PDA

View Full Version : gitarist van Pantera op podium doodgeschoten?!?!?!?!

chief108
09-12-2004, 13:37
12/09/04 Reports are coming in from Columbus, Ohio, where an alleged shooting occurred at Alrossa Villa, the nightclub where Damageplan was performing tonight. The earliest reports indicate that Dimebag Darrell and one other band member were among those killed.
The following is posted at the Web site of WCMH TV Channel 4, the NBC affiliate in Columbus at http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html (video report here)

At Least 5 Dead, 2 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
Witnesses: Alleged Guman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots

POSTED: 10:32 pm EST December 8, 2004
UPDATED: 1:40 am EST December 9, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Road.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Columbus police Sgt. Brent Mall said the alleged gunman appeared to be targeting the band members. After shooting at the stage, the gunman opened fire on the crowd. At that point, an officer shot man dead, Mall added. Police said there could have been many more fatalities had the officer not killed the gunman.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. Witnesses said that a bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed.

NBC 4 reported that of the surviving victims, one person was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, NBC 4 reported.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

CNN.com has also posted the following article which includes eyewitness accounts:

Gunman kills 4 at Ohio nightclub
Police officer shoots suspect to death
Thursday, December 9, 2004 Posted: 2:12 AM EST (0712 GMT)

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CNN) -- A gunman opened fire Wednesday night during a heavy metal concert in Columbus, killing four people -- including at least one member of the band -- and critically wounding at least two others before a police officer shot and killed him, according to Columbus police.

The attacker leapt onstage as the group, Damageplan, performed, and began "targeting members in the band," Sgt. Brent Mull said.

Two others were injured in the incident, although the nature of their injuries was not clear.

According to eyewitness accounts, the gunman initially shot and killed the band's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell. Darrell, 38, and his brother, Vinnie Paul, 40, are former members of Pantera -- a group they formed in the 1980s. Their father is Jerry Abbott, a country and western songwriter and producer.

Police were notified of the shooting at the Alrosa Villa nightclub on the city's north end around 10:18 p.m. ET, Mull said. A uniformed police officer who was in the area slipped into the venue from a back entrance, confronted the gunman during the rampage and killed him.

"If not for the officer who showed up, there would have been more dead," Mull said.

Police have roped off a huge area of the nightclub's parking lot, as 60 detectives question hundreds of witnesses. Police have brought in buses to keep the witnesses warm as they wait to be questioned.

Calvin Bota said he saw the shooting from the mosh pit right in front of the stage, shortly after the band began playing.

"Somebody came -- I don't know where they came from, out of the audience or whatnot -- but they come onto (the) stage and ... he shot the guitarist at first, fired a couple of other shots and then he hid behind the stage a little bit," Bota told WSYX.

"Everybody started scattering, you know, there's mayhem everywhere. And then a police officer came into the building, you know, came in professional with his gun raised and then he proceeded to shoot the guy."

Gerald Caudill told WSYX the gunman shot the guitarist at least four times.

"I was up close to the stage and I just saw some guy run up on the side of the stage and I heard some shots and I saw (drummer) Vinnie Paul and somebody jumped on top of Vinnie, and the guy just stayed around the stage and started shooting other people," Caudill said.

"I saw wounded people all over the place, out in the parking lot, inside," he said. "It just didn't sound like gunshots or anything, it didn't occur to me that something like that was happening."

CNN Producer Steve Brusk in Columbus contributed to this report.

WCPO-TV Channel 9, the ABC affiliate in Cincinnati, posted another report at http://www.wcpo.com/news/2004/local/12/08/columbus_shooting_ap.html, which includes comments from a law enforcement official and additional first-hand accounts:

Five Dead, Two Injured In Columbus Nightclub Shooting

Reported by: A.P.
Web produced by: Neil Relyea
Photographed by: 9News
12/9/2004 12:23:15 AM

A man opened fire in a crowded nightclub during a rock concert Wednesday night, killing at least four people and wounding at least two others before he was shot to death by police, authorities said.

A man walked on stage during the show at the Alrosa Villa and opened fire on band members, killing four people and wounding at least two others, said Columbus police spokesman Sgt. Brent Mull, adding that more people could have been shot and left the scene before authorities arrived.

Mull said a police officer shot and killed the gunman. It wasn't immediately clear whether the officer was already at the show or had responded to an emergency call.

Columbus resident Chris Couch, 22, said the shooting occurred about 30 seconds after the show's headliner, DAMAGEPLAN, had begun playing.

Couch, who was standing about 30 feet away from the stage, noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said.

Couch said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

At that point, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

It appeared the gunman purposely sought out the guitarist, whom Couch identified as a performer who went by the name "Dimebag Darrell."

Authorities didn't immediately provide the identities of the victims.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show.

"I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," said Stankus, of Columbus.

Stankus said she didn't see any metal detectors or uniformed police officers at the venue and that she wasn't searched or frisked on her way in.

WBNS-10 TV in Columbus first posted the following information on their Web site at http://www.wbns10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2668923&nav=LUERTzwc:

Reports of a shooting at Al Rosa Villa on Sinclair Road in North Columbus.

Three people are dead and at least seven are wounded.

Three people in critical condition were taken to Riverside Hospital.

One person was taken to Grant Hospital in stable condition, with a gunshot wound to the thigh.

A triage center has been set up behind the restaurant to help victims with minor injuries still on the scene.

Mike
09-12-2004, 13:46
giotarist van wie? echt nog nooit van gehoord.

lekker debiele kerel die man die iedereen probeerde dood te schietne daar. :shock:

Nickuraba
09-12-2004, 13:48
sicke shit, die panterga zag ik ooit 1x op de box tijdens het zappen voorbij komen. Ook sicke band, met van die freaks in het publiek (althans groot deel)

harry
09-12-2004, 13:54
Wooow da's pas hard rock :?

Mike
09-12-2004, 13:55
Wooow da's pas hard rock :?

:lol:

chief108
09-12-2004, 13:58
ach...

het is zeker wel kloten, maar aan de andere kant is dit wel DE manier om te gaan natuurlijk....

sterven in het harnas... :?

mooi excuus om de stereo ff flink aan te jakkeren in ieder geval...

Chief108

Iwan
09-12-2004, 13:58
sicke shit, die panterga zag ik ooit 1x op de box tijdens het zappen voorbij komen. Ook sicke band, met van die freaks in het publiek (althans groot deel)

En dankjewel...

chief108
09-12-2004, 14:01
Damageplan had just begun their first song in front of several hundred at Alrosa Villa when the gunman jumped onstage, made a comment about Pantera's breakup, and began firing at close range into Darrell's body, shooting him several times before opening fire on the crowd.

tja...
fans...

altijd lastig publiek...

Chief108

chief108
09-12-2004, 14:12
http://www.panterachat.com/phpBB/

SQL Error : 1114 The table 'phpbb_sessions' is full

Wheelie
09-12-2004, 14:17

En dankjewel...

:lol:

Dennis
09-12-2004, 15:45
Shit man wat een nieuws

Pantera is met "Vulgar display of Power" nog altijd één van mijn favoriete cd's

NTT-FX
09-12-2004, 15:54
Dimebag was ex pantera trouwens maar dat zijn details...
Verschrikkelijk dat het is gebeurt... R.I.P.

Anonymous
09-12-2004, 16:32
Damned, ik heb nog een videoband van hun, vulgar video. Is mijn roots gvd.

RIP

Arjan
09-12-2004, 17:10
lol iwan :P hij zei ook een groot deel, ben ik ook zeker met hem eens...

maarja RIP dan

Mickey
10-12-2004, 10:28
Ik heb voor Nederlands destijds gelezen:
Donkere Kamer van Damocles
Deidre (Voor de fantasy fans)
Turks Fruit
Gouden Ei
In de ban van de Ring (is engels, maar docent was een fan, dus het mocht)

Voor Engels weet ik het eigenlijk niet meer
Weet alleen dat ik A Clock Work Orange toch wel erg geinig vond.
Ow.. en Day of the Triffid uiteraard..

Dennis
10-12-2004, 10:29
DIMEBAG DARRELL DOODGESCHOTEN TIJDENS DAMAGEPLAN-CONCERT IN OHIO (USA)

Tijdens een optreden van DAMAGEPLAN is een schutter tijdens het eerste nummer van de Texaanse band op het podium geklommen en heeft van korte afstand vijf schoten afgevuurd op voormalig PANTERA-gitarist DIMEBAG DARRELL die dodelijk getroffen werd. Ook de securty guard die de dader trachtte te overmeesteren werd geraakt.
Daarna heeft de schutter een aantal schoten afgevuurd op het publiek. Daarbij stierven Nathan Bray, 23; Erin Halk, 29; en Jeff Thompson, 40. Een politieagent die in de buurt was wist via een achterdeur het pand binnen te gaan en heeft de schutter (Nathan Gale, 25) doodgeschoten. 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott is 38 jaar geworden.

Bron: www.aardschok.com

Iwan
10-12-2004, 10:34
Ik heb voor Nederlands destijds gelezen:
Donkere Kamer van Damocles
Deidre (Voor de fantasy fans)
Turks Fruit
Gouden Ei
In de ban van de Ring (is engels, maar docent was een fan, dus het mocht)

Voor Engels weet ik het eigenlijk niet meer
Weet alleen dat ik A Clock Work Orange toch wel erg geinig vond.
Ow.. en Day of the Triffid uiteraard..

Volgens mij heeft Michel het een beetje druk hahaha!

Dennis
10-12-2004, 10:34
Mickey, volgens mij sla je de plank hier een beetje mis!

Ja, behoorlijk. Ik dacht dat ik eerst op de verkeerde plek had gepost.
Mischien vraagt ie zich nu af waarom zijn posts verdwijnen

harry
10-12-2004, 10:35
Haha lol :lol:

Anonymous
10-12-2004, 11:04
Dat hele gedoe over die fans slaat natuurlijk als een lul op een drumstel man, je moet die pillengabbers eens zien dat is toch duizend maal triester.
Van deze muziek krijg je ook zonder drugs een adrenaline rush en dan wordt er behoorlijk geduwd en getrokken (mosh pitt). Maar dit trieste incident heeft daar geen reet mee te maken denk ik.

In de metalscene wordt ook volop drugs gebruikt hoor, daar blijft het ook niet altijd tot een jointje en een biertje!

Ik ken genoeg mensen in de metalscene die volop gebruiken.

Pantera is zelfs uit elkaar gegaan, meen ik me te herinneren, omdat Phil Anselmo aan de hero en coke zat. Vroeger toen ze nog goed waren, rookte die alleen een joint en dronk een fles wodka op, maar daar bleef het bij. :lol: Toen hij addicted werd, werd de muziek ook kut! Die blauwe cd met de schedel erop ging nog wel, maar alles erna vond ik bagger.

Marco
10-12-2004, 20:24
damn ! Dimebag darrel had een unieke vette gitaarsound, Pantera heb ik alle albums van en vondt ze gewoon top ondanks dat zanger Phil Anselmo natuurlijk een sicko is.... R.I.P. Dimebag.....

@Mendo, vulgar display video is echt top, de scene in dat hotel dat een zeer gelovig oud mannetje Phil en zijn maat vervloekt is lachen... Phil zijn reactie op de oude man zijn tirade: Yeah, man Satan has got me by the balls....he has got me by the left testacle........ :twisted:

Nickuraba
10-12-2004, 20:25
K las het in de krant! pfftt!

chief108
10-12-2004, 20:42
damn ! Dimebag darrel had een unieke vette gitaarsound, Pantera heb ik alle albums van en vondt ze gewoon top ondanks dat zanger Phil Anselmo natuurlijk een sicko is.... R.I.P. Dimebag.....

@Mendo, vulgar display video is echt top, de scene in dat hotel dat een zeer gelovig oud mannetje Phil en zijn maat vervloekt is lachen... Phil zijn reactie op de oude man zijn tirade: Yeah, man Satan has got me by the balls....he has got me by the left testacle........ :twisted:

yeah...
dat was zoooo fucking grappig!!!

maar ff wat anders...

heeft *iemand* er ook maar IETS over gehoord op 3FM (of ander radiostation) ???
ik heb de links ook nog naar 3fm gemaild, maar daar gingen ze maar door met hun feel-good merry fucking x-mas liedjes...

blueghhhh.....

stelletje zakkewassers

Chief108

Anonymous
11-12-2004, 14:44
Die video mocht ik toen eens in de klas afdraaien! De hele klas was van de film aan het walgen, de leraar included! hehe. Minstens 8 jaar geleden of zoiets.

Anonymous
13-12-2004, 12:01
Tering! :twak: :

someone
13-12-2004, 13:27
ken de hele band niet en de hele man niet, maar vind het wel triest :twak:

Anonymous
17-12-2004, 11:02
PHILIP ANSELMO: I Never Got A Chance To Say Goodbye...And It Kills Me - Dec. 15, 2004

Keith Spera of The Times-Picayune has issued the following report:

The onstage killing of former bandmate "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott has left ex-PANTERA vocalist and north shore resident Phil Anselmo distraught and questioning his own future.

In a transcript of a videotaped statement released to the media Tuesday, Anselmo said: "People want my reaction to what happened. This is about Dimebag Darrell, purely Darrell. It's not about me or some . . . psycho that happened to destroy the most beautiful person, one of my best friends in the world."

Abbott, 38, was shot and killed Dec. 8 while performing with the hard rock band DAMAGEPLAN at a Columbus, Ohio, nightclub. Three other people, including DAMAGEPLAN's chief of security, died after Nathan Gale, 25, opened fire with a handgun. Gale was an ex-Marine and metal fan reportedly angered by the band PANTERA's breakup. He was shot and killed by a police officer responding to 911 calls.

Anselmo and Abbott spent 15 years touring the world together in PANTERA.

PANTERA didn't achieve widespread success until Anselmo, a New Orleans native, joined about 1989. PANTERA sold more than 10 million albums, collected two Grammy nominations and inspired legions of aspiring hard rock bands. But by 2002, Anselmo, Darrell Abbott and his brother Vinnie Paul Abbott, the band's drummer, had become estranged as Anselmo devoted more time to other projects.

In 2003, they confirmed that PANTERA had disbanded, as the two camps exchanged accusations in the hard rock press. Anselmo was at home on the north shore last week when Abbott was killed. As Ozzy Osbourne, Paul Stanley of KISS, Brian May of QUEEN and other rock icons memorialized Abbott, a devastated Anselmo made no public comment until Tuesday.

Anselmo's statement says that "the heavy metal media destroyed PANTERA." He laments that he "never got a chance to say goodbye (to Abbott) in the right way and it kills me, and I'm so sorry."

Anselmo traveled to Dallas for Abbott's funeral. But he ended up not attending "to respect the (Abbott) family's wishes, and they do not want me there. I believe I belong there, but I understand completely."

"I wish his family the least grief they could ever have, and I know it's impossible. Just bless his family, bless his friends. I love him like a brother loves a brother. . . . I'm so sorry to his family and everyone else who was senselessly killed in Columbus, Ohio."

His statement hints at an uncertain professional future.

"This has changed the entire world, and this is the last you'll be seeing of me for a long time