MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Default HELP GET SPONG VS CORBETT IN JAMAICA WITH ELBOWS !!!

we doing our bit here from Australia

can you guys do the same ?

http://www.sportzblitz.net/Forum/top...TOPIC_ID=15587
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

also with elbows would corbett lose, but you are wright, it should be with elbows, then it would be great, and then nobody will say that spong won because it was without elbows !

op de vot dermit

vCash

Why should we??

Nathan whants with elbows because thats his game... But he also wants to be in the K1... Tyrone is a K1 rules fighter so let him try to beat Ty on those rules...

Elbows cause cuts what could only lead to a early stoppage of a long anticipated match...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Why should we??

Nathan whants with elbows because thats his game... But he also wants to be in the K1... Tyrone is a K1 rules fighter so let him try to beat Ty on those rules...

Elbows cause cuts what could only lead to a early stoppage of a long anticipated match...
    Alot of cuts in the Showtime kickboxing event this weekend.

I have never heard Corbett quoted as saying he wants to be in K-1. From what I know (no inside info), he wants a better quality of opponent.
    Anyway, your argument can be used the reverse way for Corbett.
    Also, every other fight on this card is a Muay Thai fight, why shouldn't this one be that way? Corbett has proven himself champion with FTR. I personally feel its fair that for someone to claim a championship against him, it should be in those rules.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gospeljohn View Post

I have never heard Corbett quoted as saying he wants to be in K-1. From what I know (no inside info), he wants a better quality of opponent.
    Also, every other fight on this card is a Muay Thai fight, why shouldn't this one be that way? Corbett has proven himself champion with FTR. I personally feel its fair that for someone to claim a championship against him, it should be in those rules.
    I've never heard Tyrone claim a championship from Nathan to be honest..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Drew View Post
    we doing our bit here from Australia

can you guys do the same ?

http://www.sportzblitz.net/Forum/top...TOPIC_ID=15587
    Welcome @ Mixfight.nl Dynamite Drew. I think it's better to support you're fellow Aussie JWP in his fight on Full MT regels against Buakaw Por Pramuk. The fight between Spong and Corbett is signed without the use of elbows!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Why should we??

Deels heb je gelijk Jarno. Zowel Spong als Corbett willen de K1 in zien te komen en zijn de laatste tijd in gewicht gestegen! Het Champions of Champions II gala te Montego Bay valt onder de auspitien van de WMC. Van de tien wereldtitelpartijen die er staan zullen er negen op FMT regels worden gevochten. Alleen voor Spong / Corbett is een gentlemans agreement afgesproken. Zie ook onderstaande quote van promotor Clifton Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton Brown
    Spong & Carnage are Fighting for a WMC M.A.D Belt (Muay Thai Against Drugs) and the UN Cup. The M.A.D campaign is part of the WMC program using MT to keep children in school and outta trouble...
    Yes the fight is without Elbows, and I know everyone has their opinion on this, but trust me when I tell you, it was not an easy match to negotiate. Let's be happy it's finally happening...
    Last edited by Richelieu; 17-05-2009 at 13:00.

vCash

thanks Richelieu

i have been a member here for awhile now

not speaking dutch , i dont post much, its a dutch forum and and dont want to be disrespectful by asking for many/all posts to be in english

i think JWP will absolutely smash Buakaw

Spong VS Corbett far more interesting

the reason i posted originally is that besides every other fight being with elbows , is that Spong has often said of his love for Muay Thai and if he loves it so much , then why not fight it ?

vCash

Volgens mij heeft Nathan Corbett geen K-1 aspiraties omdat hij doorheeft dat hij daarvoor te klein en licht is. Hij heeft een keer tegen een echte zwaargewicht gestaan, Alex Roberts, en dat liep niet goed af. Nathan is een echte nakmuay die bijna altijd op Thaise regels vecht. Zoals bijna alle evenementen op deze regels zijn in Oceanie. In Nederland hebben we tig bonden en deze hebben elk weer aparte eigen regels die ergens tussen k-1 en muaythai zwerven. Internationaal zie je dat men of op K-1 bezig is of op muaythai. Dat zijn twee hoofdstromingen. Nederland is nogal sceptisch over ellebogen (vroeger ook over knieen naar het hoofd) hoewel wij enkele van de beste en wellicht de beste farang nakmuay ooit hebben gehad (Ramon Dekker).

Tyrone heeft ook weleens op ellebogen gevochten. Tegen Kaoklai weet ik niet maar wel tegen Yodchai Vor Petchpun, die hij in de 1e ronde KO mepte. Overigens lijkt het me niet verkeerd om niet alleen op de K-1 te gokken maar ook op de internationale muaythai wereld. Dit kan heel veel lucreatieve gevechten opleveren voor Tyrone. (zie nu bv Jamaica) Zeker als hij Nathan Corbett op zijn eigen regels eruit haalt.

YouTube - nathan corbett vs alex roberts muay thai carnage
    Enjoy yourself it's later than you think
    Enjoy yourself while you're still in the pink
    The years go by as quickly as you wink
    Enjoy yourself enjoy yourself It's later than you think

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gospeljohn View Post

I'm with godboy... FMT rules would be more interesting, plus it would exclude the possibility of excuses on both sides.

Bring it on!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NielsN View Post
    I'm with godboy... FMT rules would be more interesting, plus it would exclude the possibility of excuses on both sides.

Bring it on!
    haha (Godboy - 'memories of Ned Flanders as a school teacher')

vCash

Yeah!!! Elbows!!!

vCash

Again this bs? Sometimes it's time to move on. And Spong is moving on. Come on, he had his change when Spong passed his weightclass. Now he woke up and suddenly he wants to fight. Good luck with nathan and his 0 opponement FMT weight class show.

vCash

Elbows please and this has nothing to do with K-1 or kickboxing. It's sanctioned by the WMC hence it does NOT make any sense fighting without elbows - kind of like FIFA football without being allowed to use both feet!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by larsenator View Post
    Elbows please and this has nothing to do with K-1 or kickboxing. It's sanctioned by the WMC hence it does NOT make any sense fighting without elbows - kind of like FIFA football without being allowed to use both feet!
    What do you know about it newbe?

vCash

There goes my integrity. :/

vCash

Maybe you should be happy they fight without elbows, gives you a good excuse after Corbett loses..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MB667 View Post
    also with elbows would corbett lose, but you are wright, it should be with elbows, then it would be great, and then nobody will say that spong won because it was without elbows !

?

vCash

Lol.
    Just kidding Lars.

vCash

Wel of geen ellebogen??

Vraag is nog eerder moet deze partij wel door gaan. als ik zag wat Spong aan het doen was bij Showtime. Dan hou ik me hart vast wanneer hij tegen Nathan moet. Gaat nog lastig worden. Hij heeft dan voordeel dat Nathan ook zwaarder moet worden en dit in een korte tijdsbestek gaat doen.
    Echter zal dit altijd een twijfel gevecht worden. Wint Spong dan krijg je altijd de... hij(Nathan) moest zwaarder worden.. het was zonder ellebogen..etc...

vCash

Haha, you're always welcome at Mixfight Thomas!
    Last edited by Richelieu; 18-05-2009 at 16:31.

vCash

Yeah i was only kidding Thomas.
    But first you got to learn dutch. Repeat after me:

vCash

I am not sure if a show like this is commonly on tv in Holland, but we are so fortunate that this is going to be on Pay Per View in Australia. Can't wait to see this event.

vCash

Not sure.. if we get lucky one of the main tellie stations will pick up... but prolly we gotta leech of an internet feed

What am I? Flypaper for freaks?!

vCash

Full muay thai!

vCash