Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

al meer bekend?
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

RIP ....groot verlies

vCash

officieel bevestigd door familie en oud trainer.

The Passing of Mike Barnardo

On behalf of the family of Mike Barnardo I would like officially announce his passing on the morning of 14th of February 2012 at his home in Muizenberg Cape Town.

A very special thanks to Mr Ishii from K1 Japan, Fuji Television, Joe Mellilo, his friends and K1 fans in Japan and all over the world. The times Mike spent fighting in Japan were undoubtedly the happiest moments in his life.

Mike was very grateful for the opportunity Mr Ishii granted him as an unknown fighter from South Africa and with the K1 platform he became world renown and respected fighter. Mr Ishii took a personal interest in Mike spending hours with him in the gym working on his kicking and blocking technique, Mr Ishii instilled the Japanese fighting spirit in Mike and for this he was always grateful and honoured. Mike fell in love with Japan and its people and was hearted by the way K1 fans adopted him as one of their own, being more famous and loved there than in his own country. A great personal highlight for him was visiting the grave of Japanese Samurai Musashi.

After Mike’s fighting career he studied and qualified as a clinical psychologist and had a practice in Lakeside Cape Town where he offered trauma and addiction counseling with troubled youth. He also started a promotional company with his old trainer Steve Kalakoda called "BOMA-YE All African Mixed Martial Arts" www.boma-ye.net which created a platform for young up and coming African fighters. He was always passionate about creating opportunities for younger fighters and would inspire them to follow their dreams.

The last two years of Mike’s life he battled deep depression and anxiety.

On the 14 February 2012, Mike took his own life at his home in Muizenberg. His remains were found by his family in his apartment shortly after his passing.

Rest in Peace Beru-Chan

Steve Kalakoda

vCash

RIP.
    The Outsiders!! J-MMA #1

vCash

Branko Cikatic :
    http://www.tportal.hr/sport/ostalisp...e-bolesti.html

"Off course I am shocked, but I must admit I am not surprised. I know he was depressed. Some people close to him (friends and trainers) told me that he had AIDS and that he didn't communicate with anyone lately. He ended his sport career after he found out about the disease. Obviously it was a hard thing for him."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by onne1983 View Post
    Branko Cikatic :
    http://www.tportal.hr/sport/ostalisp...e-bolesti.html

"Off course I am shocked, but I must admit I am not surprised. I know he was depressed. Some people close to him (friends and trainers) told me that he had AIDS and that he didn't communicate with anyone lately. He ended his sport career after he found out about the disease. Obviously it was a hard thing for him."
    damn als dat zo is, begrijp ik hem wel. damn