MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Rampage deed aan testeron replacment therapy

The UFC has to get a handle on its scoring system and allowing its fighters to use testosterone therapy. Rampage makes it sound like testosterone did everything for him that steroids would have, but it's not the same as using steroids, he argues.
    His performance was still disappointing!
    Abbreviated interview with Fighters Only below:

Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson missed weight for his fight with Ryan Bader by an enormous five pounds, something unheard of for the former UFC and Pride champion. Already beset by allegations that he was not taking the fight seriously, the weight-miss was taken as proof positive that he did not care about the bout or respect Bader as an opponent.

In the week prior to the fight, Jackson had caused a storm by slamming UFC commentator Joe Rogan. He accused Rogan of biased commentary and said that he always had negative comments to make about Jackson’s techniques and overall game. All in all, the days preceding the fight were not vintage for Jackson.

Then the fight itself went 15 minutes and apart from one or two sparks - including a trademark slam - it was something of an anti-climax and Jackson was again criticised - by fans - for displaying a limited repertoire. Stung by this criticism, and unhappy about a few other things, Jackson picked up the phone and told Fighters Only a few home truths which he would like to share with the world.

"I almost pulled out (due to his knee injury) but then I went to see the doctor and he told me to talk to an age-management doctor. So I went and talked to them and they tested me and said my testosterone was low; they prescribed me testosterone, to bring my testosterone levels back up to levels where I can be like… so that I am the same as young people, like when I was 25, and it would help build my knee up. I hurt my knee like a month ago and I only did three shots of testosterone but it put a lot of weight on me, a lot of muscle on me but it healed me knee up good enough to where I could fight.

It was hard for me to train, it takes time to heal, I couldn’t do certain things, but this was my first time ever using testosterone. I took what the doctor prescribed to me and I went to the pharmacy… I gave myself small doses and that **** immediately changed me, that’s why I am saying now I am not going to retire. I am not gonna retire no time soon, its just unfortunate that I got this injury.

I started hitting it up pretty good, I still gotta take care of my knee but I feel like a 25 year old again. My sex life changed, I was back to five times a night like when I was 25, straight up. I got stronger, lifting weights. I was never good at lifting weights but I was doing everything, pull ups and stuff, everything with my top half. I gained a lot of weight but I gained a lot of water as well, I never knew about testosterone putting weight on you like that. I had to cut weight [for the fight] and I cut 22 pounds out of the 30 I needed to cut, I just couldn’t make the rest. I couldn’t make the rest.

FO: Is there any feeling on your part that TRT is basically drugging by another name, any doubts about using it?

Well to be honest with you I first learned about testosterone… I don’t know about health and drugs and stuff because I don’t really deal with it. I was never really big into it. So I was like ‘testosterone? No I’m not going to do that, that’s like steroids’ but then the doctor is like ‘no, steroids is stuff mixed with testosterone or other stuff, you can get steroids that do all types of things. Steroids for your cardio, for your muscles. Testosterone is all natural, its what your body produces.’

He was saying its like age management, it will turn back the clock and help heal you up. So I talked to my team and I really wanted to fight in Japan - coz you know I did all this stuff to fight in Japan and not in Chicago - and so I couldn’t give up and miss Japan. Everyone knows I love Japanese fans, they helped me become the fighter that I am, they gave me the energy and stuff. It was a hard decision but I was like ‘you know what, I am gonna do it. It will make me young and help me fight longer, which I want to.’

So I spoke to the UFC and they were like ‘yeah, a lot of fighters are probably doing it but not telling anyone.’ Me, I keep it real, I am not doing anything wrong. Its legal and I am not abusing it and I am not going over certain levels. From what I learned about it, when I got tested my levels my levels were really low and the doctor was telling me that athletes can burn testosterone.

Sure enough I did it like a week or two and, I couldn’t train but… that’s why I did this song about doggy style! My doggy style was buck wild man I’m telling you. I was like a young man, back to lifting weights and stuff, running treadmill and I could run and run. I could hit pads but I couldn’t spar or wrestle until I got to Japan, like eight days before the fight. In Japan I saw the change and so I decided I am not retiring no time soon, whether I fight for the UFC or not, I am gonna heal my knee up and get back on top. I feel young again. I’m happy I did the testosterone, I wish I had known about it sooner.

I guarantee nine out of ten people would have pulled out with the injuries that I had. People were thinking that I wasn’t taking this fight seriously, that’s why I was getting so mad. That’s why I got so mad at Rich Franklin’s punk ass because people got stuff coming out their mouth… they got some stuff coming out their cocksucker that they don’t even know what they talking about.

Why would I not take anybody seriously when I am going to fight in front of my favourite fans? I’m going to train harder so I can put on a show in front of my favourite people. In my whole fighting career I never missed weight once. In King of the Cage I missed by a half a pound because this stupid ass dude told me don’t worry about it. I could have made the weight easy so that doesn’t even count.

But I never miss weight; when I fought Forrest I didn’t take that fight seriously, I will be honest with you, I overlooked Forrest bigtime. I was fat as hell for the camp but I made weight, so I think people need to really check what they say. I’m the wrong fella to talk like that to, I don’t play that ****. Anyone says I don’t take fights seriously, sign the contract and we will get in the cage and see who takes the fight seriously.

FO: The first you heard of what Franklin said was when Ariel Helwani put it to you right after you missed weight. Given the sometimes rocky relationship between you and he, did you take that as a deliberate provocation or something?

Ariel Helwani.. At first I didn’t like him but we hung out in Japan and he interviewed me a few times and we played some video games and ****. So then with that Rick Franklin thing I think he was just being a journalist but then some Japanese fans show me on YouTube the interview he did with Ryan Bader and I was like man, he was cool with me but then the kind of questions he is asking Ryan Bader is making me look stupid.

I don’t know if he did the interview before or after [the fight] but I told Ariel Helwani before the weigh ins that I wasn’t going to make weight. I didn’t know if I was going to make weight so I was going to keep it quiet. If I had won the fight I probably would have said after the fight but [until then] I played it off. I didn’t want Bader to know about the knee.

So I’ve got a bone to pick with Ariel Helwani next time I see him...

Interviewed by Gary Alexander
    Additional reporting by John Joe O’Regan

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...or-bader-fight

Vind het persoonlijk goed dat Rampage er zo over praat.

Wat vinden jullie, mag een vechter TRT gebruiken mits de testeron waarden binnen bepaalde grenzen blijft?
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

max 400x125px

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by micha View Post
    het heeft hem echt niks geholpen

True, hij zag er traag en terughoudend uit... standup was totaal niet wat ik van hem verwachte.

Wat is jou mening over TRT? Zou het toestaan mogen worden binnen bestaande waarden, of totaal afgeschaft worden?
    max 400x125px

vCash

Volgens mij had Rampage ook een "Sushi Therapy" gedaan met z'n overgewicht. Het was gewoon ff cashen en weer wegwezen.

vCash

als het deze uitwerking heeft dan denk ik niet dat het erg populair wordt.

ik weet niet zoveel van PED's en Anabole maar het staat vast dat dit zeker werkt. Kijk alleen maar PRIDE daar werd niet getest en daar waren somige atleten net superhelden. Maar of het zou mogen dat vind ik niet er zijn natuurlijk zat dingen waar ze niet op testen en die je sneller helpen herstellen na een training of partij.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by micha View Post
    oeps
    Oeps? Waar doel je op?

vCash

Zolang de vechter niet positief uit een test komt kan hij toch gebruiken wat hij wilt..

Neem dan wel aan dat ze na elke partij gechecked worden.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Dti zegt Rampage over Helwani:
    he was cool with me but then the kind of questions he is asking Ryan Bader is making me look stupid.
    Dat is precies welk probleem ik met hem heb. Hij stelt altijd vragen die erop gericht zijn een vechter negatieve uitspraken te laten doen over zijn tegenstander.

Hij is echt een typische j..... die er alles aan doet om voordeel te verkrijgen.

vCash

ik had mijn post twee keer gepost vandaar oeps

vCash

Als ik dit zo lees.. dan wil ik het ook wel.. al zal het geen oplossing zijn voor kraakbeenklachten.

Wel eerlijk dat hij het zo toegeeft, ik heb persoonlijk ook geen probleem met gebruik van trt zolang er acceptabele grenzen zijn. Het kan net datgene zijn wat sommige vechters nodig hebben om hun carriere met een paar jaartjes te verlengen.

Trouwens..Kun je nagaan.. een geilere versie van rampage.. lol. Hide your woman and children.

vCash

Het ziet er eerder naar uit dat de TRT hem gehinderd heeft. Voor de Jones fight had hij het dus nog niet gebruikt en zag hij eruit alsof hij in de beste vorm van zijn carriere was. Voor dit gevecht begint hij met TRT en houdt kilo´s vocht vast en kreeg daardoor zijn gewicht niet meer in orde.

En of hij het mag gebruiken? Als een vechter vitamine B mag nemen om zijn vitamine B levels op niveau te houden, wat is testosteron daar dan anders aan? Het is duidelijk dat de jongens die TRT gebruiken fysiek beter in elkaar zitten als ze hun testosteron op pijl hebben. En het is niet zo alsof jongens die TRT gebruiken nou plotseling buitengewone resultaten neerzetten. Het is niet zoals bij fietsen waar jongens die EPO gebruiken alle bergen op kop liggen alsof t niks is. Ik denk vooral dat het handig is voor jongens achter in de 30 die hun carriere wat willen verlengen zonder het probleem dat hun lichaam niet meer herstelt door een gebrek aan testosteron. Maar als je dan nog een jonge vent bent en je hebt abnormaal lage testosteron levels, en dan vooral als ze in Japan gevochten hebben vroeger, of geworsteld hebben. Dan duidt dat meestal op steroide misbruik. En dan heb ik zoiets van eigen schuld dikke bult. Maarja, kom daar maar eens achter.

vCash

ik heb gehoord dat je haar er van uitvalt.

vCash

Is Testosterone Therapy Effective?

By November of 2003, an Associated Press article reported that, “tens of thousands of aging men” were receiving testosterone therapy in the form of shots, patches and gels despite weak evidence that the therapy is either safe or effective. In fact, Dr. Dan Blazer of Duke University Medical Center, who headed the Institute of Medicine study of the therapy stated, “Certainly there are people out there who say testosterone replacement therapy is just wonderful, and others who say it doesn’t do any good at all. What we’re saying is we just don’t know.”

By 2002, more than 1.75 million prescriptions for therapeutic testosterone had been written for patients. With an estimated four or five million untreated cases of hypogonadism, the demand for replacement therapy is sure to rise, yet given the plethora of tort claims brought due to adverse drug reactions, the most compelling question remains: Is testosterone replacement therapy safe?
    Testosterone Therapy Risks

A serious safety concern with hormone replacement therapies is that boosting levels of the sexual hormones can increase incidents of hormone dependent cancers, such as prostate cancer. We have seen similar results in the rates of breast cancer in women who have undergone estrogen hormone replacement.
    Cardiovascular Risks Reported in Testosterone Trial

In June of 2010 the National Institute of Health reported in the New England Journal of Medicine that higher rates of, “adverse cardiovascular events,” such as heart rhythm disturbances, high blood pressure and heart attacks were found in men receiving testosterone gel than in the trial’s placebo group. Accordingly, the treatment phase of the trial was halted on December 31, 2009.
    Testosterone Warnings

Abbott Pharmaceuticals states that the following cautions should be observed:

• Virilization has been reported in children who were secondarily exposed to testosterone gel.
    • Children should avoid contact with unwashed or unclothed application sites in men using testosterone gel.
    • Patients' serum testosterone, prostate specific antigen (PSA), hemoglobin, hematocrit, liver function and lipid concentrations should be monitored and tested periodically.

At this time, the NIH (National Institute of Health) is in the process of funding six additional trials to study the effects of testosterone. Patients would do well to approach hormone replacement therapies with caution, to read their drug insert information and to frankly discuss concerns and alternatives with their healthcare providers.