MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash

Default UFC 167: Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White made the Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks welterweight title bout official last week, and now the highly anticipated fight has a date and location.

According to a report by Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's (June 18, 2013) edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV, the 170-pound title match up will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Nov. 17, 2013.

At this time a venue has not been announced for the card; however, it will likely take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena or the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

White has said for a while now that he wants to bring "Rush" back to "Sin City" for his next fight, and now it's official.

Hendricks earned his shot at the French-Canadian's belt after stringing together six-straight victories inside the Octagon, highlighted by wins over Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, Martin Kampmann and most recently, former interim UFC champion Carlos Condit.

The 29-year-old claims he has an "easy as that" game plan to defeat St. Pierre and once he does, expects that he will have to give an immediate rematch and defeat St. Pierre for a second time.

It was viewed as a possibility that Hendricks was going to get skipped over for a shot at a world championship if St. Pierre opted to participate in a "super fight" with middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

However, since St. Pierre "absolutely knows" that "The Spider" is going to be defeated by Chris Weidman at UFC 162 next month, he is going forward and taking on the next big challenge in his own weight class.

MMAmania.com will have more information on the Nov. 16, 2013, UFC pay-per-view (PPV) fight card as soon as it becomes available.
    BRON

Gaat het er gelukkig toch gewoon van komen ipv zoeken naar een uitdaging in een andere divisie!! Mocht GSP winnen, dan kan ie zwaarder vechten, maar denk dat Hendricks toch wel een goede kans maakt!!
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

mooie pot kan dat worden!
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Wat ik mis in de laatste gevechten om de belt, is dat de challenger vaak weinig risisco durft te nemen.
    Iets wat Melendez en Velasquez wel deden, en wat ook zeker johny hendricks moet gaan doen anders krijgen we weer GSP op de grond bovenop hendricks.

Als Big Rigg die Linkse goed laat wappere zou die wel eens van GSP kunnen winnen
    Last edited by jantje11; 19-06-2013 at 11:33.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jantje11 View Post
    Wat ik mis in de laatste gevechten om de belt, is dat de challenger vaak weinig risisco durft te nemen.
    Iets wat Melendez en Velasquez wel deden, en wat ook zeker johny hendricks moet gaan doen anders krijgen we weer GSP op de grond bovenop hendricks.

Als Big Rigg die Linkse goed laat wappere zou die wel eens van GSP kunnen winnen
    GSP kan alleen op Hendricks (blijven) liggen als Hendricks dronken of KO is........ Mooie pot omdat Hendricks wel naar voren durft te vechten. Kijken of GSP voldoende kan bewegen en scoren om niet op die harde tik te lopen, en/of voor het eerst serieus tegen de mat gegooid te worden........

vCash

Ik hoop op Hendricks, vind die kerel echt geweldig

vCash

Ik ben ook zeker voor hendricks, ook omdat er toch iets nederlands in zit.

Wordt tijd dat GSP is echt gesloopt gaat worden

vCash

Tijd voor een finish voor de belt in die division, hopelijk wint Hendricks met een mooie KO.
    Die decisions van GSP ben ik nou wel klaar mee...

vCash

Jezus... wat ver weg nog :/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chane View Post
    Jezus... wat ver weg nog :/
    Dan hebben ze meer tijd om geblesseerd te raken.

vCash

Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks slotted for Nov. 16, likely as UFC 167

The recently announced title fight between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC) and top contender Johny Hendricks (15-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) now has a date.

The show will headline a pay-per-view on Nov. 16, likely UFC 167.

MMAjunkie previously reported the likely date, and UFC officials confirmed it with Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV.

Although a venue isn't set, the event will take place in Las Vegas, likely at MGM Grand Garden Arena or Mandalay Bay Events Center. Following St-Pierre's latest title defense in March, UFC President Dana White said he wanted the champ's next fight to be in Las Vegas rather than his home country of Canada.

No other fights currently are rumored for the card.

St-Pierre currently is ranked No. 1 and Hendricks No. 2 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA welterweight rankings. Additionally, St-Pierre is No. 3 and Hendricks No. 10 in the pound-for-pound rankings.

Hendricks defeated Carlos Condit in March at UFC 158 and was promised the next title shot. On the same card, St-Pierre topped Nick Diaz in the main event. Diaz had actually jumped the line ahead of Hendricks despite the fact he was coming back from a yearlong suspension and a loss to Condit in his previous outing.

Hendricks, who gets a title shot now two years in the making, now has won six straight fights, which includes impressive first-round knockouts of Jon Fitch and Martin Kampmann. St-Pierre, meanwhile, has defended his title eight consecutive times with 11 straight victories overall. His win over Diaz came after a long layoff due to a knee injury and subsequent surgery.

vCash

ik gun het ze allebei eigenlijk wel

vCash

Default Georges St-Pierre paying for UFC 167 VADA testing out of own purse

LAS VEGAS, NV -- Among all the insults and accusations Nick Diaz hurled at Georges St-Pierre during the lead-up to UFC 158, only one really bothered the UFC welterweight champion.

In the days before their title bout, Diaz lobbed numerous allegations of steroid abuse at St-Pierre. "I believe [St-Pierre] is on plenty of steroids, and I don't think they test around here, either," Diaz proclaimed on Canada's Sportsnet Radio.

"I doubt I'll be tested. I don't care what they're saying or marketing to the media -- and if so, he's probably got a bottle of p--s in his pocket. I doubt they're standing over him making sure he's not on steroids."

Both St-Pierre and Diaz ultimately passed post-fight drug tests, however with the accusation of steroid abuse out there, St-Pierre invited more stringent Olympic-style drug testing to MMA. Now, with the next defense of his belt set for November, St-Pierre is making good on that promise.

"One reporter asked me if I would be willing to be tested. I said yes, I would be willing to be tested with VADA," St-Pierre told MMAFighting.com. "I believe that VADA is the best anti-doping agency in the world. And I'm willing to be tested. You cannot be against [it]."

St-Pierre's UFC 167 dance partner, Johny Hendricks, wasted little time agreeing to St-Pierre's terms, and now the two are slated to undergo VADA testing prior to their winter welterweight clash, all on St-Pierre's dime.

"I'm ready to pay [for our testing] myself, because I'm the champion," St-Pierre said. "All from my purse, I paid for the tests because I'm the champion. That's why I'm ready, I'm ready to do it. That's a point I want to make.

"I wouldn't mind doing it for the rest of my career," he continued. "Of course it sucks. They can come anytime, you have to give your address and then [VADA representatives come] in the morning. It sucks. But it's my sport and it could be an inconvenience of my job, I'll do it no problem."

Ask St-Pierre if Diaz's remarks led him down this current path, and the 32-year-old champ will flatly deny it. He insists Diaz's chatter was always just background noise, and he paid it no mind.

Nonetheless, Hendricks has already been far more measured in his criticism of St-Pierre than the Canadian's former opponent, and it's clear St-Pierre appreciates it.

"The talking never hurt nobody. It comes in one ear and goes out the other," St-Pierre concluded. "I don't care. I don't mind. Johny doesn't need to speak. I know he's a gentleman, and he's a great, skillful athlete. His performances speak for themselves.

"A lot of people accuse me [of taking PEDs]. For me, when they accuse me, I take that as a compliment. I believe they compliment my athleticism. I want to prove also that it's possible to be champion without using drugs, and I know VADA is the most professional, it is the best for that."

vCash

Niemand minder dan de "Gunslinger" John Wayne Parr zal GSP's staande werk trouwens proberen te verbeteren de komende tijd.

vCash

Voorheen deed , JC Skarbowsky dat als het goed is.

vCash

vCash

Ben een GSP fan.... Maar Lance deed dit soort shit ook. Geloof gewoon niet dat er NIET gebruikt wordt op top niveau

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Klopt, die heeft tijdens TUF met zijn zatte harses heel team GSP alle hoeken van de cage laten zien. Maar GSP traint met heel veel mensen. Verder zegt deze test me niet veel, AO deed ook diverse tests die zogenaamd strenger waren dan de standaard tests, en die vonden niets en de NSAC tests wel.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Richelieu View Post
    Niemand minder dan de "Gunslinger" John Wayne Parr zal GSP's staande werk trouwens proberen te verbeteren de komende tijd.
    Dat kan niet anders dan dat zijn staande werk nog beter wordt met JWP erbij.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post

Jeps, wat een figuur was dat he... Stond ie dan met zijn fles wodka lowkicks uit te delen.

Hier een videootje van hem:
    weblog voor producers, artiesten en gear lovers: Zerolatency.nl

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Jeps, wat een figuur was dat he... Stond ie dan met zijn fles wodka lowkicks uit te delen.

Hier een videootje van hem:
    Ja echt een geweldige gast. Persoonlijk vond ik dat een van de leukste tuf momenten.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bladetrinity View Post
    Ja echt een geweldige gast. Persoonlijk vond ik dat een van de leukste tuf momenten.
    Zijn daar beelden van?

vCash

Niet de meest snelle verbinding.. maar begint bij ongeveer 7 minuten.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE0Njk4MzQw.html

vCash

Vitor Belfort vs. Lyoto Machida possible UFC 167 co-headliner – at middleweight

Vitor Belfort and Lyoto Machida could meet in the co-headliner of November's big UFC 167 event, but there's a twist.

Rather than light heavyweight, where Machida (19-4 MMA, 11-4 UFC) has fought and previously held the UFC title, UFC President Dana White would want him to fight fellow Brazilian Belfort (23-10 MMA, 12-6 UFC) at middleweight.

That's the word from Tuesday's edition of "UFC Tonight" and reporter Ariel Helwani.

UFC 167 takes place place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The pay-per-view event, which serves as the UFC's 20th anniversary show, features a headliner between welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and challenger Johny Hendricks. Belfort vs. Machida could take the second spot on the card.

The booking, though, faces some issues. Machida hasn't fought at middleweight, and Belfort said he doesn't want to compete in the division unless he's granted a title shot.

For Machida, who recently dropped a controversial decision to Phil Davis at UFC 163, it could be a possibility. He didn't consider a move to middleweight because the division previously was ruled by friend and training partner Anderson Silva. However, with Silva recently surrendering his belt to Chris Weidman, the former titleholder may now be more eager.

Prior to the Davis fight (which every major media outlet scored for the Machida), he was on a 3-1 run and inching closer to a title shot.

Belfort, meanwhile, recently turned down a planned bout with Tim Kennedy because of his title demands. Additionally, his attempt to call out Chael Sonnen for a non-middleweight bout didn't really go anywhere (largely because Sonnen is scheduled to fight Mauricio Rua at Saturday's UFC Fight Night 26 event). However, the recent middleweight and light-heavyweight title challenger has won two straight and four of his past five. Most recently, he blasted final Strikeforce champ Luke Rockhold with a spinning heel kick and follow-up punches at UFC on FX 8 in May.

vCash

Holding pads for George St Pierre

vCash