MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Weight-Cut Makes Wanderlei ‘Fast’

Wanderlei Silva hopes to jump-start an illustrious but stalling 13-year career when he makes his 185-pound debut against Michael Bisping at UFC 110 “Nogueira vs. Velasquez” on Feb. 20 at the Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia.

The former 205-pound Pride Fighting Championships titleholder, once the scourge of the Japanese MMA scene for his explosive knockout abilities, has gone 1-3 since joining the UFC ranks in December 2007. The Brazilian’s sole Octagon victory -- a smashing 36-second knockout of Keith Jardine at UFC 84 in May 2008 -- is bookended by defeats to Chuck Liddell and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, who avenged his two previous losses to Silva with a dramatic first-round KO at UFC 92 in December 2008.

In June 2009, Silva fought Rich Franklin in a 195-pound catch-weight headlining bout at UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany. Silva lost by unanimous decision, though the bout served as a successful test-run for his drop down in divisions.

Silva was enthusiastic about his pending middleweight debut during a teleconference call on Wednesday.

“I feel so great,” he said. “I feel fast. My timing is better. I think I’m going to have a great performance in the division.”

Silva, who relocated to the U.S. in 2007 and opened his own gym in Las Vegas two years later, underwent major facial surgery during his nine-month competition hiatus. Doctors scraped the bone surrounding Silva’s eyes to prevent further cutting during bouts; Silva complained he’d require anywhere up to a dozen routine stitches following his fights. Silva’s nose was also straightened during the procedures.

“The surgery I make because I broke my nose a lot of times before,” said Silva. “I reconstruct my nose because before I don’t sleep very well. Now, I sleep better and my recovery’s better, no? I feel great. My cardio is better now and I’m ready to fight (again).”

The 33-year-old father of two said he spent time with his family and launched his Wand Fight Team facility during his rehabilitation. Silva said he also modified his diet for the weight drop.

Silva’s hunger for fighting hasn’t changed, he said, no matter whom the promotion matches him up with.

“Every time (matchmaker) Joe Silva gives me the fight, for me, he don’t have a second option,” said Silva. “For me, no matter what, it’s who I’m going to fight… For my next fight, I trained a lot of wrestling, jiu-jitsu, and muay Thai. I’m going to try and use it now.”

kan echt niet wachten tot de 20ste,
    ben aan het hopen op een ouderwetse Axe Murderer KO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afrp9...eature=related
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Hoop ook echt dat hij gaat winnen.

Durf echt bijna niet te gaan kijken.
    From Best!

vCash

Normaal gezien mag Bisping geen probleem vormen voor Wanderlei, maar er zijn zoveel teleurstellingen geweest ivm voormalige pride vechters, dat ik toch ook niet helemaal gerust ben.
    Alhoewel diep in mij de wanderlei fan wéét dat hij een maatje te groot is voor bisping. Hopelijk bedriegt mijn gevoel me niet en wint Wandy op (knie) KO

>>Formely known as Pepe<<

vCash

anders ik wel! damn wat wil ik graag dat hij wint!!

vCash

wandy on ko.

vCash

wandy op ko gewoon meteen in ronde 1

vCash

Ik ga zelfs 100K inzetten op Wandy. Bisping is een leuke vechter maar is echt twee maatjes te klein voor Silva!

vCash

Wordt weer Vcash innen....
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sendur View Post
    Hoop ook echt dat hij gaat winnen.

Durf echt bijna niet te gaan kijken.
    x2 Ik houd m'n hart vast.

vCash

Vind wel dat Bispings boxing beter is dat dan van wanderlei.....tegen Rampage was dat ook duidelijk blootgesteld.
    To be the best, you gotto learn the rest

vCash

UFC 110 - Wanderlei Silva talks about fight with Michael Bisping (video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae8Xn...layer_embedded
    "Some people have so much respect for their superiors
    they have none left for themselves."