MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rafi View Post
    remy kan het beter bij de sterren dansen op het ijs houden. tegen spong maakt hij geen schijn van kans.
    Nou ik weet het nog zo net niet,Bonjasky heeft een dekking waar je u tegen zegt vergeet dat niet.
    Spong gaat hem sowieso niet k.o slaan denk ik.
    ik ga toch voor Bonjasky.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Ik schrijf Bonjasky zeker niet af , het is een partij die beide kanten kan opgaan ik denk dat de conditie hier een grote factor gaat spelen.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by R.D.N View Post
    Nou ik weet het nog zo net niet,Bonjasky heeft een dekking waar je u tegen zegt vergeet dat niet.
    Spong gaat hem sowieso niet k.o slaan denk ik.
    ik ga toch voor Bonjasky.
    Het wordt een close call.
    Remy geeft inderdaad weinig weg, maar mist de dynamiek en het atletische van een aantal jaar geleden. Spong is lichamelijk sterk als een os, maar maakt veel fouten, waardoor hij altijd kans loopt op een stoot te lopen (zie Corbett, Saki, en in een verder verleden Zeyada).
    Spong is in mijn ogen wel favoriet, al is het alleen al vanwege het vuur dat bij hem nog heftig brandt en bij Remy steeds minder.

Leuke pot

vCash

Still got it: kickboxing legend Remy Bonjasky interview exclusive with MMAmania.com

MMAmania has an exclusive interview with three-time world champion kickboxing legend Remy Bonjasky talking about the loss of kickboxing icon Ramon Dekkers, what he'd like to accomplish in his return and his concerns about Tyrone Spong's growth into the heavyweight division. Get all the dirty details below.

Remy Bonjasky has more than earned his keep in the world of professional kickboxing.
    "The Flying Gentleman" has 40 knockouts in his career which began back in 1995 with a second round knockout ofValentijn Overeem.
    Despite not being filled out physically like most of his peers, Bonjasky would go on to become one of the most renowned super heavyweight kickboxers of all time, winning the K-1Grand Prix Tournament three times in his stories career.
    Many thought he was done for good when Bonjasky called it quits in 2009 after suffering a very serious health scare which required eye surgery, but with the debut of the Glory kickboxing promotion, he was called back to action after three years away from the sport.
    Bonjasky's return hasn't gone quite as he would have liked with a close decision over Anderson Silva and a rather uninspired performance at the Glory 16 man Grand Prix on New Year's Eve in Japan. He'll have an opportunity to silence any whispers about whether he can still hang with the best in the world in two weeks (March 23, 2013) when the Surinamese-Dutch fighter takes on top-ranked kickboxing prospect Tyrone Spong in the main event of Glory 5 in London.
    The three-time world champion spoke to MMAmania.com about the loss of kickboxing icon Ramon Dekkers, what he'd like to accomplish in his return and his concerns aboutTyrone Spong's growth into the heavyweight division in this exclusive interview.
    Check it out:
    Brian Hemminger: The kickboxing community lost an icon recently in Ramon Dekkers. Did you have any thoughts on his unfortunate passing?
    Remy Bonjasky: He was one of the top stars in the fighting scene so it was a big blow to us all. Looking at his record and all his fights, he was one of the top fighters and also, if you look at his weight class, he was one of the first Dutch fighters who began beating the Thai guys. I was very sad that he passed away.
    Brian Hemminger : Did you have any good interactions with him as you progressed along your career and became a bit of a kickboxing legend yourself?
    Remy Bonjasky: Yeah, when I was young I was looking at his fights and his tape and who he was fighting. He inspired me. When you saw him fighting, you wanted to run into the gym and start training. He was one of the people that it meant something when they were fighting. When you saw him on the poster that he was going to be fighting, you for sure were going to buy a ticket to that event. It's very sad that we lost him at such a young age.
    Brian Hemminger : Well let's switch gears a bit. You're coming off the 16-man Grand Prix where you went 1-1, losing in the quarterfinals. Considering your more patient style, did you feel like you were at a disadvantage early on with the two-minute format and the inability to come back if you lost the first two rounds?
    Remy: Yeah, after you lost two rounds, you could not come back. You already lost. In my opinion, it's not the best system for me. That system is built for people that want to get strong in the first two rounds and only have enough energy for the first or maybe the second round. For me, I'm a slow starter. In the first round I try to look at what's happening, observe, and in the middle of the second round I will start working but at the Grand Prix, by that point the fight is almost over. For me, the system was not the best and it will take some time to adapt.
    Brian: Did it sting a little extra that you were eliminated by Jamal Ben Saddik, a younger fighter who had called you out when you first came out of retirement last year?
    Remy: (laughs) Well these guys are young and sometimes they don't know what they're saying. I'm not the type that's like that. Losing is a part of the game, we all lose in this sport so losing to a guy like that doesn't affect me. He's a youngster. He's new in this game. If he wants to make a name off of me, then make your name. I know what I've done. I know what I've achieved and I don't think he will achieve that.
    Brian: I've read that you feel you're at your best when you're not in a great mood or people doubt you. Can you talk about this place you go to mentally in the weeks leading up to a fight?
    Remy: Well what I feel now is I feel like I'm the underdog and I feel like I'm better the more people tell me I'm not going to win. People never thought I'd win the K-1 Grand Prix once and I won it three times. They never thought I'd win against Ernesto Hoost or any other big fighters. That's what makes me stronger in everything I do. It makes me train more and even harder. Even though I was a three time champion, still people think I'm the underdog. That's good for me.
    Brian: Is that what you meant in the Glory 5 promo where you said you still had something to prove in London?
    Remy: Yeah yeah. I'm gonna prove to people that even though I'm the underdog, I'll fight like I'm the one they thought would win all along.
    Brian: Do you feel like you need a big win over someone like Spong to make this return from retirement a success?
    Remy: Yeah because I fought the first fight against Anderson Silva and it wasn't the best fight since I was recovering from injury. And then I fought in the tournament and didn't have my best fight either. But this fight, fighting one big fight against a top opponent would be perfect for me with my comeback.
    Brian: I read something interesting from one of your recent interviews where you mentioned Tyrone Spong growing into the heavyweight division and his "special diet." It seemed like a not-so-subtle insult towards how he got as big as he did. Can you expand on that?
    Remy: I don't know what they eat. I don't know what they train but the only thing I know is when I was 17-18 years old, I was already 90 kilos. I'm talking about myself, I'm proven natural. I don't know what these guys are eating or what these guys are using but you see some went from 80-90 kilos and you see them after six months they're 110 and that's not natural. That's what I think. That's what I believe. That's not natural. Something has been done for him to make him that heavy and that big. He's not a real natural heavyweight. If he wants to do that to his body, then let him do it.
    Brian: Do you think him not being a natural heavyweight will be an advantage for you since you've been fighting at the same weight for practically you're entire career?
    Remy: All my life I've been a natural heavyweight. All my life I've fought at 105 kilos. I'm a natural heavyweight so I think he has to adapt to my weight and being in this weight he will not be as comfortable as me.
    Brian: Before accepting this fight against you, Spong fought in mixed martial arts for theWorld Series of Fighting promotion. What do you think about him also competing in MMA and how it could affect his performance in kickboxing?
    Remy: I've seen the fight but it wasn't really an interesting fight because he was fighting an opponent that, I don't know this guy. He didn't look like he wanted to fight. Again, I don't have much of an opinion on that fight because it wasn't really a fight. I look at that fight and I think anyone would take that fight. Look at all the top fighters, even not MMA fighters. Any kickboxer could have taken that fight because the guy didn't even want to fight. It wasn't a real fight. Anybody could win that fight.
    Brian: So do you think your experience in the tournament against elite kickboxers will be better preparation for you compared to his MMA fight?
    Remy: Maybe, but he's been more active than me. He didn't stop training, didn't stop fighting like I did for three years from 2009-2012 so that could be to his advantage. But looking at my experience, I'm still confident.
    Brian: I'd also like to talk about your goals. In coming back from retirement, do you still have that same fire, the same desire to be a world champion? A victory over Spong would propel you into the Glory heavyweight title picture.
    Remy: Yeah, fighting now for the title again, the Grand Prix, it's a long way to go. I have to be focused first on Tyrone, beating Tyrone and then the next step but I think if I defeat him, people will really see me as having come back. If I don't win this fight, it won't be good for me.
    Brian : When you're picturing this fight in your mind, how do you see it playing out?
    Remy: I think it's going to be a fantastic fight. He wants to win, I want to win and I don't think it will last the whole three rounds. It's gonna be a war.

vCash

Het valt me trouwens op dat de kaartverkoop met nog 11 dagen te gaan toch wat tegenvalt en het nog lang niet uitverkocht is. Er zijn tot nu toe ongeveer 2000 kaarten verkocht... Dus als iemand nog een kaartje wil kopen er zijn nog volop kaarten beschikbaar en dat kan hier: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F004A27A68E3319
    Last edited by rollermanskunk; 12-03-2013 at 19:29.

vCash

Is dat tot nu toe niet bij alle Glory evenementen zo geweest, dat het wat leeg was?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turboknecht View Post
    Is dat tot nu toe niet bij alle Glory evenementen zo geweest, dat het wat leeg was?
    Ja, behalve Stockholm en Tokyo de rest (Moskou, Brussel, Rome) was niet echt goed bezocht.

vCash

nou de kaarten van 200 pond zijn allemaal weg

vCash

Jammer man.. geen wedkantoor

(was toch leuk)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by micha View Post
    nou de kaarten van 200 pond zijn allemaal weg
    Ja klopt alle dure kaarten zijn uitverkocht, nog wel heel veel "goedkope kaarten" verkrijgbaar.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rollermanskunk View Post
    Ja klopt alle dure kaarten zijn uitverkocht, nog wel heel veel "goedkope kaarten" verkrijgbaar.
    Ik moet zeggen dan zit je wel tussen mensen die echt armoedig zijn. Ik heb het over mensen die weken niet gegeten hebben, waar de tenen uit de schoenen prikken, noem het maar op. Ik heb vreselijke taferelen gezien toen ik bij de goedkopere zitplaatsen zat en ik raad het dan ook niet aan. Ik ben twee keer bestolen op weg naar de WC, en moest één keer iemand redden die op het punt stond zich van het leven te beroven. Hij kon het niet meer aan, en ik begreep hem, ik begreep hem en dat was de reden waarom hij niet sprong.Terwijl de rijke mensen genieten van de wedstrijden, is het kommer en kwel daarachter. En niemand die het kan schelen, niemand.

Als je echt van vechtsport houd is het te doen, anders zou ik zeggen, denk er goed over na voordat je de beslissing neemt.
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rollermanskunk View Post
    Het valt me trouwens op dat de kaartverkoop met nog 11 dagen te gaan toch wat tegenvalt en het nog lang niet uitverkocht is. Er zijn tot nu toe ongeveer 2000 kaarten verkocht... Dus als iemand nog een kaartje wil kopen er zijn nog volop kaarten beschikbaar en dat kan hier: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F004A27A68E3319
    Maar 2000 kaarten verkocht? Dat is schandalig voor zo'n goede line-up!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    Ik moet zeggen dan zit je wel tussen mensen die echt armoedig zijn. Ik heb het over mensen die weken niet gegeten hebben, waar de tenen uit de schoenen prikken, noem het maar op. Ik heb vreselijke taferelen gezien toen ik bij de goedkopere zitplaatsen zat en ik raad het dan ook niet aan. Ik ben twee keer bestolen op weg naar de WC, en moest één keer iemand redden die op het punt stond zich van het leven te beroven. Hij kon het niet meer aan, en ik begreep hem, ik begreep hem en dat was de reden waarom hij niet sprong.Terwijl de rijke mensen genieten van de wedstrijden, is het kommer en kwel daarachter. En niemand die het kan schelen, niemand.

Als je echt van vechtsport houd is het te doen, anders zou ik zeggen, denk er goed over na voordat je de beslissing neemt.
    pijn in m'n buik van het lachen hier... dank u!
    Ik neem voor alles de tijd, maar ik heb geen affiniteit met een gast die m'n fallus en ballen berijdt, das een calamiteit! (Sticky Steez)

vCash

bedankt voor de tip Asura

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post

vCash

Heeft iemand ervaring met het streamen van de evenementen van Glory.
    In het verleden heb ik dat eens gedaan maar het lijkt wel of dit nu lastiger is gemaakt qua betalen enzo?

Weet iemand of het evenement op de 23e wordt uitgezonden door Veronica ofzo ?

http://www.gloryworldseries.com/nl/events/live

vCash

Ik denk persoonlijk dat Remy kansloos zou moeten zijn tegen Spong. Maar jah; Spong is een Blackzillian en die kunnen gewoon niet winnen.

vCash

Ik denk dat Remy niet eens gaat komen opdagen, te bang om af te gaan!

vCash

Nou ik hoop ook dat Spong niet verdwaald is geraakt in die Amerikaanse droom. My hero!

vCash

Het is toch wat met die Blackzillians hè. Weinig mensen lijken er nog vertrouwen in te hebben. Zouden ze er zelf nog in geloven?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fan1976 View Post
    Tuurlijk joh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fan1976 View Post
    ja man. was hij maar net zo een held als jou.

vCash

Ik zie hier meer naar uit dan die K-1 aanfluiting van gisteravond.

Tyrone Spong wins with a TKO round 2

vCash

Ik ben benieuwd of ze het ook zo vol krijgen als die K1 van gisteravond. 17.000 man hadden ze daar zitten.

vCash

Inderdaad wel vreemd. k1 zit de tent bomvol met dramatische partijen en bij glory heb je top en is de zaal leeg. Is kickboxen gewoon dood ?