MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Default Shane del Rosario in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest

UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario is in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest on Tuesday.

"Shane had a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse at home on Tuesday morning," del Rosario's manager Jason House told MMAFighting.com via a prepared statement. "He was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure. He is currently in the coronary care unit critically ill.

"Our prayers are with him and his family."

No further details about his condition are available at this time.

The 30-year-old fighter is currently at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, Calif. He is no stranger to overcoming adversity as he suffered a herniated disc in a car accident, which derailed his Strikeforce career in 2011. He would fully recover from the injury and fight thus far twice in the UFC.

Del Rosario was scheduled to fight Guto Inocente at UFC 168 next month, however, he pulled out of the fight last week due to a rib injury.

Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

heftig zeg!

vCash

Ja, niet best.

vCash

Idd heftig. Het zit hem ook niet mee de laatste tijd. Schijnt ook dat die auto ongeluk werd veroorzaakt door een dronken vrouw. Hopelijk kan hij herstellen!

vCash

Shane del Rosario in critical condition following heart attack
    Nov 27, 2013 5:43 PM EST
    UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario, 30, suffered a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse on Tuesday morning, and was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the ER, and returned back to stable heart rhythm and blood pressure. He remains in critical condition in the coronary care unit at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, in Newport Beach, California.

“Shane del Rosario had a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse at home on Tuesday morning,” said del Rosario's manager Jason House. “He was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure. He is currently in the coronary care unit critically ill. Our prayers are with him and his family.”
    Del Rosario was scheduled to fight Guto Inocente at UFC 168 on Dec. 28, but was forced out of the contest due to a rib injury less than a week ago. The rib injury is not believed to be related to his current condition.
    The fighter's trainer, Colin Oyama, texted grim news from the hospital.
    "We have a chance," wrote Oyama, adding "albeit a small one."
    Training partner Erik Apple came on the UG and shared further details, including that he was found and perhaps saved by UFC flyweight contender Ian "Uncle Creepy" McCall.
    "He was supposed to fight next months UFC on the 28th," posted Apple. "He's in great shape right now. I was at the hospital yesterday and I will be going back in a few hours. It's very serious and life threatening but there have been positive signs. Ian Mccall found him and possibly saved his life with CPR until the ambulance got there."
    In an interview with Sherdog, Apple offered further information.
    “Yesterday there was very little hope for him to even make it past that day,” said Apple. “It was down to the point where his liver and kidneys weren’t functioning. He was on dialysis. They had to give him the maximum amount of medication that they can, just so they could get his blood pressure at an acceptable level.
    “Since then, he’s actually had some positive signs. No. 1, his kidneys are functioning... he doesn’t have any problems with his organs right now as far as I know. Early this morning they began weaning him of off the blood pressure medication.”
    “He had some response this morning. A nurse said he sort of readjusted himself and turned his head. To me that means his brain is coming back online. If he’s moving and having some kind of reaction those are all positive signs."
    “From what we’re told, if Shane is going to survive, and he’s going to be OK, it would be a big deal."
    Apple also posted on his Instagram earlier today.
    “Yesterday my friend had two heart attacks and he is still fighting for his life. I got to see him last night and hold his hand and I know he isn’t giving up so we shouldn’t either.”
    The sentiment is felt by the entire UG, without exception.
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Lees net dat hij is overleden.

r.i.p.

vCash

Pfff heftig zeg. Zo jong.... rip!

vCash

jesus 30 jaar pas pffff rip

vCash

Meen je niet, R.I.P. Veel te jong.

vCash

Damn, zo jong. R.I.P

vCash

Heftig zeg
    Eng gewoon. Ginty Vrede en Shane del Rosario, twee jonge jongens die in januari 2008 tegen elkaar vechten om de wereldtitel en nu beide zijn overleden aan een hartaanval.

vCash

RIP

Hier het bericht op espn:
    http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/261687.html
    Heavyweight Del Rosario dies

Josh Gross
    November 28, 2013 « Cabaye: I miss playing in Europe | Martinez coy on Dempsey loan move »

Shane Del Rosario was stopped by Stipe Miocic last year © Getty Images Enlarge

Heavyweight Shane Del Rosario has died after suffering sudden cardiac arrest at his home on Tuesday morning.
    Doctors at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, California, modulated Del Rosario's body temperature near 90 degrees Fahrenheit using an Arctic Sun Temperature Management System, in hopes of inducing a therapeutic hypothermia and restarting his body and brain functions. But it was confirmed on Thursday that he has died.
    Del Rosario's coach Colin Oyama posted on Facebook: "The Del Rosario family and I, and all of our family, team-mates and friends thank everyone for their prayers and support. God has a different path for Shane to take and instead has chosen to take Him away from us to be with his forefathers in Heaven. Yet through all of this our Faith in GOD remains unwavering."
    According to a statement released by Del Rosario's family and doctors, the 30-year-old suffered a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse and was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure.
    Sherdog.com reported that UFC flyweight and roommate Ian McCall found Del Rosario. McCall called 911 and administered CPR to Del Rosario.
    Under Oyama's tutelage, Del Rosario stopped the first 11 fighters he faced in MMA competition before being badly injured in April 2011 when a drunken driver struck his car from behind.
    During a 14-month absence, herniated disks prompted contemplation of retirement. Del Rosario fought on and entered the UFC in May 2012, only to get stopped by Stipe Miocic. That was followed by a knockout loss last in December to Pat Barry.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/stor...aQCOMwSfdIV.99

Heavyweight Del Rosario dies

Josh Gross
    November 28, 2013 « Cabaye: I miss playing in Europe | Martinez coy on Dempsey loan move »

vCash

RIP.
    The Outsiders!! J-MMA #1

vCash

UPDATE on del Rosario: I just spoke to his manager Jason House again. He said the doctors are waiting a full 72 hours (which would end tomorrow AM) to see if he responds to the treatment he received. The treatment essentially was they cooled his body down considerably in an effort to revitalize his organs and brain. He has not responded to that treatment, it appears. He has no brain activity right now.

Officially, he is still on life support right now at the hospital. House said, "there is a very, very, very slim chance" he survives. Unfortunately, House said del Rosario would need "a miracle."

The doctors have advised his friends and family to say their goodbyes today.

van ariel helwani's twitter
    hopen op een wonder!!!

vCash

Las t nieuws net op stefan struves facebook.

Zo triest. Laten we hopen op een wonder

vCash

Narigheid.

vCash

Wat wrang zeg, ik heb hem gesproken over het overleden van Ginty Vrede en hoe hij er mee zat omdat hij zijn laatste tegenstander was. Hij is echt een relaxed gast en om dit bericht te horen komt wel aan. Ik hoop toch dat die kleine kans waar ze het over hebben gepakt wordt. Hij is veel te jong om nu gedag te zeggen tegen deze wereld!

vCash

Postte gisterenvroeg al de vraag of hij niet tegen die jonge Nederlandse/Surinaamse kickboxer had gestaan waarvan hij eindelijk eens verloor, maar kwam niet aan. Wow echt diep triest, is het al bevestigd? Kan het niet echt uit de posts hier halen. Zoja RIP

vCash

Wat???? Ik las het net op facebook van Dana White??? dat is echt niet normaal... Damn... een hartaanval op zo'n jonge leeftijd.

vCash

vCash

R.I.P Shane

vCash

RIP. Zo jong zeg.

En het was echt een goede knokker. Niet alleen in MMA, maar ook in muaythai. Ik had hem graag in Glory gezien!

vCash

Hij leeft nog volgens Ian McCall, die zijn huisgenoot is en hem had gevonden. Dat las ik vanochtend althans. Dus dat kan veranderd zijn intussen.
    Last edited by Djani; 29-11-2013 at 19:39.

vCash

Default Shane del Rosario continues to 'cling to life;' family 'still hoping' for a miracle

Shane del Rosario is still on life support in a Newport Beach, Calif. hospital.

A little over three days after he was admitted to Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian after suffering sudden cardiac arrest in his home, del Rosario's manager Jason House says the 30-year-old's family is "still hoping" for a miracle.

"Shane continues to cling to life at Hoag hospital in Newport Beach, Calif.," House told MMAFighting.com via text message. "After arriving at the emergency room in full cardiac arrest on Tuesday morning he was resuscitated to stable rhythm and blood pressure, but has not regained consciousness.

"Doctors believe he may suffer from a rare condition called Long QT Syndrome which is a genetic anomaly that can cause a sudden and life threatening heart rhythm abnormality, and may result in sudden death. Tragically, it strikes healthy young people and often is the first and only presentation of a heart problem."

Here is how MayoClinic.com describes LQTS:

"Long QT syndrome (LQTS) is a heart rhythm disorder that can potentially cause fast, chaotic heartbeats. These rapid heartbeats may trigger a sudden fainting spell or seizure. In some cases, your heart may beat erratically for so long that it can cause sudden death.

You can be born with a genetic mutation that puts you at risk of long QT syndrome. In addition, certain medications and medical conditions may cause long QT syndrome.

Long QT syndrome is treatable. You may need to limit your physical activity, avoid medications known to cause prolonged Q-T intervals or take medications to prevent a chaotic heart rhythm. Some people with long QT syndrome need surgery or an implantable device"

Doctors at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, Calif. modulated del Rosario's body temperature by using the Arctic Sun Temperature Management System, which cools down the body to a hypothermic state in an effort to revitalize the brain and organs. As of Thursday night, del Rosario didn't respond to that treatment.

His doctors wanted to give him 72 hours to fully respond to it, however, as of Friday afternoon, House wasn't sure if that time period had officially come to an end.

On Tuesday, del Rosario suffered from what House described as "catastrophic cardiovascular collapse."

vCash

Pff echt heftig dit.