijk Silva vs Sonnen zien. Hij had de voordeel van de twijfel daarom. OOH wel still gonna be exciting!!!!!
    Zelfs Sonnen dacht dat hij had verloren
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=ylcE7m0SbNQ#!

vCash

ik vond dat bisping het zeker goed deed, maar Sonnen heeft toch overduidelijk gewonnen. De enige reden waarom de meeste denken dat Bisping had gewonnen was omdat Joe Rogan dat voor de een of ander reden zei

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by marcelt View Post
    Evans deed het goed. Minder lay 'n pray dan vroeger. Betere standup. Jammer dat ze het niet over Tyrone, Hardonk en de Dutch connection hadden.
    Goldberg heeft Spong zijn naam nog genoemd tijdens het gevecht. Verder was het een saaie main-card met veel vechters die gassed waren.

vCash

Wie zegt dat Bisping gewonnen heeft is gewoon blind. En die dombo van een Joe Rogan is steeds meer een mongool aan het worden. Blijkaar doet die marijuana hem niet veel goeds.

En Sonnen VOND niet dat Bisping had gewoonen, maar hij zei het kon beide kanten op. En de enige reden dat ie dat zei is omdat hij had verwacht dat hij Bisping helemaal zou afmaken, tot hij tegenstand kreeg. Dan denk je meteen negatiever over jouw performance.