MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    vCash

Default UFC 149: Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao

Thiago Alves vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama Targeted for July UFC Event

Yoshihiro Akiyama still has a job in the UFC, and now has his next opponent set, as well.Despite losing four straight in the octagon, Akiyama's spirited performances have ensured him at least one more go, and it will come against Thiago Alves at a July event -- most likely UFC 149 -- according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The two have both agreed to the matchup, sources told MMA Fighting.

The Japanese fighter recently dropped to welterweight, where he fought Jake Shields at UFC 144. The two went all three rounds, with Shields taking a unanimous decision on all three judges' scorecards. Prior to that, Akiyama(13-5, 2 no decisions) had lost consecutive bouts to Vitor Belfort, Michael Bisping and Chris Leben.

After dropping his fourth straight, there was speculation about whether or not he would be cut, and he'll face the same kind of stakes the next time around.

In Alves, Akiyama will be facing an opponent hungry for a win.

Alves appeared to be on the way to a victory over Martin Kampmann during March's UFC on FX event in Sydney, Australia when he went for a takedown and fell into a fight-ending guillotine choke with just 48 seconds left in the fight. With the loss, Alves fell to 19-9 overall after dropping four of his last six.

The fight is likely as part of the UFC's inaugural foray into Calgary on July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome. In the main event of that show, Jose Aldo will attempt to defend his featherweight championship, though his opponent has yet to be named.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Hopelijk denkt Akiyama niet dat hij staand wat in te brengen heeft en werkt hij hem naar de grond toe

vCash

denk dat de verliezer gecut gaat worden. wel een mooie partij

vCash

Zo slecht is Alves toch niet op de grond. Ben benieuwd of Akiyama weer wat van die mooie worpen eruit gaat gooien. Denk toch dat Alves wat meer killer instinct heeft en het dan afmaakt.
    "If the ref hadn’t stopped him, Fedor was going to take that head home to his spaceship and polish it."

Fedor Emelianenko - "I don't talk about my weaknesses. I work on them."

vCash

Akiyama moet de UFC echt kwaad gemaakt hebben hij gaat van Belcher, Leben, Belfort, Shields naar Alves. Het lijkt bijna dat hij omhoog gaat in de rankings hoe meer hij verliest (Alves is een trapje lager dan Shields maar nog steeds een top WW).

vCash

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cheick Kongo Set for UFC 149

Two of the UFC's top heavyweights will look to get back on track in July.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will meet Cheick Kongo at UFC 149 on July 21 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Calgary Sun reported on Tuesday. UFC president Dana White tweeted on Wednesday that the fight will not headline the pay-per-view.

Speaking of which, Jose Aldo was originally scheduled to headline the card, but White said on Tuesday that the promotion is considering moving him to UFC 147 on June 23 in Brazil. He was open to the idea of booking Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson as the UFC 149 main event but said the organization has yet to finalize those plans.

Nogueira (33-7-1, 1 NC) hasn't fought since he was submitted by Frank Mir via kimura at UFC 140 in December. Nogueira never tapped, however, the fight was stopped after Mir broke his right arm. The 35-year-old Brazilian is 2-3 in his last five fights.

As for Kongo (17-7-2), the 36-year-old Frenchman recently had his four-fight unbeaten streak snapped by Mark Hunt when he lost via TKO at UFC 144 in February. The loss marked his first since his Dec. 2009 submission to Mir at UFC 107.

UFC 149 will take place at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary. It will mark the UFC's first visit to the city.

vCash

Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch Slated for UFC 149 in July

Jose Aldo will defend his UFC featherweight title against Erik Koch in Calgary after all.

According to sources close to the fight, Aldo (25-1) vs. Koch (13-1) will headline UFC 149 on July 21 in Calgary. The UFC considered booking the fight on June 23 in Brazil, but Aldo wasn't ready to fight then. They had originally offered the title fight to Hatsu Hioki, however, Hioki asked for one more fight before facing Aldo, so they booked him against Ricardo Lamas on June 22 in Atlantic City, N.J.

CagePotato.com first reported the possibility of the bout last week.

The 25-year-old Aldo enters the fight riding a 14-fight winning streak. He's 3-0 since entering the UFC against Mark Hominick, Kenny Florian and Chad Mendes.

Koch, 23, has won his last four fights in a row. He most recently defeated Jonathan Brookins in September, and while he was booked against Dustin Poirier at UFC 143, he was forced to pull out of the fight due to an injury.

UFC 149 will mark the promotion's first trip to Calgary. The main card will air live on pay-per-view.

vCash

Ik ben nog niet onder de indruk van de card.
    Minotauro vs kongo is toch een gevecht van mannen die het beste hebben gehad.

vCash

Denk dat Nogueira Kongo helemaal gaat dubbelvouwen...
    Ik neem voor alles de tijd, maar ik heb geen affiniteit met een gast die m'n fallus en ballen berijdt, das een calamiteit! (Sticky Steez)

vCash

Siyar Bahadurzada Steps In to Face Thiago Alves at UFC 149

An injury has knocked Yoshihiro Akiyama from the UFC 149 card, and he's been replaced by Siyar Bahadurzada in a welterweight showdown with Thiago Alves.
    The UFC confirmed the opponent swap on Tuesday afternoon.
    No specifics were offered on Akiyama's injury, or how long it would keep him out of action.

Bahadurzada made a successful UFC debut at the promotion's April event in Sweden, knocking out the durable Paulo Thiago in just 42 seconds. Overall, it was his seventh straight win as he improved his career record to 21-4-1.

His fight with Alves should come as a striker's delight, as both men prefer the standup game to any other facet of MMA.
    Alves will be looking to rebound following a heartbreaking loss at at March UFC on FUEL event. After controlling the first two rounds of his main event fight with Martin Kampmann, Alves went for a takedown and was choked out guillotine. The loss dropped the former No. 1 contender to 19-9.

UFC 149 takes place on July 21 from the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary. In the main event of the show, featherweight champion Jose Aldo will attempt to defend his belt against Erik Koch.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
    Siyar Bahadurzada Steps In to Face Thiago Alves at UFC 149

An injury has knocked Yoshihiro Akiyama from the UFC 149 card, and he's been replaced by Siyar Bahadurzada in a welterweight showdown with Thiago Alves.
    The UFC confirmed the opponent swap on Tuesday afternoon.
    No specifics were offered on Akiyama's injury, or how long it would keep him out of action.

Bahadurzada made a successful UFC debut at the promotion's April event in Sweden, knocking out the durable Paulo Thiago in just 42 seconds. Overall, it was his seventh straight win as he improved his career record to 21-4-1.

His fight with Alves should come as a striker's delight, as both men prefer the standup game to any other facet of MMA.
    Alves will be looking to rebound following a heartbreaking loss at at March UFC on FUEL event. After controlling the first two rounds of his main event fight with Martin Kampmann, Alves went for a takedown and was choked out guillotine. The loss dropped the former No. 1 contender to 19-9.

UFC 149 takes place on July 21 from the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary. In the main event of the show, featherweight champion Jose Aldo will attempt to defend his belt against Erik Koch.
    Beter kan het niet worden.... wat een matchup!

vCash

Nice! Dikke partij! WAR Siyar!

vCash

Perfecte match-up! Gaat een knaller worden!

vCash

Siyar vs Diaz voor WW titel volgend jaar.

vCash

WARRRRRR Siyar

vCash

Juist zo ga je ervoor, twee gevechten in 3 maanden. War Siyar

vCash

vCash

vCash

Dat kan gewoon geen saaie pot worden! Vette partij voor Siyar!

vCash

Vet dat Siyar een striker krijgt wordt echt een wrede partij kijk er naar uit, kan hij even het niveau verschil qua striking laten zien ;-)

vCash

Erik Koch Embraces Opportunity to Fight Jose Aldo

When Erik Koch got the call offering him a chance to fight Jose Aldo for the UFC featherweight championship, he ran to his living room, fell to his knees and screamed at the top of his lungs.
    That was a decidedly difficult reaction from Hatsu Hioki. Truth be told, the Japanese fighter was the promotion's first choice as a challenger, but he asked for one more fight before competing for the belt.

So despite the fact that the call came as a bit of a surprise to the 23-year-old Koch, he wasn't about to turn down the opportunity.

"It's awesome," he said at a Wednesday press conference in Calgary, the site of July 21's UFC 149. "This is 23 years in the making. I've been doing this since I was a little kid. Just to be here and to get a chance, especially against a dominant champion who's an awesome champion, it's an awesome test. I'm just really excited."

If Koch wins, he will become the second youngest champion in UFC history, just behind current light-heavyweight kingpin Jon Jones, who at the time of his title win was about one month younger than Koch will be when he faces Aldo at July 21's UFC 149.

If there is one asterisk to that "youngest champion" clause, it's Aldo, who was just 23 years, 2 months, 10 days old when he beat Mike Brown to capture the belt back in 2009, about six months younger than Jones was when he won the belt. Of course, at the time, Zuffa only promoted a featherweight division in UFC sister company WEC. He was later promoted to UFC champ when the brands merged, and he's never relinquished his grip on the belt, mostly by demolishing whoever has been placed before him.

For his part, Aldo wasn't surprised about Koch getting the call.

"I think it was actually a well-deserved nomination," Aldo said through his interpreter. "Erik has a good rank and I wasn't actually so surprised even though there were some other interesting names. I'm up for the challenge. I think it's fair he's going up for the title because he's been going through a long list of fights previously with the WEC."

Koch (13-1) has won four straight since his only career loss, which consequently came against Aldo's last challenger, Chad Mendes. Since then, he's rattled off victories against Jonathan Brookins, Raphael Assuncao, Francisco Rivera and Bendy Casimir, with three of the four coming via stoppage.

Still, it will be a long leap from that to facing the likes of Aldo (21-1), who hasn't lost a fight since 2005 in fashioning a 14-fight win streak.

It may be a challenge, but it's one he's embracing.

"There's a lot more exposure and a lot of things I've got to do, but to me, a fight's a fight," Koch said. "I've never really gotten super nervous before a fight. It's something I just love to do. So I don't think there will be really any jitters. To be on top of my game, I know I have to be mentally sound. I have to be in the right place, and I'm always good at getting there. So, I don't think I'll have a problem with it."

vCash

Zou Shogun niet gaan vechten tijdens 149? Hopelijk gaat Aldo weer wat mooie dingen laten zien, mijn favoriet.
    BJJ, Judo, Muay Thai & Teakwondo

vCash

Woow Siyar vs. Alves! Dat is echt een partij waar je even voor gaat zitten! Best trots op onze Siyar!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheCarnage View Post
    Vet dat Siyar een striker krijgt wordt echt een wrede partij kijk er naar uit, kan hij even het niveau verschil qua striking laten zien ;-)
    Ja, hij kan laten zien dat het niveau van Alves hoger ligt.

vCash