PDA

View Full Version : THINGS THAT MARTIAL ARTISTS WANT YOU TO KNOW:

chief108
18-02-2008, 08:44
1. I really, really enjoy Martial Arts. As a consequence, even when I know better, I will talk to you about Martial Arts. Just like someone interested in Photography, or Golf, or a Television Show. Please dont take it as a threat to your ego. I am not challenging you in any way. Just smile and nod like you do to everyone elses boring stories about interests you dont have.

2. Also, please dont take this as an opportunity to spout out Thats why I carry a 9mm in my car at all times! We are perfectly aware that Martial Arts training will not stop a bullet. Are you aware that we are currently between you and your car, and our Martial Arts knowledge is not locked in the glove compartment?

3. While we are on that note, nothing it our code of conduct prevents us from owning firearms, either.

4. No, I dont have to register my hands with the police. No state law says black belt = deadly weapon.

5. Before you ask, no, I probably could not beat Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Steven Segal, Matt Hughes, Royce Gracie, Jet Li, Mike Tyson or Jackie Chan. Safety Tip: Please note that your name is not on this list.

6. I could probably break a cinder block with my hand or head, but Id rather use a sledge hammer.

7. I could probably take you down using just two fingers, but since I have all 10 of mine Ill probably use them all.

8. If you ask me if I can beat you and your two buddies, I honestly dont know. I might walk away, or your buddies might walk away. I guarantee you that YOU wont walk away.

9. Yes, if I have been training long enough, I have been beaten. In fact, I have probably been knocked out by a woman, thrown down by a blind man, kicked in the head by a kid, or in some other way beaten by someone that does not compute through your macho thick skull. However, do you really think that improves YOUR chances?

10. When I invite you to come to my class, it is not a threat. It is an invitation to share something that I find very enjoyable with you. Consider it a compliment. (For further information, see number 1 above).

11. Yes, some people train in Martial Arts and do not become great fighters, and some people are great fighters with no martial arts training. However, no matter how good a fighter someone may be, Martial Arts training will make them a better fighter. It will probably make them a better person as well.

12. A Black Belt in one Martial Art does not mean the same thing as a Black belt in other Martial Arts. In many Karate or Tae Kwon Do schools, a Black Belt represents about 2-3 years of training, and can be achieved at age10 or even younger. In most Judo or Jujitsu schools, a Black Belt may take 7-10 years, and most do not award these ranks to those under 18. If you really want to find out how much experience someone has, ask them how long they have been training.

13. No Martial Art is perfect. Some are better at a distance, some are better close, and some are better versus multiple opponents. Those that try to cover every aspect tend to have much less depth of technique. For example, I would be a lot less worried about the guy who had a year of Jujitsu, a year of Tae Kwon Do and a year of Shotokan than I would about the guy who had three years of any one of these.

14. The reason that I can avoid, block and/or take these strikes, take downs and other attacks so easily is not because of some ancient, mystical secret passed down by a monastic order at the top of a mountain somewhere. Its because I have been doing this for twenty years.

15. What is the secret of the Martial Arts? Dr. Jigoro Kano, founder of Judo, said it best: Never Miss Practice

Chico
18-02-2008, 09:09
hahaha sommige klinken erg bekend idd :D

anonymous001
18-02-2008, 09:35
Cool...

De dikke nudist
18-02-2008, 10:09
Ik zeg: op kaartjes drukken en altijd bij je dragen.

Ook is het bijna allemaal zeer geschikt om achter op een T-shirt te zetten.

Vet.

dimitri
18-02-2008, 10:52
A Black Belt in one Martial Art does not mean the same thing as a Black belt in other Martial Arts. In many Karate or Tae Kwon Do schools, a Black Belt represents about 2-3 years of training, and can be achieved at age10 or even younger. In most Judo or Jujitsu schools, a Black Belt may take 7-10 years, and most do not award these ranks to those under 18. If you really want to find out how much experience someone has, ask them how long they have been training.

Op MMA.TV deelde een kerel die een 4th DAN in Tae Kwon Do heeft onlangs zwarte banden TKD uit aan alle geïnteresseerden. M'n certificaat moet ondertussen wel op de post zijn denk ik!

LJ Silver
18-02-2008, 12:04
Met punt 13 ben ik het niet eens....

chief108
18-02-2008, 12:09
13 is een beetje raar idd...

Mickey
18-02-2008, 12:12
Woohoo! Geweldige post!

Paganstars
18-02-2008, 15:29
wanneer komt deze uit op shirt met mixfight logo??

Bud S
18-02-2008, 21:48
wat een hoop onzin
gaan jullie dat maar fijn op je t-shirts zetten
krijg je d'r van mij een vredespijp bij

chief108
19-02-2008, 08:23
iemand nog leuke aanvullingen hierop dan?

behalve Willem natuurlijk
want die heeft zo'n goed gevoel voor humor... :rolleyes:

S.
19-02-2008, 08:39
Hehe, deze is goed

Paganstars
19-02-2008, 12:24
wat een hoop onzin
gaan jullie dat maar fijn op je t-shirts zetten
krijg je d'r van mij een vredespijp bij

Pass that ganja... vrede man, vrede!! waarom vechten liefhebben is veel leuker!

chief108
19-02-2008, 15:05
gewoon 15 verschillende shirts...

SPAAR ZE ALLEMAAL!!!!!!! :deal:

Christophe
19-02-2008, 15:24
Met punt 13 ben ik het niet eens....

Ik wel! ;)