PDA

View Full Version : Vitor *spoiler*

Wheelie
26-08-2004, 11:46
Belfort indignated on UFC's decision

Indignated on UFC decision, Vitor Belfort expects, at least, a rematch against Randy Couture at one of the upcoming editions of the american event. The brazilian considers the headbut was fundamental for his loss and thinks that the referee has taken too much time to call the doctor. "The referee didn't even realize that I had gotten a headbut. When I argued at him, he said he thought that the cut has been caused by a punch. There was no way a jab like that would do that damage", complains Belfort.

Acording to Vitor, the fight should got called "no contest". "For the UFC rules, a fight must be declared no contest when a headbut brings any damage for the opponent. And that is what happened! At last fight, I've cut his eyebrow with a stroke. But this time, it was completely different!". Asked about a possible fight against Tito Ortiz at december, Vitor says: "what I want is to fight Coutore. When he asked, I imediatly granted him a rematch. I wanna see if he's gonna do the same thing now".

treskaliber
26-08-2004, 11:55
Zou wel fair zijn en feitelijk heeft hij gewoon gelijk, denk maar aan Mino vs Fedor....
Maarrrrr of die Amerikanen dat doen...tsja..., ik geloof het niet

Wheelie
26-08-2004, 12:01
TATAME: You claim that the judge should have stopped the fight right after the headbutt...
Vitor: But of course! I took a headbutt and the judge only called the doctor after a very long time. What's worse is when i was beginning to get back into my game, and make a fight, the doctor decided that I shouldn't be allowed to continue! This is absurd! If they wanted to stop the fight because of the cut, they should have made that decision in the second round. Not during the intermission between the third and the fourth, when I was beginning to fight back! It seemed that they didn't want me to win... After the judge told me that he didn't see that the cut was caused by the headbutt....but the jab (of randy's) couldn't possibly have done anything to me.

TATAME: One week before, in Pride, the fight between Minotauro and Fedor was stopped and ruled a No Contest because of an accidental headbutt, a headbutt that opened a cut on the eyebrow of the russian. Do you think that the UFC should have down the same?

Vitor: Of course! This is in the rules of the UFC that if a cut happens because of an involuntary headbutt, the fight should be declared a no contest. And that is what happened. The only difference is that Pride follows their own rules and the UFC doesn't.

TATAME: It seemed as though you were very defensive in that fight, walking backwards a lot, and not letting your hands go as you have in the past. Was it that you had too much respect for Couture?

Vitor: No....I had problems also in the last week of training at Big Bear. My ex-trainer in Muay Thai began to cause a series of problems and brought a lot of negative energy to the team. This made me very unmotivated. On top of this, during the fight, my corner was very messed up (bagunca is something like a "big fucking loud mess") Each one would say something different and I had trouble understanding anything at all. But when one errors, it's important to see the problems and correct them.

TATAME: And the future? There is talk of you saying you are coming back in december to fight Tito Ortiz? You don't want revenge against Randy?

Vitor: At this time, the UFC does not want to give me many options, but it makes sense that I want revenge against Randy. I talked with Randy soon after the fight and he told me that he would fight whoever UFC put in front of him. The other time, when he lost to me, they gave him a rematch immediately. I want to see now if he'll do the same for me. About Tito Ortiz, I would lik eto fight him. I don't like his "way" (jeito = "way", probably meaning how he acts).

Tsuki
26-08-2004, 12:16
Eerlijk is eerlijk een "per ongeluke kopstoot" hoort een no contest te zijn maar als je de partij gezien hebt dan kan je wel vaststellen dat Vitor wel door vocht met de cut en dat hij gewoon zwaar de mindere was. Couture domineerde de hele partij dus als de ref de partij niet gestopt had dan had couture alsnog op zeker gewonnen.

vind dat chuck nu weer een kans op titel mag maken of couture tegen vanderlei.

vitor heeft verloren en mag weer achter in het rijtje aansluiten zoals chuck dat ook mocht doen nadat hij van Couture had verloren.

Mike
26-08-2004, 13:26
ik vind dat vitor zich wel laat kennen

het ligt aan de scheids , aan zn ex muay thai trainer en ook nog eens aan zn corner die niet te verstaan was....

zou het eventueel ook een klein beetje aan vitor zelf kunnen liggen ? Of aan de klasse van randy? Nou weet ik natuurlijk niet of dit interview echt klopt maar hij komt over als een slechte verliezer zo. Jammer

Ronald
26-08-2004, 14:40
Maar in de kern heeft hij wel gelijk toch...

Fasada
26-08-2004, 15:29
Wat ik van Marco had begrepen is dat er pas sprake is van No contest wanneer er geen sprake is van opzet en dat de wedstrijd niet over de 50% mag komen van de totale wedstrijd minuten.

In dit geval was dus een No contest niet op zijn plaats omdat men al over de 50% van de wedstrijd was...

Terecht uitslag en moet ook zeggen dat ik Vitor erg teleurstellend vond vechten.

Als je hem vergelijkt in de periode's van Tank Abott dan zie je veel meer snelheid en gedrevenheid op 1 of ander manier vind ik.

Het kan ook zijn dat Randy Couture gewoon er voor had gezorgd dat Vitor niet in zijn spel kon komen....

Wheelie
26-08-2004, 19:32
Ik denk dat laatste :wink:

Dennis
26-08-2004, 19:46
Als DIT een no contest had moeten zijn, dan had het vorige gevecht er ook zeker een moeten zijn. Die duurde nog geen minuut

Virus
26-08-2004, 20:00
Als DIT een no contest had moeten zijn, dan had het vorige gevecht er ook zeker een moeten zijn. Die duurde nog geen minuut
Klopt... Maar dat was geen kopstoot maar een rechter hoek...

Dennis
26-08-2004, 21:47
Dus bij een toegestane actie win je op TKO en bij een onrechtmatige actie/ ongeluk zou het een No Contest moeten zijn als nog niet 50% van de tijd verstreken is?

Mike
27-08-2004, 02:03
Maar in de kern heeft hij wel gelijk toch...

een beetje wel

maar ik vind dat je als verliezende vechter niet zo moet uitlaten. Randy kan er niks aan doen en het komt imo niet erg sportief over. Hij had namelijk kwa vechten echt niets in te brengen tegen randy en dat lag niet aan die kopstoot.

Virus
27-08-2004, 02:07
Dus bij een toegestane actie win je op TKO en bij een onrechtmatige actie/ ongeluk zou het een No Contest moeten zijn als nog niet 50% van de tijd verstreken is?
Correct...! :wink:

Ronald
27-08-2004, 08:39
Toch vind ik het jammer dat Vitor verloren heeft..

Randy is een superatleet maar hoewel hij erg dedicated is spreekt zijn stijl me helemaal niet aan.
M.a.w. bijna elke wedstrijd van hem is hetzelfde (jaaaa critics kom maar op :P)
Takedown-vastzetten tegen het hek-GnP 5x5 minuten :roll:
D4n = correct. Echt aansprekend vind ik het meestal ook niet. Wie van jullie heeft eigenlijk van de partij genoten?

Mike
27-08-2004, 13:41
genoten is een groot woord maar ik vond het wel een leuke partij. Komt omdat ik randy ook graag zag winnen. Ik geef toe dat er weinig spektakel was maar dat wist ik van te voren al. Bovendien bood de rest van UFC 49 meer dan genoeg KO's :thumbs:

Wheelie
28-08-2004, 13:02
http://www.mmaweekly.com/

Randy Couture told MMAWeekly this morning "If Vitor wants a rematch I will give it to him tomorrow. It's not up to me it's up to the UFC. As far as the headbutt I didn't see one and didn't feel one. I believe it was a left hook that split him open not a headbutt. I think it's ridiculous that was the reason he lost the fight if that is what he said. I thought it was the 50 unanswered blows that I connected with not a headbutt. Don't know why he wants to say that, but if he wants a rematch I would be more than happy to give him a rematch