MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Jullie weten wat Travelers of Pikeys wordt, op Nederland? Bare Knuckle boxing

Ik deze alvast getypt op Engels zoo.....

Ik was heel voorzichtig over deze plaatsing op een Engels website, maar ik ben veilig op een Nederlands site ik denk. Als hieronder, ik was bang over de mensen dat ik nu trainen met, het zien deze bericht, maar ik denk dat ze zullen niet kijken op deze forum.

Antwoorden op Engels of Nederlands, wat je wilt.

Het wordt een goed lezen, als je wilt oefening jou Engels.

First off, I'm weary as hell posting this cause, the guys I'm training with- I don't want them to see it.

I normally post on the Underground, but I'm not sure if they view that website, and I don't want them to see it basically.

This is more localized so, perhaps there's a smaller chance they would see it - I hope.

I say, "considering", cause the guys I'm training with for it, well, they're, how you say..... pikeys.

I just moved back home to this small town, having been in Holland, and I wanted to keep up with some training.
    I found a nice gym to lift weights at, and there's a bag hung there too, so I can get my bag work in.

Then,I have to travel a bit, but I found a wrestling gym - so I go there once a week.

Then- I thought I'd build on the wrestling base with some gymnastics.
    No gymnastics locally, but I did find a cheer leading club, where I can use gymnastic equipment - so going there once a week at the moment,but I'm not sure the coach is gonna continue to allow me to go cause,their competition season is coming up and, I'm not a part of that team.
    Plus,the coach is a chick in her 30's - not particularly good looking -and I think she let me train with them (I don't pay the fees), cause she thought she might get some off me.
    But I've given her the vibe I'm not down for that - so.... yeah, we'll see what happens.

Anyways- there was a new boxing club that opened up in this small town, so I checked that out.

Within the first minute of walking in the door, the coach had my number and was making phone calls, lining up sparring seasons for me, and organizing matches I would be having.

BeforeI went there, I didn't know they were pikeys.

Anyways- we have to travel to other gyms to get the spars, so the coach has been collecting me at my house and we'd drive to the other gyms in the evenings, or I'd cycle to his house, and we'd drive from there.

Thepoint being, I'm spending a lot of time around these people - which I'm not particularly enthused about.
    Nowyou understand why I don't want them to see this post...

I'm not prejudiced against the travelling community but, fuck it - I mean, I don't want to become like them either. They have quite effrontery behavior, and they seem to make a concerted effort to speak in tones of jibberish, when I on occasion, I've heard them being perfectly articulate.

Anyways- I have been getting good sparring with them.
    Their actual training is rather basic, fitness work, hitting the bag and circuit training - they don't do much in the way of technique drills,which I was used to and found very beneficial coming from the Dutch gyms.

BUT- by example, last night, I sparred the coach.
    He dropped me in the second round, but I'm came back hard after, and pretty much beat him and hurt him in the final round.
    I mean, a part of me knows, he wanted to spar me just to beat me - and he tried to end the spar after he dropped me, but I insisted we continue.

I could tell there was a bit of resentment.
    Basically,I'd much rather train with everyday normal folk but, where I'm at at the moment - I don't have access to that.
    The other coach at the gym we went to, was totally sucking up to the guy- I don't know why; I don't know what they potentially have their big toe stuck in but, it was like a throw back to high school days and dudes acting like Billy Bad Ass's, except with grown men.
    Absolutely not up my alley.

BUT,guys at the club do take bare knuckle fights and, they say there's good money it.
    Moreover, the coach said my style is perfectly suited to bare knuckle, as I'm movement heavy, and I don't take a lot of shots, i.e. don't get cut open.

So,I think I've an amateur bout with them in January, and we'll take it from there.

Basically,really what I want out of this thread is, experiences of others who might have been in similar positions.
    Did any of you guys ever train with these folks?
    And how did it work out?
    Am I correct to be weary?

Cause,to be honest, it just feels a little uncomfortable.
    I was raised completely different, with a different set of values and behaviors so, maybe I'm just not used to it.
    Last edited by Zaher Thomas; 15-12-2015 at 20:04.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight