MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Wanderlei Silva interview

Brazilian magazine 'Tatame' recently interviewd Vanderlei Silva. Here's what Arona had to say (interview by Eduardo Ferreira):

Tatame: You will now face Quinton Jackson for a second time in the PRIDE ring. How is your preparation going?

Vanderlei: I've never had such good sparring as I'm having now. The guys are hitting me a lot and I am bruied all over. My face is almost healed (laughs). I'm feeling super good about winning.

Tatame: What are you expecting this time?

Vanderlei: I expect this to be the last fight against him (laughs). I'm prepared to punch him for all 20 minutes, but I'm going for the knock out.

Tatame: Quinton is now following a religious path and says that he has changed a lot...

Vanderlei: The guy needs to do just that. Staying on the wrong path won't get him anywhere.

Tatame: Ricardo Arona told us during an interview that regardless of who wins on October 31st, that the middleweight belt will be in the wrong hands...

Vanderlei: He's a good athlete. Everybody wants to be the champion, but you've got to fight for it. He's still very young and has a lot to learn. Arona needs to put down the violin and get a hold of his little sack. What he should be worried about is when he's in front of me and I spank him like a child.

Tatame: DSE is thinking of staging another Middleweight Grand Prix for next year. You are the reigning GP champion. Do you have any interest to fight in next year's GP?

Vanderlei: I hope to be invited to fight in the upcoming Middleweight GP. If I am called, I will fight for sure. I look at fighting as my profession, and I take that very seriously. I want to always be fighting.

Tatame: What about a fight against Randy Couture, will it happen or not?

Vanderlei: I don't know, but I would face him anywhere. It could be in the octagon or the ring, but I wan't to fight him. I'm feeling good to fight standing or on the ground, and Couture doesn't know how to do a good guard. In the fight against Belfort, he neutralized Belfort's game and did his job. Vitor lacked movement.

Tatame: Evangelista Cyborg will face Yuki Kondo in Pancrase. You quickly bulldozed Kondo in your last fight. Did you have any advice for Cyborg?

Vanderlei: I don't know much about Kondo. I knew he had done good fights, but I only watched parts of his fight against Ze Mario Sperry. The truth is that he puts on a spectacular show, and so does Cyborg. What I told Cyborg is that he needs to go forward and throw many kicks to Kondo's face until he knocks him out.

Tatame: Send a message out to your fans...

Vanderlei: I'd like my fans to root hard for me so that the belt continues to stay in Brazil. I never do anything without giving my all. I'm going to sweat for this win, and if I have to give blood, then I'll give it.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Hij klinkt erg gemotiveerd, hij gaat Rampage weer vernederen

={Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum}=
    ={It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog}=
    ={Talk softly but carry a big stick}=