MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default John Wayne Parr - Holland report 2003

John Wayne Parr vocht één keer in Nederland. Op 6 december 2003 vocht hij in de Super League in Rotterdam tegen Kamel El Amrani. JWP maakte op Axkickboxing een mooi verslag van zijn trip en hier is exclusief voor Mixfight, het verslag van de Gunslinger !!
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

John Wayne Parr
    Posted: 2003-12-10
    Super League, Rotterdam Rocked
    Finally back home after an amazing trip. One of the best trips I have ever been on, all the fighters were really good blokes and the Super League crew were very professional but at the same time were always there to help if we needed anything. On the night of the fights not one fight was bad, the technique shown by some of the fighters was very impressive and one mistake and someone would be getting knocked out.
    As for my fight went, I busted my ankle early in the second round on Amrani's elbow. After that I couldn't put as much power behind my kicks as I wanted to and just had to try and fight without showing any pain. No excuses from me though, Amrani fought great and he stuck to his game plan. He moved well and used the whole ring. I blocked most of his punches but he stayed busy racking up the points. I learnt a lot as anyone does from a lose and cant wait to get back into the gym and start training again so I can redeem my self on the next show.
    Here is a bunch of pictures I took over the week I was in Holland.
    If you get a chance to buy this show on DVD it would be money well spent. Every fight was great and non-stop action from start to finish.
    Thank you Super League for giving me the chance to be part of something great.
    Hope you enjoy the Pics
    John Wayne Parr

This was the promotional truck used in Holland to promote the show

JWP and Mr.Albert Kraus. We swapped T-shirts, he's a good guy

JWP, Chico, Kraus after a training session at Super Pro gym, a few days before the fight

Albert Kraus trainer Dennis. He looked after us very good in our stay. A very nice guy and good trainer. His mobile phone's never stop

This guy was trouble, just joking. Peter was a legend inside and out side the ring. Hm and his little Brother Reece were top blokes. Glade I finally got a chance to meet and watch Peter fight

My best mate from Japan Nitta, me and my new friend Malaipet

I have met this guy before in America and he some how followed me to Holland. This world is getting too small. Hey John, great catching up with you again

Joerie Mes and JWP just after the weigh-in

El Amrani Kamel after the weigh-in. Hope that we can rematch one day. But also glade that we can just hang on other Super League shows together

Me and Choppa. Had a chance to just hang and be mates. Choppa is a good bloke and doing his country proud. Soon you soon Choppa

Dmitry, how good is this guy. 187cm tall has got to be a slight advantage. I missed his fight but cant wait to see it on the DVD

The Fella's all freezing at the stadium, was pretty cold over there

After many years of posting on Ax I finally got to meet one of the brothers of Muay Thai from the other side of the world. My friend Dirk

Had the chance to meet another Axer in Rotterdam, but unsure of the spelling of the name. Don't want to spell it just in case I say the wrong one

8 time world champion Perry Ubeda. Would be great to see him fight in Australia

One of the legend trainers of the sport Thom Harinck

Ole (not looking to handsome in this photo), JWP, Fadi Merza and Chopper. After the photo Ole, Choppa, Shuki, Richard Walsh and myself went into Amsterdam. Only had a few hours to hang out together before they had to go to the airport. We almost got into a fight with a street preformer who wanted money after Ole video taped him. Told us he was going to break all our Australian legs. Funny shit

My trainer Richard Walsh with a funny poster in the back ground. Almost makes you goes crossed eyed!

Richard Walsh enjoying a Royal with Cheese, Classic. Only in Holland

We run into this place by accident. I can remember Ryan Simson used to wear Susies Saloon T-shirts when he fought in Thailand. I asked the guy behind the bar but he didn't know. Half way through our beer he come back after ringing the boss and said "yes, they did sponsor him". The beer worked well there

Picture perfect. Amsterdam was like talking a step back in time. A very beautiful city. You would be eating lunch then next minute a horse and carrige would come cruising past, amazing.
    Hope you like the pics. Not much action but good memories for me.
    John Wayne
    Last edited by Hammerkick; 27-04-2012 at 08:43.

vCash

Gave foto's. Jij staat er dus ook tussen ?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by de Stiep View Post
    Gave foto's. Jij staat er dus ook tussen ?
    Ja. dat klopt !! Stiep !! Ik had altijd, de hoop, dat hij nog eens een keer in Nederland zou vechten. Maar jammer genoeg is dat nooit gebeurd.

vCash

Toffe foto's Dirk!
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Samen met John Wayne Parr en Peter Smit op de Superleague in Rotterdam, 6 december 2003

vCash

Toffe serie Dirk! Mooi stuk (inmiddels historie) kerel!

vCash

2003 is alweer 9 jaar geleden peter smith leefde nog alles wauw wat gaat de tijd verschikkelijk snel
    zeker een leuk stukje om terug te lezen
    helemaal omdat het de vechter zijn eigen ervaring is en wat die legende uit kangaroo land allemaal over nederland te vertellen heb is maakt het extra speciaal

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lukashenko View Post
    2003 is alweer 9 jaar geleden peter smith leefde nog alles wauw wat gaat de tijd verschikkelijk snel
    zeker een leuk stukje om terug te lezen
    helemaal omdat het de vechter zijn eigen ervaring is en wat die legende uit kangaroo land allemaal over nederland te vertellen heb is maakt het extra speciaal

Inderdaad !! Waar is de tijd gebleven ! Hier is nog een mooie foto met JWP
    van links naar rechts : Guy Paret, John Wayne Parr, ik, Peter "'Hurricane" Smit en Kees Visser

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerkick View Post
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._6483548_n.jpg

Samen met John Wayne Parr en Peter Smit op de Superleague in Rotterdam, 6 december 2003
    hele mooie foto's Dirk....maar deze vind ik wel de uitschieter!

vCash

Thanx Dirk!

Geweldige vechter JWP en vind het erg jammer hem nooit live aan het werk te hebben kunnen zien.
    Enjoy yourself it's later than you think
    Enjoy yourself while you're still in the pink
    The years go by as quickly as you wink
    Enjoy yourself enjoy yourself It's later than you think

vCash

Sl 2003 R'dam : Peter Crooke, Malaipet, Chico Swerts, John Wayne Parr, Fadi Merza & Albert Kraus

John Wayne Parr & Albert Kraus Friends gym Zevenbergen December 2003

vCash

John Wayne Parr vs Kamal El Amrani (SL Rotterdam 06-12-2003)

vCash

Entree John Wayne Parr vs Kamal El Amrani (SL Rotterdam 06-12-2003)

Met dank aan Guy Paret voor de foto's !!