MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Default Interview Alistair Overeem

Exclusive Mixfight.nl interview with Alistair Overeem

How’s everything going are you missing Holland already?
    First of all, I love Holland and miss my family and friends but to be honest leaving Holland to live in the States is the best decision I made in my life.

Why is that?
    Beside the great weather and the standard of living here in Florida it was the best move for my career. I’m now with the best team in the world and I honestly believe that. The blackzilian is a great group of fighters and trainers and the level of training and fighters is extremely high. My new management Authentic Sports Management led by Glenn Robinson takes good care of me &t career especially with all that has happened in the last year

Miami

A lot of things happened last year and we didn’t hear much from you
    That’s correct, I was talked about quite often and I thought it was smarter to focus on my future, myself today and my move to the States and settle down first instead of doing interviews all the time and explaining myself over and over

You can get licensed at the end of the year, so the big question is when can we see you in the cage again?
    I don’t know yet but I’m a fighter so I want to fight as soon as possible

Alistair met GSP

Dana White recently said you are still the number one contender so is your next fight against the winner of Cain vs JDS?
    I hope so but hopefully everybody understands that there fight at the end of the year and therefore it’s not going to be clear when they are available to fight again. In this sport there are many variables, a lot of things are uncertain so if I can choose between waiting for my turn for the title or fight as soon as possible I would choose to fight as soon as possible, I just want to fight.

JDS said recently that he don’t think you deserve a title shot and the UFC now prioritize fights that will sell well and that you are doing the same as Chael Sonnen and trying to talk you way into a fight
    Well Junior dos Santos says all kind of things that don’t really make sense. First he begged to Dana White he wanted to fight me, so as a fighter I accept such a challenge right away. Now he’s saying that I don’t deserve a title fight. He has to make up his mind as he’s changing his story all the time. The same stuff he was saying about me going to the school of Chael Sonnen. I never made the fight between us personal and I never bad mouthed him, the only thing I said was that I think he’s afraid of me which I think he still is haha. When I signed with the UFC I could of easily go for the title shot right away but I chose to fight Brock Lesnar so in no means I’m talking myself into a title shot. If the UFC wants me to fight for the title I’m available and if they decide to let me fight someone else first I’m also fine with that. I’m a fighter and I will get my chance sooner or later.

Bigfoot Silva recently told the media that he wants to fight you if you don’t want to wait for the title
    Well if he said that, then that’s great news as I’m open to fight whoever the UFC gives me. Bigfoot is a good fighter and we were supposed to fight each other in the Strikeforce tournament anyway so it’s like unfinished business.

In the that interview Bigfoot said he would fight you even if you were created in a lab and that where he’s from there supplement of choice is molasses and their attitude, sounds he’s taking a shot at you
    He can say what he wants, in the end what happens in the cage is what matters.

Your last fight is almost a year ago, what have you done?
    I used my time off pretty well, I had time to move to States and make myself at home here and to be honest it was great to discover Florida. I never had time to relax and go out and now it was the time to do that. I see this adventure as a new start, I have left my country, my relationship is over so I’m single and meeting new people so it was perfect to have some time over to be more socially active. Another great thing of Florida is that it’s a great place for holiday so some friends came to visit me and I could show them the area. Last week my daughter was with me for two weeks and it was so great to have her here.

On twitter we see that you are partying a lot lately?
    Yes, but I can’t help it. I get invited all the time and there is no fight lined up and I’m single so why not? For example in Miami there are two big clubs like Liv and Mansion and a lot of Dutch DJ’s preform there so it’s kind of rude if I don’t show my face and support my Dutch countryman haha. Yesterday I went to Armin van Buuren and when my friends came to Miami we went to Tiesto and my friend Sidney Samson and next week when we go to Vegas for the fights Afrojack will perform. It’s great to see all the Dutch DJ’s succeed in the States.

Uitgaan in Miami

Are you in training now?
    I love to train so I never stopped training, it’s not like I’m in fight mode but you can still find me most of the time in the gym. So I’m still training and working out. Don’t worry my career is the most important thing in my life and I’m feeling great right now.

How is it to train at the Blackzilians and what’s the difference between States and Holland
    I can’t even explain what the difference is, beside the fact that we have a group of more than 20 pro athletes training at the gym all the time. The facility alone is impressive, a big gym with cage and enough room to roll around and do strength and conditioning training. We even have a cross-fit track. In Holland I had to drive most of the time, to different training locations, to my physiotherapist, to get my supplements ect. Basically I had to organize a lot for myself. Here everything is being taken care of. Another thing is that almost every week one of our fighters have to fight; in the UFC, in Bellator or local show. It’s great to watch the fights with the whole team.

There are a few dutch people at Blackzilian how’s that?
    Yes, our gym is pretty international. It’s great to have some Dutch people here. Harry Hooft and Tyrone where already here and I have brought Roberto with me, so we have the best of each style in the gym. So we have the BJJ from Brazil, the wrestling from the States and the striking of Holland.

Are Dion Staring and Siyar also part of the team now?
    Yes, it’s nice to have Siyar and Dion here as well for training. They like it here and they also realize that Holland is not the place to be if you want to develop your all-round M.M.A. skills. If you look at Dion Staring right now, he looks great! Unfortunately he had some bad luck with the whole Strikeforce drama but he will get his change pretty soon, he’s ripped and ready to go at 205lbs. There will be more Dutch people coming in the future. Gegard Mousasi, Hans Stringer and Rico Verhoeven are considering to come to train with us as well.

Dion Staring

Can we expect a third season of the Reem?
    Yes certainly, I have got many questions about it and a lot of people are missing the episodes. I have talked with Eldar Gross and we both agreed that we are going to continue with the Reem online documentaries. So to answer your question, season 3 will come. I don’t know exactly when but I think that we are going to start filming somewhere in December or so.

It sounds you’re in a great place, maybe we can do a report in the future for mixfight
    Yes, it’s awesome and you guys are more than welcome to come and see it for yourself.

Alistair thanks for this great interview!
    No problem Kevin, anytime my friend.

Last edited by Tony; 31-10-2012 at 19:10.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Chael Sonnen: The only thing bigger than UFC 167 is Wanderlei Silvas forehead

vCash

Super interview!! Alistair en Kevin bedankt!!
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Thanks Kevin! Leuk interview, das geen misselijk waterpistool trouwens..
    En Jezus Christ! Kijk die Dion droog zijn!
    Als ze praten gaat het goed, als ze haten gaat het beter.
    Don't get your hopes up, I'm just the wingman..

vCash

barret 50.cal als ik me niet vergis haha thanks Kevin/Alistair!

vCash

Cool interview! Volgens mij vermaakt AO zich wel daar, goed weer, bloedmooie vrouwen en een cool team om mee te trainen.
    Train for perfection but aim for more

vCash

Ik denk dat Dutchzilans onderhand een betere naam zou zijn?

vCash

Paardenvlees kaliber

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leventdepevent View Post
    barret 50.cal als ik me niet vergis haha thanks Kevin/Alistair!
    zeker weten, heb hem in het goud bij MW3

Leuk interview, zou mooi zijn als Gegard zich er ook bij zou kunnen voegen, blijft toch mijn favo actieve vechter.
    Fedor - Mousasi - GSP - Aoki - Hellboy - Cigano - Alvarez - Wicky - Diaz - Kitaoka
    Signature bet record: 2-0

vCash

Top interview Kevmeister, thanks!

vCash

Very nice thanx...mooie gym ook!

vCash

zozo alistair living the good life.
    ik gun hem hij heeft er hard voor getrained en gevochten
    wat lees ik nou is ie vrijgezel??
    dacht dat hij gelukkig was met zijn blonde zweedse toppertje
    ach ja life en vrouwen 2 ingewikkelde zaken

vCash

erg leuk, tnx Kevin en natuurlijk Allistair
    Exitus Acta Probat
    don`t cry about shit, take ownership!!!
    hard werken,hard trainen en genieten van het leven!!!

vCash

Top interview Kevin, thnx Allistair. Goed om te horen dat de Nederlandse namen niet te onderschatten zijn in het buitenland. Dan doen we het toch goed voor zo'n klein kikker landje.
    "Ronda is the most mentally strong person I know"- Dana White

vCash

Ik vroeg me altijd al af hoe dion het zou doen als ie een paar kilootjes lichter was. Dus laat maar komen !!

vCash

top interview
    thanks
    "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

vCash

Damn starring ziet er ripped uit!!

vCash

Leuk interview..hopelijk vecht hij snel weer!

vCash

Nice!!

vCash

Top interview! Mooi om te horen dat die het naar zijn zin heeft in Miami.

vCash

nice!!

vCash

waarom in het engels,we zitten hier in nederland plus ik heb niet zo goed opgelet op school.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by R.D.N View Post
    waarom in het engels,we zitten hier in nederland plus ik heb niet zo goed opgelet op school.
    Beter opletten op die mulock ouwe hahahah.
    ik vertaal hem wel voor je van de week.

vCash

Leuke interview. Ik heb al een tijd lang niets van the Reem gehoord dus dit was even handig om te lezen.

vCash

Gaaf interview hij leeft wel het leventje hoor
    "If you have to stop and think, it's too late"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by R.D.N View Post
    google translate
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier