MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

Carlos Condit Wanted Nick Diaz Rematch All Along

Interim UFC welterweight champion Carlos Condit refuted Monday a recent claim from the "Diaz Brothers" Twitter account that he accepted a rematch against Nick Diaz only after learning of Diaz’s drug test failure.

On the contrary, Condit, speaking to host Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour, said he’s disappointed that Diaz tested positive for marijuana following their UFC 143 fight since it jeopardizes a potential rematch. Condit on the night of the fight felt he dominated and won a well-deserved decision. But after watching it on tape, he reconsidered that the fight could have gone either way and since it was so close, "I was looking forward to doing it again."

Condit recalls receiving a phone call Tuesday morning from UFC president Dana White.

"We talked about a rematch," Condit said. "It’s a fight a lot of people want to see. And I agreed with him. After the criticism and flack I took, I was motivated to shut people up." Condit told White he'd "love" a rematch, but received another phone call that evening from White, this time informing him of Diaz's drug test failure.

Feedback from the fight has been across the board and Condit admits he's new to the criticism, as he feels he usually wins over the crowd by the end of the night.
    "Whether you’re a fan of my opponent or a fan of me, after the fight, I’m a fan favorite," he said.

After heavy promotion for an exciting finish, Condit won by unanimous decision, the second time in his 28 wins where he did not finish with a (T)KO or a submission. He acknowledges he might have won some fans at UFC 143, but also lost some fans as well.
    Condit said he's proud of the way he implemented the gameplan of constant movement to avoid wild exchanges with Diaz.

"I thought I fought a damn good fight," he said.

It remains uncertain the extent Diaz will be disciplined. But if Diaz is available to fight and if Georges St-Pierre takes longer to recover than anticipated, Condit's up for another five rounds with the former Strikeforce champ.

"I’m in this game to fight big fights and to fight the best in the world," Condit said. "Nick’s one of the best in the world. It’s something the fans would like to see. I’m willing to give Nick a rematch."
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Watn keutel! Lekker makkelijk om dat nu te gaan roepen! Condit heeft he le maal niks aan die rematch. Heeft alleen maar te verliezen, dus waarom zou hij dat doen?!

100% BAD ASS #elBastardoStyle

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by el bastardo View Post
    Watn keutel! Lekker makkelijk om dat nu te gaan roepen! Condit heeft he le maal niks aan die rematch. Heeft alleen maar te verliezen, dus waarom zou hij dat doen?!
    Condit was the natural born killer en nu is hij run condit run. Hij heeft weliswaar de winst maar voor de hele wereld heeft hij gewoon verloren. Hij wil dat wel even rechtzetten denk ik.