MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Contender Rematch: Gilbert vs. Lange *** Spoiler ***

Gilbert smokes Lange in three!
    http://www.fightbeat.com/judgejake/JOEYGILBERT2.php
    By Joon Lee

It was supposed to be sweet revenge for Jimmy Lange and the 6000 plus fans at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia. Someone forgot to tell Joey Gilbert. In this much-anticipated “Contender� rematch, Gilbert once again proved superior – much more emphatically this time: a third-round TKO.

From the opening bell, Lange utilized his reach and speed to measure his jab from the outside.

He was affective but got clocked with a nasty Gilbert overhand right that sent him to the canvas. He beat the count, but was wary, as Gilbert bum-rushed him for the kill in the last seconds before the bell.

Lange tried to recuperate and box in the second round, and did enough to win the round. Gilbert continued to pressure him, showing a newly improved defense.

In the third, Gilbert went to the body before cornering Lange against the ropes. Lange tried his best to slip and dodge, but Gilbert was relentless. He unleashed a series of unanswered combinations to end the fight.

With the win, Gilbert claims the vacant NABO middleweight crown.
    "The crowd got to me a little bit,� said the Reno native, who walked into the ring greeted by the booing of Lang fans. Lang, on home territory, was greeted like Arturo Gatti in Atlantic City.

Trainer Dan Birmingham has crafted Gilbert’s defense a la Winky Wright – hands high -- and sharpened his arsenal since the reality show. Gilbert’s gone from a face-first brawler to a methodical, pressure boxer-puncher.

"We had Joey get up at 6:30 in the morning… at the gym at 8:00… just work on defense many days. I tried to give him Wink's defense, and he executed in the fight,� said the back-to-back trainer-of-the-year, who also coaches Jeff Lacy.

In what was expected to be a competitive 12-rounder was a blowout. Could it have been the weight? Lange, who’s comfortable at 154, moved up to 160 for the first time. Gilbert looked a full-fledged middleweight. He had to pare down to 160.

"He (Lange) was fighting a light heavyweight, Gilbert said after the fight. “ trained very hard to get to 160. My punches were very powerful. The game plan was exercised almost perfectly." Gilbert improves to 12-1, 9KOs.

Lange offered no excuses, but agreed that 160 wasn't his weight. "I moved up just for this fight. I'm a 154 pounder,� he said. "It's back to the drawing board. "
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Supervet vond hem ook 1 van de tofste van de hele contender series misschien wel DE tofste!!

vCash

joey gilbert vink een strakke vechter, dit vraagt om een filmpie
    I've seen chaos and order reign supreme
    I've seen the beauty of the universe
    so peaceful and serene
    in seconds turn to violence and screams

vCash

hij was oke!!

vCash

Ja das inderdaad waar nick, nou ben ik ook nieuwschierig naar de beelden maar ik kom steeds maar niet op die mma tracker, iemand hier nieuws over? Ik kan niet gebanned zijn want mn ratio was goed (heb het hier over mma-tracker.hn.org)?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Arjan
    Ja das inderdaad waar nick, nou ben ik ook nieuwschierig naar de beelden maar ik kom steeds maar niet op die mma tracker, iemand hier nieuws over? Ik kan niet gebanned zijn want mn ratio was goed (heb het hier over mma-tracker.hn.org)?
    Heeft een ander adres, tjek je pm.

vCash

Mijn dank is groot