PDA

View Full Version : Facepalm thread

Paganstars
17-02-2009, 15:34
(A customer pulls up to the drive thru and the headpiece beeps in my ear to alert me.)
Me: ”Welcome to ***** Coffee. What can I get for you?”
Customer: *no response*
Me: ”Hello? What can I get for you?”
Customer: *no response*
(The customer drives up to the drive thru window.)
Customer: “There must be something wrong with your drive-thru. I kept talking but you didn’t hear me.”
Me: “I was trying to talk to you. I know it works because I have been using it all day.”
Customer: “Well, it’s broken now.”
Me: “Did you roll down your window?”
Customer: “Oh, I have to do that?”

Paganstars
17-02-2009, 15:37
(A husband and wife couple have me on speakerphone so that they can get help troubleshooting. I’m typing up some notes while their PC reboots, which they can apparently hear…)
Customer: “Wow, that sounds like a machine gun. ‘That your typing, sweetheart?”
Me: *laughs* “Yeah, it is… I can type pretty fast.”
Customer: “You married at all?”
Me: “Nope, not yet. Why do you ask?”
Customer: “Doesn’t surprise me love, with fingers that fast you don’t need a man!”
Me: *mouth agape*
(Suddenly, I hear a smacking noise followed by the man cursing.)
Customer’s wife: “Ignore Ron… he’s a pig, dear. He’s lucky he’s married himself. I’m sure you’re lovely.”
Customer: “Isn’t it time a house fell on you, my darling wife?”
Me: *mouth still agape*

Paganstars
17-02-2009, 15:38
Me: *on the phone* “Help Desk, can I help you?
Customer: “I can’t log in to my computer.”
Me: “No problem, sir - let me reset it for you.”
Customer: “Thanks!”
Me: “Ok, sir - go ahead and type ‘welcome’ as your default password. When you hit ‘OK’ you will be asked to create a new password.”
Customer: “Are their any requirements for the password?”
Me: “The only requirement is that the password has to be at least 6 characters in length - numbers, letters or both.”
(Two minutes pass and I still hear a lot of typing over the phone. I’d assumed he’d logged in and starting working, forgetting I was on the phone.)
Me: “Is everything all right? Were you able to get your password reset?”
Customer: “No! Its not all right! Why is it that every time I call you guys there’s a problem?! You have to make everything so difficult!”
Me: “I am sorry for that sir…what happens after you try to create your new password?”
Customer: “What do you think?! It tells me to try again! It will not take!”
Me: “Well, go ahead and try entering something different.”
Customer: “You know, you people are ridiculous! How many characters do you think I can remember?! I’m not five years old any more! All I remember is Pluto, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck!”
Me: *facepalm*