MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    vCash

Tja.... de gemiddelde B klasse vechter in Nederland is indrukwekkender op de pads...
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

In de omschrijving staat dat het de eerste keer op de pads is samen. Maar vond het inderdaad ook niet heel indrukwekkend. Maar GSP is dan ook niet echt een top (kick)bokser. Als JWP ook maar 1x half gas zou geven had hij GSP in no time op de mat liggen. Maar daarom is het ook goed dat hij een poging doet om zijn stand-up te verbeteren, vind het alleen vreemd dat het zo slecht lijkt, JC Skarbowsky is toch ook geen pannekoek, hij had al veel verder moeten zijn lijkt me, vooral voor iemand met zijn capaciteiten.

vCash

Zou 't zijn om Hendricks te kloten en 'm de illusie te geven dat hij kan blijven staan met GSP? Om vervolgens zoiets als Koscheck te doen?

vCash

Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald set for UFC 167

A planned welterweight matchup with big implications for the division's title picture is set for this fall.

Several days after UFC President Dana White confirmed that the promotion would book a fight between Rory MacDonald (15-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) and Robbie Lawler (21-9 MMA, 6-3 UFC), MMAjunkie has learned the fight is targeted for UFC 167, a pay-per-view event that takes place Nov. 16 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Following the initial report, UFC officials confirmed the booking.

Both fighters are coming off significant wins and could take a step closer to a title shot with a win, which may or may not put the UFC in an awkward position.

MacDonald, who recently outpointed Jake Ellenberger in a lackluster affair at UFC on FOX 8, has said he will not fight training partner and welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre. He might not have to, however.

St-Pierre headlines UFC 167 against challenger Johny Hendricks, who many believe could be the first person to beat him in six years.

Lawler, who knocked out Bobby Volker with a head kick just prior to MacDonald's win, will do his best to make the issue moot. The former EliteXC champion is surging since rejoining the UFC with the shuttering of Strikeforce earlier this year, earning back-to-back knockouts over such opponents as Voelker and onetime welterweight title challenger Josh Koscheck.

As of late, White has been far more generous in his praise of Lawler than MacDonald, whose performance he blasted following UFC on FOX 8.

"Rory didn't do anything to try and finish [Ellenberger] and put a stamp on it and make a statement, not only to the world, but to the guys that are in the division."

Despite his criticism, White is adamant that MacDonald will fight St-Pierre if the opportunity comes.

"If you don't think he wants to be the world champion and make the kind of money that Georges St-Pierre makes, you're crazy, my friend," White told reporters prior to the July 27 event.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Chael Sonnen asks for Wanderlei Silva at UFC 167, White says it's possible

The potential for a Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva fight inched a little closer to reality on Wednesday night, but it apparently will hinge on Silva's health.

Sonnen (29-13-1 MMA, 7-6 UFC), fresh off a big submission win over Mauricio Rua in the main event of UFC Fight Night 26 on Saturday, issued a challenge to his boss, UFC President Dana White, to put the fight against Silva (35-12-1 MMA, 5-7 UFC) together as the co-main event of November's UFC 167 card.

While White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday's "FOX Sports Live," a taped video was played wherein Sonnen, who also works as a UFC analyst for FOX Sports and as co-host of "UFC Tonight," asked White to make the fight.

"Dana, it is no secret that I am the biggest draw and the highest paid athlete in the UFC, and the only person that comes close to rivaling me is Georges St-Pierre," Sonnen said. "And as I see it, in November, when he takes on Johny Hendricks live and in Las Vegas – tickets on sale now – he does not have a co-main event. I ask that you put me and Wanderlei Silva on that card."

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and St-Pierre defends his welterweight title against Hendricks on pay-per-view.

Sonnen also referenced comments Silva made that he would be willing to bet $100,000 on Rua, his fellow Brazilian, against Sonnen. Sonnen submitted "Shogun" with a first-round guillotine choke in the main event at TD Garden in Boston.

"He said last week publicly that he would bet $100,000 on 'Shogun' against me," Sonnen said. "I came out publicly and accepted that bet. He has yet to pay up. I am asking that $50,000 go to the Hire Heroes Foundation headed by Brian Stann and the other $50,000 go to the bombing victims of Boston. I don't know if he's a welcher – I believe he will pay up. But either way, I ask you, Dana White, my plea to you: Please, put this fight together."

For his part, White said it's a fight he would like to make – if Silva is healthy.

"Well, there you go," White said. "We can do that fight. The question, I think, is Wanderlei Silva is out until the beginning of the year. I'm not sure if he's healthy. But if he's healthy, I will definitely make that fight, and I will definitely make it the co-main event."

Silva in March knocked out Stann in the main event of UFC on FUEL TV 8 in Japan. He won both "Knockout of the Night" and "Fight of the Night" bonuses for the performance at light heavyweight.

Sonnen fought Rua at light heavyweight, but did not indicate if he would want a fight against Silva, also a former middleweight, to take place back at 185 pounds, at 205 or at a catchweight.

Silva has bounced between wins and losses the past four years. His return to the UFC in 2007 started with a "Fight of the Year" loss to Chuck Liddell, and after beating Keith Jardine, he dropped fights to Quinton Jackson and Rich Franklin. He rebounded by beating Michael Bisping, but was knocked out by Chris Leben after that. He won "Fight of the Night" for his TKO of Cung Le at UFC 139, won another bonus in a loss to Franklin at UFC 147, and then returned to the win column against Stann.

Sonnen snapped a two-fight skid with his win over Rua. Before that, he had lost a light heavyweight title fight to champ Jon Jones and a middleweight title fight to then-champ Anderson Silva.

vCash

Dat shirt

vCash

Ik denk eigenlijk dat Hendricks de betere wrestler is. Als GSP shoot is een een klein take down en dan een beetje hangen in de guard, maar als Hendricks shoot vliegt die gast helemaal door de lucht heen vaak in side control. Dan nog die enge linker hand van Hendricks. Maargoed GSP geen champ voor niks, erg skilled en ervaren.
    Alistair Overeem is de goat.

vCash

Wandy - Sonnen gaat niet door. Wandy wil ppv knaken en krijgt ie niet. Dana: "So i guess he is retired"

vCash

Former title challengers Josh Koscheck, Tyron Woodley meet at UFC 167 in Vegas

A pair of welterweights with extensive wrestling backgrounds looking for important rebound victories have been booked to meet this fall.

Former UFC title challenger Josh Koscheck (17-7 MMA, 15-7 UFC) will meet former Strikeforce title challenger Tyron Woodley (11-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at UFC 167 in November. UFC officials announced the fight booking on Thursday.

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card, featuring a welterweight title fight between champion Georges St-Pierre and top contender Johny Hendricks, airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Koscheck vs. Woodley is likely to be part of the main card.

Koscheck has dropped two straight fights and will be coming back from an injury that kept him out of a planned bout at UFC 163 against Demian Maia earlier this month. In May 2012, the veteran of the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter" had a two-fight win streak snapped by Hendricks with a split-decision loss. He followed that up with a first-round TKO loss to Robbie Lawler at UFC 157 for the first losing skid of his career.

Woodley, who fought Nate Marquardt for the vacant Strikeforce 170-pound title in July 2012, debuted in the UFC in a big way in February when he knocked out Jay Hieron in just 36 seconds. But in June, at UFC 161, he dropped a split decision to fellow former Strikeforce standout Jake Shields in a fight that was derided for a lack of excitement.

Both Koscheck and Woodley were collegiate All-American wrestlers. Koscheck was a four-time All-American who in 2001 won an NCAA title at 174 pounds for Edinboro (Pa.) University. And Woodley was a two-time All-American and a Big 12 champion at Missouri.

With the addition, the UFC 167 card now includes:
    • Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
    • Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald
    • Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley

vCash

Default UFC 167: Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir

Another noteworthy bout has been added to the UFC's 20th anniversary show, as two heavyweights in desperate need of a win, Alistair Overeem and Frank Mir, will collide Nov. 16, 2013 at UFC 167.
    UFC officials confirmed the match-up Thursday night, following an initial report by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
    Overeem and Mir, both once ranked among the upper echelon in the heavyweight division, now find themselves struggling to stay above water following a recent string of losses.
    For Overeem, (36-13, 1 NC), a former Strikeforce, DREAM, and K-1 champion, the road has been disastrous since serving a nine-month suspension in 2012 for elevated levels of testosterone. "The Reem" snatched defeat from the jaws of victory not just once, but twice, suffering brutal comeback knockouts at the hands of Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva and Travis Browne.
    In contrast, Mir's (16-8) recent three-fight skid has been less devastating, but far more one-sided. The 34-year-old lost a title bid against then-UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos in mid-2012, then went on to be soundly outpointed by Daniel Cormier last April. Most recently, Mir was knocked out in the first round against Josh Barnett, albeit via a polarizing stoppage.
    UFC 167 takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. An updated fight card can be seen below.

• Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
    • Rashad Evans vs. Chael Sonnen
    • Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler
    • Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir
    • Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/5/...m-vs-frank-mir

vCash

vCash

threads bij elkaar gezet
    ===

Nu maar hopen dat AO deze weet te pakken, anders zie ik het somber in voor hem..

vCash

Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
    Rashad Evans vs. Chael Sonnen
    Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler
    Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir
    Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley
    dikke card tot nu toe!
    hopelijk blijft het een keertje ook zo zonder injuries enzo
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Dikke card idd. Heb er nu al zin in!!

vCash

wow, dit zijn wel mooie partijen hoor!
    Erg jammer dat Wanderlei vs Chael niet door is gegaan....
    It's okay to be white

vCash

Wow.

vCash

Op papier is elke wrestler een betere wrestler dan GSP. In de praktijk loopt t meestal anders.
    Ik vermoed dat GSP (en zn team) slim genoeg is om met een gameplan te komen om die linkerstoot te vermijden.
    Ik verwacht dat ze voornamelijk Hendricks zullen uitputten om zo snel het risico op een KO-stoot te verminderen.

En the Reem tegen Mir. Leuke matchup. We hebben gezien Wat Barnett tegen Mir kon doen tegen de kooi. Dat kan Overeem ook zeker doen.

vCash

Zeker!

Mir heeft een matige standup en houdt er niet van om met zijn rug tegen de cage te vechten. Overeem kan goed clinchen, iets waarvan Mir heeft laten niet goed mee om te kunnen gaan. Daarnaast heeft Mir al 3 gevechten verloren. Overeem heeft op alles het voordeel, is favoriet en moet dit kunnen winnen!

Mijn voorspelling is dan ook dat Mir in de eerste ronde Overeem KO slaat.
    Last edited by Jabdealer; 06-09-2013 at 13:47.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jabdealer View Post
    Zeker!

Mir heeft een matige standup en houdt er niet van om met zijn rug tegen de cage te vechten. Overeem kan goed clinchen, iets waarvan Mir heeft laten niet goed mee om te kunnen gaan. Daarnaast heeft Mir al 3 gevechten verloren. Overeem heeft op alles het voordeel, is favoriet en moet dit kunnen winnen!

je bedoelt andersom
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jabdealer View Post
    Zeker!

Lol @ je conclusie

vCash

Het is do or die voor beide heren, zowel voor alistair als mir. De UFC HW divisie is niet bepaald diep dus mocht er eentje verliezen dan zie ik niet snel tegen wie ze anders moeten vechten.

Zoals iemand anders al zei heeft mir vaak problemen met vechters die hem tegen de kooi plaatsen en daar te werk gaan met korte stoten en knieen (zie barnett en carwin).
    Persoonlijk ben ik van beide heren geen liefhebber so may the best man win.

vCash

Wel ironisch dat juist dat clinchen best wel slecht is voor Cees zijn benzinetank. Hij zou Mir natuurlijk prima moeten kunnen hebben, maar na de vorige twee partijen lijkt het me duidelijk dat alles mogelijk is.

vCash

Overeem zal de favoriet zijn ja maar dan nog heeft die een kin van lik mn vesje.

Ik ga ook voor frank mir. Overeem was tegen bigfoot en browne ook favoriet en ging gewoon 2x zwaar neer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Naj85 View Post
    je bedoelt andersom
    Ik denk dat hij precies neergezet heeft wat hij bedoelde, hij verwijst naar ali zijn laatste twee partijen gok ik

vCash

WAR Ali

"I'm going to make you pay for what you've done."
    “Logica brengt je van A naar B, fantasie brengt je overal.”