MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

IF FEAR HAS A STRANGLEHOLD ON YOUR LIFE, TURN AROUND, FACE IT...AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

vCash

Rampage Jackson Wants Out and UFC Should Grant His Wish

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson says it's not just about the money, that he feels disrespected by the UFC and their recent treatment of him, and that because of it, he wants out. To that I say, cut him loose.

Jackson certainly has been one of the UFC's best performers during his five-year run. He's the fighter that crumbled the Chuck Liddell era, unified the UFC and PRIDE belts and smashed Wanderlei Silva. He's been featured in the main event in eight of his 11 UFC appearances. For all of that, he deserves his place among the greats. But he doesn't want to be in the UFC any longer, and the UFC frankly doesn't need him.
    If you think otherwise, you are mistaken. Would it be beneficial to have Jackson around in a healthy business relationship? Of course it would. But do they need him? No. Despite his success, he's replaceable, as is nearly everyone in nearly every industry. Building blocks like Liddell and Couture fade off, and time marches on. It would be the same with Jackson.

A divorce would be a win-win for both parties. UFC can move on and Jackson can call his own shots, knowing full well what he's getting himself into. He may say some outlandish things, but he's smart enough to know what's out there awaiting him, and there's not much. If that's the situation he'd rather face, things must be beyond redemption.

It's not about money, he says. As recently as UFC 130 -- three fights ago -- Jackson was all smiles, saying "I'm making a lot of money for this fight." In the time since, his profile hasn't declined, as he's had a title match with Jon Jones and a co-main event with Ryan Bader at UFC 144, an event in which he was spotlighted just as much as the main event fighters.

This latest episode started shortly after UFC 144, in a series of postings on Twitter, where Jackson insinuated that UFC stood for "u fight cheap," and that he would honor the last fight on his deal and then leave the organization.

On Monday's edition of "Inside MMA," Jackson took things a step further, asking for his immediate release during an interview with Bas Rutten.

"In my opinion they're trying to make me lose my fan base, because they don't want me to be bigger than the UFC," he said. "Because the [A-Team] movie I did was bigger than the UFC. I know what's going on. I'm going to let them have the UFC. I don't want to be part of the UFC anymore. If Dana doesn't want me to be bigger than the UFC, let me go."

This isn't his first blowup with the UFC, of course. Back in September 2009, he announced he was quitting due to conflicts with the promotion, mostly stemming from his decision to film The A-Team instead of facing Rashad Evans as had been planned. About two months later, he said he was coming back to "shut Rashad's mouth up and shut Dana's mouth up."

That fight was the beginning of his current 2-3 skid.

Jackson says he wants respect, but he is the same guy who said "I don't give a damn about the belt" when he was preparing to fight Liddell. Was that respectful to the organization promoting him in a championship match after only one win there?

Of course, that doesn't prove anything about the way the UFC has handled him behind the scenes, only that everyone has a different definition of respect. We do know that back in 2008, White flew from Las Vegas to Orange County, California to post bail for Jackson after a hit-and-run accident that led to a police chase. So there is some history of the UFC going above and beyond the contracted relationship to look out for him. You'd be hard-pressed to find other instances of pro sports league owners doing the same for one of their athletes.

Since that was over three years ago, it is possible that they've disrespected him in some real way that we don't know about. Although he didn't say it outright, Jackson seemed to suggest they were asking him to take a pay cut. While that isn't necessarily a disrespectful move -- financial decisions are often cruel in the sports world, just ask Peyton Manning -- it's easy to understand why he'd see it as such.

But some of his tangentially related comments make it clear there is more to the situation. He told Inside MMA that the UFC matchmaker Joe Silva "needs to be slapped in the face." Why?

"If you got a fighter like me who likes to go out and put on exciting fights, why are you going to keep giving me wrestlers who are going to take me down and hump me?" he asked, as if it was a rhetorical question.

Arguing that your matchups aren't favorable to your style aren't going to win you any sympathy. Remember that as recently as February 2011, he was offered a rematch with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, a striker who happened to be the division's light-heavyweight champion at the time. But Jackson had to turn down the short-notice but major opportunity because he was 250 pounds and felt he couldn't be ready by the necessary date. Is that missed chance for a matchup to his liking on him or the UFC?

Beyond that, if you look at the last three fights he's lost, the majority of the bouts have been fought standing. Against Ryan Bader, he spent 8:30 of the 15 minutes on his feet and lost. Against Jon Jones, he spent 14:45 of the 16:14 on his feet and lost. Against Rashad Evans, he spent 11:06 of the 15 minutes on his feet and lost. Those matchups may not have excited him, but he had his opportunities. He's always had them, in the form of championship bouts, No. 1 contender fights, and main events.

But that's all just factual stuff, and this is about feelings. As Jackson admitted during a recent, extended interview with MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani, he's always been more sensitive than he lets on. Last week, Dana White spoke about this whole thing, saying that he thought Jackson was just taking the loss and corresponding criticism hard. But White had also talked to Jackson and thought the worst was behind them, and Jackson still feels the same way. Jackson has his mind made up, and it's not about money, it's about feelings. He wants out. It's time to say thanks for the UFC memories, and let him go.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Dana White: Rampage Jackson's Last UFC Fight Will Be Against Shogun Rua

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson wants out of the UFC. It looks like he'll get his wish, but not before fulfilling the last fight on his current deal.
    According to a report on Tuesday's edition of FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight," Jackson and the UFC have agreed to part ways after Jackson faces Mauricio "Shogun" Rua later this year.

The 33-year-old Jackson (32-10) has previously said on Twitter that he was amenable to taking the last fight on his deal as long as he would be allowed to part ways with the UFC afterward.

If that is the end, it would mark the close of a rocky five-year relationship which began with Jackson's debut win over Marvin Eastman at UFC 67 in Feb. 2007. Just prior to that, Jackson had been fighting in the short-lived WFA, and UFC ownership group Zuffa LLC acquired the company. Later, UFC president Dana White would say that the only reason they bought the promotion was to acquire Jackson's contract.

Jackson went on to win the UFC light-heavyweight championship by beating Chuck Liddell at UFC 71 and defend it against Dan Henderson a few months later before dropping the belt to Forrest Griffin in July 2008.

The next fight would be the 12th in Jackson's UFC tenure, and he currently has a 7-4 record while fighting for the promotion, losing his last two.

No timetable was given for the matchup with Rua, which was reported by Ariel Helwani, but the bout should please Jackson, who has long wanted a rematch stemming from his April 2005 defeat at PRIDE Total Elimination 2005. That was the opening round match of the PRIDE middleweight Grand Prix that made Rua a star, and Rua won in style with a spectacular first-round TKO.

Jackson had a chance to take the rematch in 2011, but turned down the short-notice bout because he felt he didn't have enough time to get into shape and come in at optimal strength. Now, he'll have a chance to win in his last octagon appearance and avenge a bitter defeat at the same time

vCash

vCash

Met andere woorden, dana wilt dat rampage met een flink pak slaag zijn loopbaan in de ufc eindigt

vCash

Default Rampage to fight Shogun; then be released by the UFC

Rampage to fight Shogun; then be released by the UFC
    Source: mmajunkie.com
    Mar 13, 2012 10:30 PM EST
    Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-10 MMA, 7-4 UFC) isn't out of the UFC just yet
    One day after the disgruntled former light-heavyweight champ asked the promotion to be released, he's instead expected to serve the final fight of his UFC contract in a meeting with fellow former champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (20-6 MMA, 4-4 UFC)
    Yahoo! Sports initially reported the UFC's offer of Rua to Jackson, and the matchup was confirmed tonight during an episode of "UFC Tonight." The bout is targeted for the summer, though a specific date has yet to be announced
    According to "UFC Tonight," Jackson will be released from the UFC after he fights Rua. The pair fought seven years ago in the now-defunct PRIDE Fighting Championships. Rua won by first-round TKO, though Jackson later said he wasn't fit to fight and expressed desire for a rematch.
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Ik zie niet hoe Rampage dit kan winnen.
    Max. 400 x 125

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    Ik zie niet hoe Rampage dit kan winnen.
    X2

vCash

Zooo.. dat wordt geen fijn laatste gevecht voor Rampage :S
    Dit gaat ie nooit winnen.

vCash

Default Shogun-Rampage 2

bron: http://www.ufc.com/news/rampage-shogun-ii-2012-031312

Dit wordt waarschijnlijk de laatste partij van Rampage in de UFC

Rampage krijgt er trouwens flink van langs op sherdog
    Last edited by deco'o; 14-03-2012 at 19:55.

vCash

Default Rampage Jackson: Shogun fight will have to wait, I need surgery on both knees

Drama, drama.Quinton Jackson is back on Twitter and, of course, he's breaking news on his immediate future. This time, the former light heavyweight champion is saying he won't be able to fight Mauricio Rua. At least not for a while.That's because he needs surgery on not just one knee, but both his knees. You know, the knees those doses of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) supposedly fixed up for him.From "Rampage's" Twitter account:
    "2 keep it real,the Shogun fight will have 2 wait,I just found out that I have 2 get surgery on both knees,but I heal fast don't trip."
    The saga continues.

vCash

Rampage Jackson: Knee Surgeries Will Delay Final UFC Fight

Looks like free agency will be delayed for Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. So, too, will his final fight in the UFC.

On Thursday, Jackson tweeted that he would have to have surgery on both of his knees, pushing back the last contracted fight of his UFC tenure. On Tuesday, UFC president Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta both said that Jackson would face Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in his swan song, but there's no telling whether that plan will hold up after being impacted by Jackson's recovery timetable.

Jackson didn't detail the injuries he suffered, but in the weeks since his last bout, he's made reference to injuring one of his knees prior to his UFC 144 loss to Ryan Bader. According to an interview he did with Fighters Only, during hist most recent injury, he sought out medical care, eventually leading to a diagnosis of low testosterone. Jackson said he was prescribed testosterone replacement therapy, something that White confirmed last week.

The 33-year-old once said that he would retire by the age of 35, but in recent weeks has indicated a desire to compete far beyond that age. According to him, it just won't come in the UFC. Citing disrespect as a motivator to part ways, Jackson (32-10) publicly asked for a release.

The UFC has agreed to let him go after he finishes the terms of his contract, which call for one more fight.

The bout with Rua was a match that he has requested for quite some time. The two first fought in April 2005, with Rua winning by first-round TKO. Jackson has always sought revenge for the defeat, but turned down a chance to fight him last February when approached about taking the bout on short notice.

Given Jackson's injuries, surgeries and any physical therapy that might follow, the schedules of the two PRIDE veterans might refuse to be synced up yet again, depriving Jackson of the rematch before he moves on from the UFC.

Next time he competes, he'll be trying to snap the first two-fight losing streak of his career as he sets off into free agency.

vCash

Rampage beweegt al een beetje als een zombie, zal dr wel niet sneller op worden met een dubbele operatie aan de knietjes op die leeftijd.

vCash

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
    Push knee kick illegaal??? Push Knee Kick is toch "Bruce lee's JKD" trap?

En een shoot testosteron is legaal (3x zelf)????
    MORAALRIDDER 1st klas - "Behandel anderen zoals je door hen behandeld wil worden"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pahlavan View Post
    Met andere woorden, dana wilt dat rampage met een flink pak slaag zijn loopbaan in de ufc eindigt
    Nee, Rampage wou tegen Shogun vechten, hij dacht eerst in Japan.
    Dit wordt zijn laatste gevecht tegen Shogun, en denk dat hij dit gaat winnen volgens zijn intervieuw.

"I'm going to make you pay for what you've done."
    “Logica brengt je van A naar B, fantasie brengt je overal.”

vCash

kan iemand een vertaling plaatsen wat hij allemaal zegt

vCash

James toney zegt: oem fmfhbwfbh fb bfwhb afhbaaanvdgbrgb. You know what i am saying fatboy. Hmkjlgjakljf fui bfab hefb ub. ytkljlwjqf qbfbgydvb db uh bugghrbgh b Shamrock Knockout.

vCash

Het einde van de pride era nu zo'n beetje, met rampage die nu ook echt op is na die operaties... toch een weemoedig momentje.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by smike View Post
    Het einde van de pride era nu zo'n beetje, met rampage die nu ook echt op is na die operaties... toch een weemoedig momentje.
    Niet echt, je hebt nog Overeem, Anderson, Hendo, Shogun, Barnett en nog een paar die nog op topniveau meedoen.
    Max. 400 x 125