MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default McGregor vs. Poirier at UFC 178 on September 27

Ask and ye shall fight.
    Saturday Conor McGregor beat Diego Brandao in front of a feverish hometown crowd, and was immediately challenged by Dustin Poirier. McGregor accepted, and now the fight is official for UFC 178 on September 27 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    Both fight are coming off 'of the Night' performances. McGregor of course beat Brandao winning a $50,000 Performance of the Night award on Saturday, pushing his win streak to 11, three in the UFC. Poirier is coming of a Fight of the Night performance vs. Akira Corassani at UFC Fight for the Troops 3 on November 6, 2013. Poirier's fight before that was against Diego Brandao, who he also defeated in the first.
    UFC 178 is headlined by Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson for the UFC light heavyweight championship. McGregor vs. Brandao will undoubtedly be on the main card.
    "Right off the bat I've been fired up about this guy," said Poirier when he appeared Monday on Ariel Helwani's The MMA Hour, as transcribed by Karim Zidan for MMAFighting. "I've been in this division since the WEC merged. I've paid my dues, and I've stayed quiet and busted my ass, day in, day out, won the fights I needed to win, and I've had some tough fights. I feel I need to be up there. I need to be up there where people are talking about me. His name and the featherweight title should never come out of anybody's mouth. I can't believe the hype he's getting."
    "I want the big fights, the top five guys. I want the title. But these hands are working hands, and sometimes you've got to get them dirty. And I'll go to the back of the line to clean this guy up."
    "To tell you the honest truth, I think I should be fighting Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendes, Cub Swanson again...I should be fighting the top guys. But, I've asked for those fights and haven't got them. So what should I do?"
    "I feel like he's disrespecting the whole featherweight division, and nobody's going to step up and put this guy down and shut him up? The UFC is my house. I built where I'm at from the ground up, man, and nobody's going to come in here walking around talking that trash."
    The UFC 178
    Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson
    Dominick Cruz vs. Takeya Mizugaki
    Tim Kennedy vs. Yoel Romero
    Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier
    Amanda Nunes vs. Cat Zingano
    Brian Ebersole vs. John Howard
    Patrick Cote vs. Stephen Thompson
    Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter
    And Teixeira vs. Davis is a rumored fight for 178 as well. So that card...yeah. Wow.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Leuke card. Kijk er wel naar uit.

vCash

Het is hem gelukt ook. Veel lullen en unranked fighters verslaan en een top 10 tegen over hem te krijgen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ChingChong View Post
    Het is hem gelukt ook. Veel lullen en unranked fighters verslaan en een top 10 tegen over hem te krijgen
    Maar de hamvraag is hoe zou je anders een top 10 vechter moeten verdienen? Als je unranked fighters blijft verslaan kom je uiteindelijk wel tegen top 10 te staan, lijkt me logisch.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LightHeavyWeight View Post
    Maar de hamvraag is hoe zou je anders een top 10 vechter moeten verdienen? Als je unranked fighters blijft verslaan kom je uiteindelijk wel tegen top 10 te staan, lijkt me logisch.
    Als hij nou won van de nr 12 of 14 ofzo en dan een top 10 (8 ofzo) kreeg, was het wel logisch. Maar hij is er een jaar uit geweest versloeg een unranked fighter en krijgt direct de nr 6.
    Zo logisch
    (>.<)

vCash

Dat word een nachtje doorhalen Gister trouwens nog een leuke docu zitten kijken waar poirier een hoofdrol in heeft.. Fightville heet het, staat op netflix (wel een oude dus ieeedereen heeft hem al gezien)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ChingChong View Post
    Als hij nou won van de nr 12 of 14 ofzo en dan een top 10 (8 ofzo) kreeg, was het wel logisch. Maar hij is er een jaar uit geweest versloeg een unranked fighter en krijgt direct de nr 6.
    Zo logisch
    Wat een onzin. Poirier zijn laatste 2 partijen waren tegen Corassani en Brandao. Hoor ik je toch ook niet over klagen dat deze beide niet geranked waren? Hiernaast is Brandao dezelfde unranked fighter, die McGregor net naar het canvas heeft geslagen. Met Holloway en Brandao en Brimage heeft McGregor 3 solide winstpartijen binnen de UFC. Want mannen als Nick Lentz en Dennis Siver hebben iets meer overwinningen maar qua kaliber gewoon hetzelfde.