PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Deal With A Street Fight Situation?

Sachet
28-05-2005, 06:15
How Would You Deal With A Street Fight Situation?
Question ~ compliments of 92Stangman

A few people have implied how you can end a fight quickly if they were ever dealt one in a street. Since there are a lot of tough and smart guys on here, wanted to ask what you all would do.

Would you stand up, box, kick, clinch, etc. or would you shoot in and take the other person to the ground? What if you got the guy in an arm bar, would you let him tap or say I give and *hope* he leaves, or go through and break the joint? If I wasn't on an adrenaline high, I may not break the guy's arm but then again, he could come back at me the second time and I may not be as lucky to get in a good position. With everything going on and the guy came off as a really big threat, I may go through with it. Choking out is no problem because they're out long enough for you to get away and when they wake up, they won't know where the hell they are.

Also, my buddy and I got into this discussion today about whether we would pull guard in on the street. He said that he would and I said I'd rather not. If I did end up in guard, I'd would look to sweep and go into mount if a quick armbar or triangle wasn't there.

I've never been in a street fight before so I don't know how exactly I would handle it. Only practice I've had is sparring with my team mates but it's been two months since because I quit to focus more on lifting. My only guess is that I would trade punches for a few seconds, shoot in and then go from there. Whether I end up in sidemount where I control his upper body and knee him in the side a few times, then go into mount and move my position up to finish it.

But like the old saying goes, everyone has a plan till they get hit.

Thanks

*Ironlife eZine

Chico
28-05-2005, 13:58
I really don't know... I don't get drunk and pick fight with bouncers or hit on other peoples girlfriends... so I usually don't get in trouble... and the times I did get in trouble I used my mouth to get out of it...

Luka
28-05-2005, 17:37
i dont like fights @ disco or on the street.. but if someone push you to fare and you know that he wants to hit you.. then think first and hit first.. so if its 1on1 hes down.. if you get against a group hit one down so they think wow.. but if they dont i would to hit one more time and then cover your head :D:D:D then hit them back later with more friends :D

Gulo gulo
29-05-2005, 20:04
Never take the fight to the ground, on the ground you are less aware of your surrounding and his friends will kick you in the back of the head.

Never pick a fight and always try to difuse the situation. If that doesn't work try to get out. Your last option is to fight, and when you fight in a situation like this there are no rules. Groinkicks, footstomps, headbutts everything that will stop your opponent is allowed and if the opportunity rises get out.

Best option; Run Forrest, run

bryan
29-05-2005, 20:28
just kick them in the nuts.............twice..........

Jochem
29-05-2005, 20:57
Take the punch, bruise my ego but I wouldnt fight back unless my or a friends health was threatend.

Nickuraba
29-05-2005, 21:37
@ jochem, seriously?

I only got in a fight once, i didn't started and i didn't picked the fight. Picking fights is lame! it was on the dancefloor and later he came after me in the bar. In both situations I only threw one punch, that'll be enough against someone that only knows how to play soccer i assume? i would box, in close spaces, you dont have the room to make a kick or something, and to land a highkick? Mwoaah that might just be TO devastating!

Luka
29-05-2005, 21:52
first you must think can i talk about it or what and if you think he will hit me be the first hit him 1 time so he know where you cable off.. then he dont want to fight i think and if he do.. hit him again :D

Chico
30-05-2005, 14:27
my jiujitsu teacher always said that if you are cornered by multiple people beat the living daylights of the biggest and strongest dude than the other will back down... :mrgreen:

but he didn't tell me how to do this :twak:

Jochem
30-05-2005, 14:48
@ nick

Yea, in most circumstances i would not hit back. Ive been hit twice, and pushed to the ground once and i just walked away. It hurts your ego, but you remain uninjured and dont have to worry next time you go out. Off course i was heavily outnumbered both times i got hit. I am a big guy, so i`ll probably never get in a situation i can win, people are not stupid enough to attack me when they are alone.

stefan112
30-05-2005, 15:54
@ Sachet

I advise you to buy THIS (http://www.basrutten.tv/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=21&category_id=0af910dfe406f3babe02cf639061c142&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=1) DVD. It will really help you :)

Deuce
30-05-2005, 16:14
Were i come from we stab him with a knive....old Osse tradition :wink:

Biiyen
30-05-2005, 16:52
The best tip is : Do not get in one

The second best tip is : walk away, a knife hurts more then pride

And if you are in one then you must call the most visious streetfighter from Holland -> Leon Bokhoven , He's a streetfighter since he was only 7 years old!

Deuce
30-05-2005, 17:05
Leon the famous fighter, maybe he will write some goold old bouncer storys here...

Biiyen
30-05-2005, 17:11
Leon the famous fighter, maybe he will write some goold old bouncer storys here...

Yes please ENCORE ENCORE

Ton
30-05-2005, 18:12

Or Rap about it and post it here....

Justinian
05-06-2005, 10:54
I didn't get into a lot of street fights, but this one time was pretty funny. There where these two Turkish guys who wanted to pick a fight with a (Turkish) friend of mine. The fight started with my friend grabbing one guy and they started punching. The other guy wanted to help his friend so I told him not to interfere and now he wanted to fight me :lol: I took him down and took mount position, punched him a couple of times and went for an armbar. He screamed and asked me to let him go, so I did.

When we stood up he wanted to get it on again, so I took him down (again)... I took mount position and went for a neckcrank. Then my friend, who was still fighting the other guy, kneed the guy and punched him... on the back of his had, so he broke a small bone in his hand. I was still in mount position when his friend showed up and I stood up.

We talked a bit and the guy still didn't have enough(!). This time I grabbed him, took him down (uchi mata) and in the fall I pushed his head to the edge of the pavement. Now he was hurt and kinda dizzy. He actually didn't have enough and told me... next time, next time :lol:

lil´kickboxer
06-06-2005, 23:57
I would first try to avoid to fight, but if someone attacks you or someone you know, I think I won´t think first but I will rather react in a reflex. So it´s very difficult to say what I would do in such a situation.

Jay Hoov
08-06-2005, 21:33
No hits=no problem...but, if I get hit,I'm going for it!

Intoxico
09-06-2005, 12:31
you are asking of us how we would react in a street fight situation. butt then again there are many factors wich need to be considered when replying on how someone would react. because there is no standard definition of a streetfight, because it could be anything from a bar fight to a fight in the back of an ally. also the fight could be armed or unarmed ie hidden knives a brick or battle, which definitly have effect on how the fight will go

first things first when getting into a streetfight one must consider the following first, who is the aggressor. taking into account that were all martial artists here and were all responsible and reasonable poeple ill take it the aother guy is the aggressor. the second thing one should take into account is: why is the guy being aggressive towards me. did i accidently bump him on the dace floor, was i looking at his girlfreind/boyfreind or was he just standing there waiting for the moment to get into a fight with someone.

then its import to know in what condition the agressor is, has he been drinking, or using other narcotics and is he emotional or just angry. and how does he look, ius he calm or loud. because these factors all determine how most poeple will respond to someone who tries to attack them.

now 90% of all fights start of with some words being said. like when you bump into someone and he turns around and shouts: hey watch it asshole. this clearly illustrates that the guy is very agressive. if one would reply saying shit the fuck up idiot. its obvious that chances are high you will get into a fight instantly. however a more moderate reply like: excuse me, however not as macho as the latter will usually end the situation.

thus illustrating that most fights can be ended with a couple of words. and sometimes one most swallow a part of his pride to prevent the fight.

though not all fights accur because of 2 poeple bumping into another or something simular. however even then there is always a stand of before the fight starts. in this standof the attacker always makes sure weather he can take u or not. even if they are with multiple poeple. when this occurs its very import to quikly analyse your opponant. is he strong big smal heavy, does it look like any of his pockets contains a weapon, or is he already holding it, are his hands constantly close to his pockets which could indicate that he is carring a weapon. and is he drunk or sober.

then its import to show confidince, keep looking him in the eye, and make sure your back is strait and u show no sign of fear whatsoever. most attacks, all actually. will get scared of when they see that the guy they are trying to attack shows no sign of fear or intimidation, meaning the guy is not afraid to fight back. and 90% of all attackers will not engage in a fight which they are uncertain of winning. so without making any moves or saying anything you can scare of youre attacker, and create a situation in which a couple of words can convince him not to attack you.

if the fight is inevitable always make certain you know weather he is armed or not, and were to go for possible escapes, also check the floor, is it slippy or dry, and how much room do you have.

then if the guy comes for you and running is no option (or not the one you want to take) act instantly and take him down. use whatever you can at the moment, a kick, a punch or even a bottle, brick of piece of wood. in a fight there are no rules and the other guy tries to take u out. on the ground stick your finger in his eye if u get the chance and break the join when u make a submission. he is trying to take you down, and you are fighting for youre life. remember if u go gently on him and let him tap out he might come at you again and you might not get that lucky

and thats also how i would deal with it, based on street and work experience

michel

Fr3ddy
12-06-2005, 18:11
I never get into fights..

I had a situation last night where a foreign navy guy wanted to assault a friend of mine. My first reaction was pointing at the guy with my index finger and I started laughing real loud. He went crazy, I started laughing louder.. He and his friends got kicked out by bouncers.

Anonymous
14-06-2005, 17:52
I rather get kicked out on a hard way by 5 bouncers, then get good punch by Fr3ddy

Christophe
16-06-2005, 00:41
Break the joint when you make a submission. He is trying to take you down, and you are fighting for your life. Remember if you go gently on him and let him tap out he might come at you again and you might not get that lucky

If been in quite a lot of situations where somebody wanted a piece of me, and I was able to talk, bluf or escape my way out of most of them. Of some escapes I'm proud (because you never know what will happen, or what they will do afterwards), but I must say I've had some problems with my ego afterwards.

I respect everybody that doesn't give me a reason to disrespect them, so I'm always very friendly to strangers. But if they try to f*** with you, for any reason it might be, they don't deserve to be treated with respect.

I started my Martial Arts "Career" (if you could call it that) with Karate, and the first thing my Sensei told me was: "I'm going to teach you how not to fight, not how to fight"! I thought that was amazing, and I must say ... it sticked with me untill this very day and it helped me through a lot of difficult situations. A normal reaction to a potentially dangereous situation is to "Fight or Flee": fighting when fleeing is impossible, or when we are to scared to do so. Thanks to my MA-training, I can reduce the fear-factor dramatically, so fleeing is almost always an option for me (to the enourmeous dislike of my ego). I am nerveous, as is every normal person in an incertain situation, but I don't feel helpless very often.

But I must admit I think of this "what would I do in a streetfight"-question quite a lot. And I believe that if fighting is the only option available, one shouldn't take any chances and f*** the agressor up ... completely (choke, armbar, hitting, kneeing, ...)!!! Don't look at him as a human being, look at him as a threat (which he is, and which he chose to be) ... and show him how you deal with threats! Maybe next time he'll think twice before harassing innocent people!

But most importantly ... be safe and try to avoid crazy people!

Take care!

a.s.c.
28-06-2005, 13:02
I always try to avoid fights, but when there's no other option I spit the agressor in the face (there first reaction will be to wipe it off)
the moment that happens I try to take advantage of the situation by clincing and kneeing them in the stomach or groin, headbutting, elbowing or taking the person down an from their 'guard' start raining elbows to the face.

Anonymous
28-06-2005, 13:21
I always try to avoid fights, but when there's no other option I spit the agressor in the face

that's discusting man! :shock:

a.s.c.
28-06-2005, 13:28
I always try to avoid fights, but when there's no other option I spit the agressor in the face

that's discusting man! :shock:

maybe, but what would be your first reaction :lol: just aim for the eyes :wink: and they will receive the elbow, head butt or knee before they realise what happend

Justinian
10-07-2005, 11:56
I always try to avoid fights, but when there's no other option I spit the agressor in the face (there first reaction will be to wipe it off)
LMAO this reminds me of a movie I saw lately. There was this guy (Ashton Kutcher) who had a gun on a burglar. The burglar then says "hey you have a weapon, so do I" as he takes out his Johnson and starts urinating on the guy. This was so funny. After urinating on the guy he started urinating the rest of the room and the guy just stands there and the burglar takes away the gun :lol:

Gary
15-07-2005, 02:31
Yes, one should always avoid streetfights at all costs, but that's our good side speaking. Every once in a while I just cant be arsed walking away. A good fight once in a while is alright, as long as you don't go looking for it, that's my opinion.

I'm hesitant to give streetfighting advice, usually you don't really think anymore, you should try to stay calm of course but adrenaline can help you too. Just do what you need to do.

Emilio
15-07-2005, 20:43
if someone hits me i hit back. And it depends on the situation. Never go to the ground when multiple persons are involved. they might kick your head off.

I would just punch i guess. hit for the jaw or the nose.

PigDog
17-07-2005, 20:56
In my 12 years as a doorman, I've been in numerous streetfights. I can write a book about what to do, but all the words and sentences in the book should'nt give a solution for the next fight. Because there's simply no way to do it best. Every situation is a different one, and the best plan is not having one. I fought against smaller, bigger, black, white, yellow, groups, girls (they can be very nasty), knives, dogs, name it and I fought with it.
I never saw a video of Bas Rutten :wink: and I was very lucky: Never been seriously injured. (a couple of harmless stabwounds)
Though I'm sure that there are a lot of guys who would kick my ass in a fight, (Especially Leon, who I am very afraid of) I think it's my spirit that rescued me in many cases. They know that they have to go all the way, because I don't surrender. That usually scares people off.
But most proud am I with the fact that I could prevent a lot of fights, just by talking.
Last five years I used my knowledge to train other doormen for their certificates. I focus always on the last mentioned tactics.....

Paganstars
26-07-2005, 21:38
Try to reason with the agressor... Never stoop yourself to his level of intelligence... The word can be stronger than the sword, so if you come to a situation where ones live is in danger, try to talk yourself out of it. Use violence only when there isn't a chance to get out of the situation. Violence shall and will always be answered with violence!! But when you have to resort to violence always try to disable your opponent in a non-lethal way. Try to bring him off-balance by hitting him on the ears, kick in the groin, but always try to avoid to obstruct the trachnia!! Because if you hurt him so severely and he goes to court, then you're in for it! No judge will ever accept lethal violence as selfdefence especially because you ar a martial artist!