MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by marcelt View Post
    Ik vond het een prachtgevecht. Maar Marloes gaat er echt aan tegen haar. Alhoewel ik haar graag Rousey zou zien pakken. Maar ik denk dat ze veel te goed en sterk is.
    Ik vind Marloes een topper, maar je hebt gelijk. Ik zie sowieso weinig die Ronda kunnen verslaan. Wellicht Cyborg, maar ook tegen Cyborg geef ik Ronda het voordeel.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Miesha Tate Didn't Break Arm in Ronda Rousey Fight

Amazingly, Miesha Tate didn't suffer any broken bones in her left arm following Saturday night's gruesome loss via armbar to Ronda Rousey.

"I had X-Rays last night," Tate told MMAFighting.com via text message. "No bones are broken, which I already knew. Other than that, I have to get an MRI to find out anything further."

Tate, the now former Strikeforce bantamweight champion, wouldn't elaborate on when she'll find out what kind of shape her arm is in and when she'll back to 100 percent. According to a Strikeforce official Saturday night, the early thought was that she had at least damaged ligaments in her arm.

Rousey submitted Tate via armbar at 4:27 of the first round but only after Tate refused to tap for several seconds, which led to her arm seemingly bending backwards. A similar scenario played out in the first minute of the fight, but Tate was able to escape that submission attempt.

Following the tapout, Tate remained on the canvas for several seconds and was unable to move her left arm in the cage after the fight.

The win improved Rousey's professional record to 5-0, with all five wins coming via first-round armbar. Tate's record dropped to 12-3.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Chris Cyborg- Rousey zou wel erg mooi zijn op catchweight. Maar voorlopig is Chris geschorst.

vCash

Jacare, Josh Thomson and Scott Smith Lead Tate vs. Rousey Payouts

Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey was the star attraction of the night, but former Strikeforce middleweight champion Ronaldo Souza received the night's highest disclosed payout at $92,000.

Behind Souza, former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson took home a flat $80,000 for his hard-earned win over K.J. Noons. Strikeforce middleweight Scott Smith pulled in the third-highest payout of the night with $65,000 for his first-round submission loss to Lumumba Sayers. Including his win bonus, Sayers earned $10,000 for the biggest win of his career.

Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey took place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio and was headlined by a bantamweight title clash between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate. The event aired on Showtime and Showtime Extreme.

MMA Fighting requested and received the disclosed payouts from the Ohio Athletic Commission. They are as follows:

Ronda Rousey $32,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus) vs. Miesha Tate $19,000

K.J. Noons $38,000 vs. Josh Thomson $80,000 (no win bonus)

Kasou Masaki $50,000 (no win bonus) vs. Paul Daley $45,000

Lumumba Sayers $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus) vs. Scott Smith $65,000

Bristol Marunde $10,000 vs. Jacare Souza $92,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus)

Alexis Davis $4,000 vs. Sara Kaufman $25,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

Brandon Saling $5,000 vs. Roger Bowling $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)

Pat Healy $22,500 (includes $5,000 win bonus) vs. Caros Fodor $12,000

Conor Heun $8,000 vs. Ryan Couture $10,000 (no win bonus)

vCash

Tate vs. Rousey Medical Suspensions: Miesha Tate Out Indefinitely With Elbow Injury

Miesha Tate and three others received indefinite medical suspensions in the aftermath of Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey, the Ohio Athletic Commission confirmed to MMAFighting.com on Monday.

Tate, the former Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion, appeared to injure her left arm while defending two grisly armbar attempts during her headlining loss to Ronda Rousey. "Takedown" later revealed to MMAFighting.com that her arm was not broken, miraculously, and she was awaiting further MRI results to discover the extent of the damage.

Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, and undercard participants Roger Bowling and Conor Heun also received indefinite suspensions for various hand injuries.

Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey took place Saturday, March 3, 2012 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio and aired live on Showtime and Showtime Extreme.

Additionally, PRIDE veteran Kazuo Misaki received a 45-day suspension due to minor facial damage, and Pat Healy, Alexis Davis, and Brandon Saling each received 30-day suspensions for assorted injuries.

The official Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey medical suspension report can be read below:

Miesha Tate: Indefinite suspension - elbow injury
    Ronaldo Souza: Indefinite suspension - hand injury
    Roger Bowling: Indefinite suspension - hand injury
    Conor Heun: Indefinite suspension - hand injury
    Kazuo Misaki: 45 days - facial laceration
    Pat Healy: 30 days - head laceration
    Alexis Davis: 30 days - facial laceration
    Brandon Saling: 30 days - precautionary reasons

vCash

Dit was de eerste keer dat ik uitkeek naar een gevecht tussen 2 vrouwen, en het was dan ook vet! Jammer dat we Rousey (voorlopig) niet gaan zien tegen Cyborg
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Ik denk dat Maloes Ronda staand aanpakt.
    (>.<)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ChingChong View Post
    Dat is wel waar haar kansen liggen inderdaad. Maar Marloes takedown defense is niet op het juiste niveau. Ik verwacht niet dat Marloes degene is die Ronda zal verslaan.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ChingChong View Post
    Marloes ligt binnen 1 minuut op de grond en binnen 2 minuten in een armbar.

vCash

Brandon Saling's Ohio, New Jersey Licenses Revoked for Falsified Information

After causing a stir on Saturday at Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey, welterweight Brandon Saling's tenure in Strikeforce was short-lived. It turns out there may also not be much time left in his mixed martial arts career. According to Executive Director Bernie Profato of the Ohio Athletic Commission (OAC), Saling's fighter license has been revoked.

Profato told MMA Fighting Saling falsified information on his application for a license by failing to disclose he had "ever been convicted of a crime other than a traffic offense". The omission puts Saling in violation of Administrative Code 3773-1-09, clause F, of the bylaws governing MMA in Ohio, which states a fighter's license can be suspended or revoked if he or she "has violated any law with respect to any sports regulated by the commission or any rule or order of the commission or has been convicted of a felony."

Saling is a registered sex offender and was convicted of "gross sexual imposition", a felony, in 2004 in the state of Ohio.

Saling most recently fought in Columbus, Ohio at Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey where he lost to Roger Bowling via second-round TKO. His presence at the event disturbed many in the MMA community for his racially-controversial "88" or "Heil Hitler" tattoo on the inside of left collarbone. Upon further inspection of his background, it was revealed Saling was had been convicted of felonious sex crimes.

"Obviously this guy is never going to fight for us again," UFC President Dana White told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani. "For this guy to ever get licensed again he'd have to go before a hearing for the athletic commissions and I find it hard to believe that this guy will ever be licensed again. He better go find another job."

Profato states Saling has been notified by certified mail of the commission's decision to revoke his license and that he is entitled to a hearing. Attempts to contact Saling for comment were not immediately returned.

Saling will tentatively have his first opportunity to challenge his license revocation at the next meeting of the OAC on April 11th. Should he choose to challenge their decision, Profato states he'll be able to use the services of an attorney, witnesses, his own testimony and any countervailing evidence that would ostensibly compel the commission to reverse course.

In addition to his license suspension in Ohio, MMA Fighting has confirmed with counsel Nick Lembo of the New Jersey Athletic Control Board (NJSACB) that Saling's license in that state has also been revoked for falsifying information on his license applications. Saling recently fought in New Jersey at Bellator 59 in November of 2011 and Ring of Combat 36 in June of last year.
    At the time of this writing, it's not clear what options Saling has in New Jersey to challenge the NJSACB's decision.

vCash

Miesha Tate Recounts Gruesome Finish, Still Feels She Can Beat Ronda Rousey

No fighter plans on becoming a fixture on someone else's highlight reel, especially in the smoldering fog of a grudge match.
    So when former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate found herself befalling the same fate as seven other women before her, trapped underneath Ronda Rousey with her left arm dangerously close to snapping in two, the thought of tapping seemed somewhat ludicrous. Only when there was no other option did finally she relent, handing Rousey the victory and the belt.

Tate's mangled limb was a shocking image for viewers witnessing from home -- the footage is so grisly, weeks later her family members still refuse to watch it -- but would "Takedown" have called it quits sooner if anyone else on the planet was the one wrenching her arm from its socket?

"It's possible," Tate admitted on Monday's episode of The MMA Hour.

"Obviously I knew (the risk) going into that. It didn't catch me by surprise. A lot of people like Bryan (Caraway) say, ‘you're crazy. How did you not tap to that?' I think because I was prepared for that mentally. Not that I was ever planning on being there, but I knew that if I got into that position, it was a realistic possibility, and so I was prepared.

"I felt my arm go in, and I was like, ‘you know, I don't want to tap,'" she continued. "And I didn't. So I felt my hand touch the back of her thigh and I knew everything was really bad. I just didn't know at that point. I didn't feel there was a way out of it. I had no idea how much longer there was on the clock and it just felt like things were getting worse and worse. And I was like, ‘I just don't know how much of this my arm can take.' I think that's when common sense started to settle in, rather than pure stubbornness."

Tate was lucky to have come to that realization when she did. The extent of the damage done to her is arm is still in question, but despite the gruesomeness of the contortion, x-rays have shown there to be no broken bones. The 25-year-old Tate is currently waiting on MRI results to determine if surgery is required, but she is "pretty sure" she has torn ligament towards the inner side of her elbow. Though if you saw her walking around, beside some slight swelling and bruising, it'd be hard to tell the difference.

As for the question of if the former champion would handle the finish differently in hindsight, Tate was noncommittal. However, she made it exceptionally clear that she wouldn't fall for the same trick twice if given the chance.

"I, personally, would love the opportunity to have a rematch," Tate protested. "I think at a high level, it takes one mistake. Anyone can make a mistake at any moment and someone's able to capitalize on that.

"I don't feel that Ronda proved anything other than what she's already (proved) -- that she has one thing that she's great at. Really phenomenal at. But everything else, I could beat her. Give me another shot. I think it was competitive. I think for the most part I was probably winning. And I think at a competitive high level, one day one person could beat the one person, and the other day the other person would beat the other person."

While the bad blood between both women clearly still lingers in the air, Tate did offer a salute of respect to her rival, acknowledging that what Rousey had done in a short amount of time was relatively remarkable. Surprisingly, Tate also picked Rousey to defeat Sarah Kaufman in her upcoming title defense, explaining that Kaufman's style plays right in Rousey's strengths.

Ultimately, however, Tate understands that despite their differences, both she and Rousey are in the same boat, fighting the frustrating uphill battle to gain respect for women's MMA. And in that regard, with reports of 506,000 viewers tuning in to watch the most heavily-hyped women's match since 2009, Tate believes they succeeded.

"I wanted to go out there and I wanted to make a very bold statement," she concluded. "I'm not just a cute girl. I'm not here to be cute for the camera. I wanted to show that women's MMA is legit. We come out there and we fight very, very hard.

"We can definitely carry the main event. We can definitely draw the numbers. We can definitely entertain, and we're also really skilled. And I think that, in the big picture, we accomplished that."

vCash

Wie heeft er waanvoorstellingen.. ze denkt dat ze de wedstrijd aan het winnen was.. lijkt me niet. En ze denkt nog een keer te kunnen ontsnappen uit een armbar of er niet eens in terecht te komen. Ik neem aan dat ze voor de wedstrijd enorm hard getraind heeft op het voorkomen van armbars. En ook toen is het Ronda 2x gelukt om haar in een armbar te krijgen, het is niet onmogelijk dat er een wedstrijd komt dat Ronda geen armbar maakt, maar het is wel erg arrogant en dom om te zeggen dat het haar de volgende keer niet gaat lukken.