MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash

Default UFC 144: Frankie Edgar vs. Benson Henderson in Japan;26 Feb 2012

'Rampage' Jackson Meets Ryan Bader at UFC 144 in Japan

Quinton Jackson is headed back to Japan.

After campaigning for a spot on the UFC 144 card immediately after his loss to Jon Jones in September, the UFC has granted Jackson's wish of fighting in the Land of the Rising Sun. Jackson (32-9) has agreed to meet Ryan Bader (13-2) on the Feb. 26 card at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta confirmed the news with ESPN.com on Thursday.

Amazingly, when Jackson meets Bader at UFC 144, it will mark exactly six years since his last fight in Japan. On Feb. 26, 2006, "Rampage" defeated Yoon Dong-Sik via unanimous decision at PRIDE 31. In total, the former PRIDE star competed in 20 MMA/kickboxing fights in Japan.

The 33-year-old Jackson is 2-2 in his last four fights. He had won two in a row before losing to Jones in a UFC light heavyweight title fight at UFC 135.

Bader, 28, snapped his two-fight losing streak last weekend at UFC 139 when he knocked out Jason Brilz in the first round. Prior to that win, Bader had lost to Jon Jones and Tito Ortiz in 2011.

UFC 144 will mark the organization's first event in Japan since Dec. 2000. The main event will feature Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson for the UFC lightweight title.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Vette match up; beide goede worstelaars met knockout power in hun vuisten.
    Aoki - Hellboy - Gomi - Diaz Bros - GSP - Sonnen - Barnett

vCash

Warrr Rampage

leuk voor hem dattie weer eens in Japan aan de bak kan onder de UFC vlag, hij is daar natuurlijk helemaal koning, ik heb der zin an!

Misschien ook wel goed om het Amerikaanse puubliek eens te laten zien hoe een vechtsport minnend publiek zich behoort te gedragen!
    “The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy”
    -Charles de Montesquieu

vCash

Leuke match up maar dit zal denk ik Rampage wel kunnen hebben. Staand/Boksend is Rampage veel beter dan Ryan Bader en ik denk niet dat Bader hem naar de grond kan brengen. Tenzij Bader een hele goede gameplan heeft denk ik dat rampage wint via tko in de tweede ronde.
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Prima matchup. Shogun was iets beter geweest, maar die ligt in de kreukels.

vCash

Wanderlei vs sexyama in Japan zou wel leuk zijn.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by alex026 View Post

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    Wanderlei vs sexyama in Japan zou wel leuk zijn.
    Sexyama vecht tegen Jake Shields in Japan

vCash

Ben Henderson plans eventual move to welterweight

Ben Henderson will challenge Frankie Edgar for his lightweight championship in the main event of UFC 144 on Feb. 26, 2012, at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

If he wins, the plan is to defend the belt for as long as possible, of course. But either way, "Bendo" has bigger plans for his future.

The "Smooth" one wants to fight at welterweight ... eventually.

You knew it would happen sooner or later. After all, Henderson usually disrobes before he even tries to weigh in for the first time. That's how difficult it is for him to hit the 155-pound weight limit and as he gets older, it's only going to get harder.

Which is why he hopes his speed and technique can give him an edge in a division he doesn't have to cut weight for (via MMA Weekly):

"It is hard on the body. People don't realize how much of a factor it is. Thankfully, I hired a nutritionist, Travis Jeffries, full time and been a little bit smarter about it. As I get older, I eat healthier, try to eat the right things, make all these little sacrifices that it takes to be a champion. Hopefully, eventually my technique catches up where I can hang with guys that are freaking 20 pounds heavier than me, and use more of my speed when they're bigger and slower, and my technique makes up for them being stronger than me."
    When discussing a move up to welterweight, Henderson references another UFC fighter with his namesake, Dan Henderson, who has made it clear he can fight at both middleweight and light heavyweight but prefers the 205-pound division.

Because, again, cutting weight sucks.

"Hendo" is a veritable title challenger in both divisions, though, as opposed to "Bendo," who has never actually competed at 170-pounds. And first-timers like him will quickly learn, the pool is deep and filled with sharks.

vCash

Bouts in the works include:
    • Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson
    • Quinton Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
    • Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
    • Cheick Kongo vs. Mark Hunt
    • Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso
    • Steve Cantwell vs. Riki Fukuda
    Announced bouts

The following fights have been confirmed by UFC.com, but not yet added to the Official Fight Card.
    • Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
    • Welterweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
    • Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon

vCash

Default Nieuws: UFC 144 "Cheick Kongo vs Mark Hunt"

Een zwaargewicht clash in het land van de rijzende zon werd door de MMA vechter Cheick Kongo aangekondigd. Hij beweert dat hij tegen Mark ‘Super Samoan’ Hunt zal vechten. Kongo meldde het nieuws aan zijn fans via Twitter:
    Ja, het is officieel nu. Ik ga op het UFC 144 in Japan tegen Mark Hunt vechten. Het zal mijn eerste keer in Japan zijn. Ik ben dus heel blij en trots dat ik er deel van mag uitmaken.
    Vindt plaats op 26 februari 2012.
    "I'm going to make you pay for what you've done."
    “Logica brengt je van A naar B, fantasie brengt je overal.”

vCash

Dit kan een mooie partij worden. Jammer dat Stefan Struve niet tegen Hunt staat had dat graag gezien.

vCash

Hunt gaat hem helemaal slopen!!! Wat hunt!!!

vCash

Struve tegen Werdum dan maar?

vCash

Denk dat HUnt degene is die gesloopt gaat worden.

vCash

UFC 144 Fight Card: Edgar vs. Henderson

The entire UFC 144 fight card has been announced for the promotion's return to Japan on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012 at the Saitama Super Arena in Japan.

In the main event, lightweight champion Frankie Edgar will defend his belt against former WEC champ Ben Henderson.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, who last fought in Japan exactly six years removed from UFC 144, returns to the Land of the Rising Sun to face TUF 8 winner Ryan Bader.

Out of the 12 bouts scheduled for the card, seven of the competitors are Japanese. Check out the complete UFC 144 fight card below.

UFC 144 will air live in North America on pay-per-view at 10 p.m. ET.

Pay-Per-View Bouts
    Frankie Edgar vs. Benson Henderson
    Rampage Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
    Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
    Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon

Preliminary Bouts
    Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
    Takanori Gomi vs. George Sotiropoulos
    Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
    Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto vs. Vaughan Lee
    Riki Fukuda vs. Steve Cantwell
    Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso
    Leonard Garcia vs. Tiequan Zhang

vCash

Rampage Jackson Excited to Perform In Front of 'Favorite' Fans in Japan at UFC 144

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is very, very excited to to fight in Japan. All you have to do is ask him.

In a Monday morning press conference in the Land of the Rising Sun, Jackson told the Japanese media that it took some effort on his part to ensure his place on the UFC 144 card, and that he finally had his request granted after a non-stop, one-man campaign.

"I had to fight and complain and b---- to my manager," he said. "Now I think the representatives of UFC are upset with me a little bit ... But ask me, do I care?"

For Jackson, any amount of trouble was worth it because of his love of Japanese audiences, who in his opinion value effort above results, a seismic shift from American audiences.

Jackson, who will face Ryan Bader in the co-main event on February 26 in Saitama, Japan, is no stranger to Nipponese culture. From 2001 to 2006, he fought there 18 times while under the PRIDE promotion.

"Back when I was fighting here, I had so much energy," he said. "I just wanted to put on a good show for the fans because all the energy they give. In America, you're under so much pressure to win at all costs because the fans talk s--- to you if you lose even if it's a good, exciting fight. In Japan, it's just a different energy. Who knows? Maybe I'll take more chances and not care because it's all about the crowd. I react to the crowd. I don't care about the people watching on TV."

It was in Japan where he authored some of his most memorable career moments, including the often-replayed powerbomb knockout win over Ricardo Arona in June 2004. That fight holds particular significance to Jackson because it took place on his 26th birthday.

It was also in Japan where Jackson became renowned for his slams, a particular favorite of the Japanese crowds who enjoyed his aggressive, improvisational style. In a rare bit of public introspection, Jackson noted that since signing with the UFC though, his game has gotten standup-heavy at times.

"Actually my standup has evolved a lot since I last fought here, but at the same time that's what's gotten me in trouble a lot lately," he said. "Everyone sees me boxing a lot more, so they're creating great game plans to counter my boxing. In Japan, I used to slam a lot and put on more of a show because the energy from the fans gave me power and I don't feel the same energy in the US. So, I can't honestly say I improved or evolved in a good way since leaving Japan."

But in some ways, that doesn't matter to Jackson right now, because he's only concerned about entertainment value. One new wrinkle the fighters will have to prepare for is fighting early in the morning. While most fights take place late Saturday night, this event will occur in the morning in Japan in order to sync up with American TV viewing habits.

Jackson noted that as a youth, he was in plenty of fights that came unexpectedly, and he has the time to plan for an early morning peak. He also said that the hardest part of fight day is usually the anticipation of what is to come, and that competing early in the day would cancel out much of that nervous energy.

Beyond that, he said that the biggest obstacle in his way is Bader, and more specifically, making sure he and his opponent understand the collective mind set of Japanese fans.

"The only thing that matters when he steps in the cage in Japan is that he comes in to put on an exciting show," he said. "I'm all about putting on an exciting fight in Japan. One thing I love about Japanese fans and why I love them the most is that they don't care if you win or lose. All they care is if you have samurai spirit, that you put on a good fight. That's why Japanese fans are my favorite. And American fans are jealous that I say that all the time."

vCash

WAR Edgar, wat een gave matchup tegen Ben Henderson... Wordt een megazware kluif voor Edgar.
    weblog voor producers, artiesten en gear lovers: Zerolatency.nl

vCash

trouwens wel een hele dikke card!

vCash

Een hele vette card!!! Wow!!

Benson vs Edgar wordt bij voorhand al gezien als de match vh jaar! Het wordt een zware pot voor Benson, maar hij zal Edgar hoop/denk ik op een submission pakken.

Bader vs Rampage wordt een beukpartij, het maakt mij niet uit wie deze pot wint, vind het beide leuke vechters.

Kongo vs Hunt wordt een kickboxpartij, maar beide vechters zijn wel iets vooruit gegaan wat betreft worstelen (Kongo) en Hunt (BJJ), dus ben benieuwd of ze het staande houden of daadwerkelijk ook naar de grond gaan!
    Ben Henderson/Donald Cerrone/Luke Rockhold/Jon Jones

vCash

Yushin Okami: UFC Will Bring the Heat in Japan

Several UFC fighters met the media in Japan over the weekend to promote the Feb. 26 UFC 144 show at the Saitama Super Arena, and one of the big questions facing the promotion is whether it can engage Japanese fans who have largely turned away from combat sports in recent years.

One of the Japanese fighters on the show, Yushin Okami, thinks there is no question that the UFC will deliver just the kind of product that Japanese fans want.

"It's been a while since I've fought in Japan, so I'm excited. I would love to bring the heat and atmosphere of the real UFC over to Japan," Okami said at the UFC's press conference.

Okami has been the most successful Japanese fighter in the UFC, going 10-3 inside the Octagon and losing only to Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen and Rich Franklin. But his long-term success in the UFC may actually make him less known to fans in his home country because he hasn't fought back home in almost six years. While other successful Japanese MMA fighters have been fighting in front of Japanese fans, Okami has been fighting in the United States, with occasional stops in Ireland, Germany and Brazil. And Okami was never a big star in Japan, fighting only a couple of low-profile bouts in Pride.

So Okami's name won't move the needle in Japan, but his fight with Tim Boesch is a good middleweight matchup, and the card -- headlined by Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson -- is very impressive from top to bottom. What the UFC is bringing to Japan is just a very good fight card, the best that Japanese fans have seen in a long time.

vCash

VETTE POSTER

vCash

hele mooie poster ja!

vCash

Zekers. Ben ook blij dat ze Japan zo goede card geven.