MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Default UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen

UFC 148 will take place July 7th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Franklin, 37, last fought at UFC 126 in February of last year, losing a decision to former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin. The Ohio native was originally scheduled to face Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 133 in August of 2011, but was forced to withdraw due to a torn labrum.

Franklin's return against Le marks his first fight at middleweight since defeating Travis Lutter at UFC 83 in April of 2008. However, the former middleweight champion fought two catchweight bouts of 195 pounds in 2009 against Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort.

Le, 39, is still looking for his first UFC win in what will be his second fight inside the Octagon. The former Strikeforce champion faced Wanderlei Silva at UFC 139, losing in the third round by TKO due to strikes.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Dit kan nog eens een verrassend leuke pot gaan worden denk ik.
    weblog voor producers, artiesten en gear lovers: Zerolatency.nl

vCash

Blij dat Franklin er weer bij is, zie hem altijd graag aan de gang
    “The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy”
    -Charles de Montesquieu

vCash

Bisping vs. Boetsch, Barao vs. Hougland Slated for UFC 148

Two additional fights were added to the UFC 148 fight card today. Middleweights Michael Bisping and Tim Boetsch will face off as well as bantamweight contender Renan Barao and Jeff Hougland. UFC 148 is scheduled to take place on July 7th and will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Both fights were announced on the UFC's website today.

Bisping, 33, and Boetsch, 31, enter this bout from different positions.

The UK's Bisping will return to action after dropping a controversial split decision to now number-one contender Chael Sonnen at UFC on Fox 2 in January of this year. Boetsch, by contrast, has won three straight and had the win of his career when he stopped former top contender Yushin Okami in the third round of their bout last month at UFC 144.

Barao, 25, looks to continue his unbeaten streak alive this July with what would be his sixth straight win under the Zuffa banner. He most recently won a unanimous decision victory over Scott Jorgensen at UFC 143 last month.

Hougland is looking for his second win inside the Octagon since defeating Donny Walker in his UFC debut at UFC 132 in July of 2011. Hougland was originally scheduled to face fellow UFC bantamweight Mike Easton at UFC on Versus 6, but was replaced by Byron Bloodworth after Hougland pulled out of the bout due to injury.

UFC 148 will also play host to a middleweight bout between former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin and former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le. UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz is also expected to defend his title in a rematch with former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber.

vCash

Tito Ortiz Announces Rubber Match With Forrest Griffin for UFC 148

Tito Ortiz will conclude his heated trilogy with Forrest Griffin at UFC 148. Ortiz announced the bout late Monday night via Twitter.

The 37-year-old Ortiz campaigned vigorously for a final meeting with Griffin, and is expected to retire following the rubber match.

UFC 148 is scheduled for July 7, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The card will likely be headlined by another contentious trilogy, as The Ultimate Fighter 15 coaches Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber square off for the UFC bantamweight title. Also featured are middleweight bouts Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le and Michael Bisping vs. Ti Boetsch, as well as a bantamweight clash between Renan Barao and Jeff Hougland.

Ortiz and Griffin met twice previously, with each man claiming a victory. The pair first fought at UFC 59, where Ortiz nabbed a narrow split decision win. Griffin found his revenge three years later, taking the judges' nod via another split decision at UFC 106.

Suffice to say, both men have experienced mixed results since that meeting.

Ortiz (16-10-1), a former UFC light heavyweight champion and the owner of the most fights in UFC history, stumbled through a winless streak from 2006 to 2010, until upsetting Ryan Bader with a stunning first-round submission victory at UFC 132. However the momentum was short-lived, and Ortiz has since dropped two straight contests to Rashad Evans and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

Griffin (18-7), meanwhile, has split his two appearances since the Ortiz rematch, defeating Rich Franklin via unanimous decision at UFC 126 before falling to Mauricio Rua at UFC 134.

vCash

Denk toch echt niet dat Le well-rounded genoeg is om het Franklin moeilijk te maken.

vCash

Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin
    Middleweight bout: Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
    Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch
    Welterweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Dong Hyun Kim
    Bantamweight bout: Renan Barão vs. Ivan Menjivar
    Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Fabrício Camões
    Middleweight bout: Constantinos Philippou vs. Riki Fukuda
    Lightweight bout: Gleison Tibau vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

vCash

vCash

vCash

Default UFC 147 naar UFC 148 : Silva vs Sonnen

MORAALRIDDER 1st klas - "Behandel anderen zoals je door hen behandeld wil worden"

vCash

Omdat ze die partij van Silva vs. Sonnen in een andere venue wilden laten plaatsvinden. Eentje die meer capaciteit had.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turboknecht View Post
    Omdat ze die partij van Silva vs. Sonnen in een andere venue wilden laten plaatsvinden. Eentje die meer capaciteit had.
    ok tx, maar niet meer in Brazilie? Weg thuis voordeel Silva lijkt me
    MORAALRIDDER 1st klas - "Behandel anderen zoals je door hen behandeld wil worden"

vCash

Niet meer in Brazilië, zojuist was er ook een persconferentie op de UFC website live hierover. Partij wordt nu gehouden in Las Vegas in één of andere mega stadion.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Danielos View Post
    Niet meer in Brazilië, zojuist was er ook een persconferentie op de UFC website live hierover. Partij wordt nu gehouden in Las Vegas in één of andere mega stadion.
    Het event wordt gewoon in de
    MGM Grand Garden arena gehouden. Geen mega stadion dus.

vCash

wel jammer!

vCash

Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chael Sonnen
    Bantamweight Championship bout: Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber
    Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin
    Middleweight bout: Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
    Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch
    Welterweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Dong Hyun Kim
    Bantamweight bout: Renan Barão vs. Ivan Menjivar
    Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Fabrício Camões
    Middleweight bout: Constantinos Philippou vs. Riki Fukuda
    Lightweight bout: Gleison Tibau vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

vCash

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen 2 Rescheduled for UFC 148

As anticipated, the UFC has scrapped plans to hold Anderson Silva's championship rematch against Chael Sonnen in a soccer stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

The blockbuster grudge match, which was originally booked for UFC 147 on June 23, has now been rescheduled to headline UFC 148 on July 7, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. UFC President Dana White announced the switch at a press conference in Rio on Tuesday morning, though according White, it took some persuasion to get Silva onboard.

"He was very upset about not fighting in Brazil," White said. "He wanted this fight with Chael Sonnen here. It took a lot of talking, and I finally convinced Anderson to take this fight in Las Vegas."

Silva put on a good face throughout the proceedings, however it was clear he wasn't happy with the decision.

"I'm a UFC athlete," Silva said. "I don't just have fans in Brazil, but worldwide. So regardless of where this fight is, I'll be representing Brazil. I'll be doing my job for my fans, and nothing will really change. The only thing is unfortunately the fight, due to the alliance the UFC has with a company which wasn't professional enough to understand the size of the UFC, unfortunately the fight will not be in Brazil."

Previously, White cited difficulties obtaining a proper venue in Brazil due to a United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development booked for the same week. The conference runs from June 20-22 and lists 194 member nations among its attendees.

However, at Tuesday's presser, White wouldn't go into specifics about what ultimately forced the move, alluding only to "a lot of problems."

"There were many things that cause this fight to fall apart here," White explained.
    "As we got into the logistics of making this thing happen here, just everything that could go wrong went wrong, and we weren't able to pull it off fast enough."

Despite his not-so-friendly relationship with the country of Brazil, Sonnen also expressed his frustration regarding the situation.
    "It was disappointing, especially with the thought of coming to a stadium," Sonnen admitted. "In Toronto, (Jake) Shields and (Georges St. Pierre) did 55,000 seats, and I was hoping to be part of breaking that and getting it done here in Brazil. But look, Las Vegas is the fight capital of the world. This is the biggest fight in the history of combat.

"My plan wasn't to walk in here and tell you guys we're not going to fight. My plan was to come in here, take your money, my new belt, and go home back to America. But instead I'm going to have to wait, I'm going to have to stomp him on July 7, and that's exactly what I'm going to do."

Unsurprisingly, Sonnen also couldn't resist taking a few jabs at his already irate rival.
    "I don't have anything against the Brazilian people." Sonnen remarked. "I've got something against a Brazilian that's sitting a few feet from me. Maybe a couple other gentlemen (too), but your women are all okay we me, so feel free to give me a call or pay me a visit.

"But as far as my impression (of Brazil), it's a lot like America. When I was a little kid, I remember going outside and sitting with my friends. We'd talk about the latest technology and medicine and gaming and American ingenuity, and I'd look outside and Anderson and the Brazilian kids are sitting outside playing the mud. And I'll tell you something else, I think it's disgusting, I think it's an embarrassment to the sport and himself that he'd come around with that fake belt when the entire world watched me defeat him on live TV."

The comments seemed to tip Anderson over the edge, as the normally reserved champion answered back with his own verbal assault.

"Chael Sonnen doesn't practice the martial arts," Silva declared. "He's a wrestler, so he doesn't know what martial arts is. Respect. Respect for a country. Respect to a people. And respect towards human beings. Many times, people even ask me, 'well, isn't he promoting the fight?' Yes, okay, but there are many different ways for you to do that. He did not respect our country. He disrespected my family. And above all, he disrespected all the UFC audience."
    Of course, Sonnen started audibly snoring midway through Silva's response.

With Silva-Sonnen II shifted off the card, UFC 147 now features a middleweight match-up between The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil coaches Vitor Belfort and Wanderlei Silva, the TUF: Brazil featherweight and middleweight finals, and a heavyweight bout between Fabricio Werdum and Mike Russow.

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may also be moved onto the card. Aldo is currently scheduled to fight a yet to be announced opponent at UFC 149.

"We talked about moving Jose down to this card here," White revealed. "It's probably going to happen. We're working with his camp right now. And then, Dan Henderson vs. (Jon) Jones coud be a possibility (for UFC 149)."

Meanwhile, a venue for UFC 147 has yet to finalized. UFC officials originally targeted the Estádio Olímpico João Havelange, a colossal soccer stadium that could potentially seat upwards of 50,000 Brazilian fight fans, however that is no longer an option.
    "We're still in talks and we're trying to figure out exactly where we're going to take this event," White concluded. "It's going to happen obviously, the details are just not worked out and we don't have a venue yet."

vCash

vCash

vCash

dit moet toch makkelijk één van de meest stacked kaarten van 2012 zijn, NIET normaal! gonna be pretty sick

vCash

Default Chael Sonnen Moved In and Out of Brazil Under Heavy Security Detail

UFC president Dana White, middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and middleweight challenger Chael Sonnen were in Brazil earlier this week to hold a press conference announcing the moving of the Silva vs. Sonnen rematch from UFC 147 in Brazil to UFC 148 in Las Vegas.The reason for the change was, for the most part, was out of the control of the UFC. That doesn’t make it any more popular to the Brazilian fight fans and media that were so looking forward to the fight taking place on Silva’s home turf in Rio de Janeiro.
    In fact, it made for a somewhat sketchy situation for Sonnen, already not the most popular foreign fighter to ever set foot on Brazilian soil. So much so that the UFC took appropriate measures to keep him safe when he and White darted in and out of Brazil for Tuesday’s press conference.
    “We had proper security with us,” White said in a report in the Orange County Register. “We had like seven guys with us. These are guys that mapped out the whole route. We literally landed at the airport in Rio, a shuttle took us through customs, jumped on helicopters, and the helicopters took us right to the hotel.
    “I came through the front door. We put (Sonnen) through a side door. We had him in a holding room. We went down to the press conference and he had a scrum. The reporters were getting really aggressive with him at the scrum. Somebody got him with a shock pen and all kinds of stuff like that. He went out the side door. I went out the front door.
    “Helicopters took us back. We got on a plane and got him out of there. I wanted to make sure we got in and out and got him safe.”
    Many conspiracy theorists will take White’s comments as more fuel for the fire that Sonnen never intended to fight Silva in Brazil in the first place, primarily because he was worried about his safety there.
    The fact of the matter is, however, that the United Nations is holding its Rio+20 conference in Rio de Janeiro the same week as was planned for UFC 147. Rio+20 is expected to bring more than 50,000 to the city, while UFC 147, with Silva vs. Sonnen as the main event, was intended to be held in a soccer stadium holding somewhere between 60,000 to 80,000 fans.
    Logistical issues such as adequate hotel space, public transportation, security, and other issues led the UFC to pull the trigger on moving the rematch to its July event, UFC 148 in Las Vegas.
    Conspiracy theorists take aim… but then again, there is some validity to the security concerns. White acknowledged as much by his comments about the way they handled security for he and Sonnen just in announcing the change, let alone if Sonnen got to the point of going to Rio to fight Silva there.
    “I’m still getting texts, ‘Did you and Sonnen get out of Brazil alive last night? I haven’t heard from you. Give me an update,’” White continued. “I made (Sonnen) ride in a different car than me.”
    UFC 147 is still expected to take place in Brazil, likely with UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo defending his belt against Erik Koch in the main event, with a co-main event pitting Ultimate Fighter: Brasil coaches Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort against on another. It will now, however, be moved to a smaller venue and could still possibly receive a date change, although neither of those details has been announced as of yet.

bron
    THE CURE IS FREE, YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE DISEASE.

vCash

Heeft Sonnen toch wel een heel klein beetje aan zichzelf te danken lijkt me zo...
    Denk niet dat die zijn volgende strandvakantie in Brasil moet boeken...
    Ik neem voor alles de tijd, maar ik heb geen affiniteit met een gast die m'n fallus en ballen berijdt, das een calamiteit! (Sticky Steez)

vCash

Ze hadden Sonnen gewoon in z'n eentje moeten laten rondlopen.

vCash

wat is er nu precies aan de hand ? Gaat heel de UFC in Brazil niet door of alleen de partijj van Sonnen? Wat is de reden het is te druk in Rio te weinig hotelkamers?