He thought he'd feel excitement, exhilaration, even relief, but in the minutes after winning the UFC middleweight championship, Chris Weidman admitted that he was already feeling anxiety about defending the crown.

Now, he can look forward to getting back to work.

On Saturday, UFC president Dana White announced on SportsCenter that the rematch between Weidman and Anderson Silva has been signed for Dec. 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The fight will be the main event of a blockbuster show that will also feature a women's championship fight between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate.

White said he finished the deal about one hour before announcing it.

"I'll tell you this: I think this will be the biggest pay-per-view we've ever done," White told MMA Fighting moments after making the announcement.

Weidman knocked out Silva at 1:18 of the second round on a left hook followed by ground strikes. In doing so, the unbeaten 29-year-old became the first man to defeat Silva since 2006.

White said Silva was hungry to get his belt back, and ESPN played a short clip with "the Spider," who said the same.

"My fans in the UFC and my fans in the world and the United States, Dec. 28 I go back to fight, Weidman and Anderson Silva. I'm back. Trust me, I'm back."