MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    vCash

Jon "Bonten" Jones

Ik heb voor de rest niks nuttigs te vermelden hierzo.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

vCash

Dikke reps voor degene die het hoofd van Jo bonten realistisch op Jon Jones zijn lichaam shooped.
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    Dikke reps voor degene die het hoofd van Jo bonten realistisch op Jon Jones zijn lichaam shooped.
    wie?
    "Some people have so much respect for their superiors
    they have none left for themselves."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Slome View Post
    Lijkt erop dat Josh Koscheck het gaat opnemen tegen Hughes..

Josh Koscheck Says He Has Accepted UFC 135 Bout With Matt Hughes

alleen Hughes lijkt nog akkoord te moeten gaan..
    UFC 135: Matt Hughes says yes to fight against Josh Koscheck ... or Jon Fitch

"Still waiting to hear back from the UFC. I have said 'yes' to facing either Koscheck or (Jon) Fitch at UFC 135. I should know more later."
    http://twitter.com/#!/matthughes9x/s...58601841774592

vCash

UFC 135: Matt Hughes vs Josh Koscheck official for Sept. 24 in Denver

vCash

Matt Hughes Accepts Fight With Replacement Josh Koscheck at UFC 135

After a few years of campaigning for a fight against Matt Hughes, an American Kickboxing Academy welterweight finally gets their chance.

Josh Koscheck will get the opportunity, after Hughes accepted Koscheck as a replacement for the injured Diego Sanchez at UFC 135.

According to Sanchez's management team, the 29-year-old welterweight broke his right hand in training, forcing him out of the bout.

On Monday, Koscheck said he'd accepted a spot to replace Hughes but was simply waiting on Hughes' approval of the fight and on Tuesday, he got it. It's a risky move for Koscheck, who hasn't fought since last December's title fight loss to Georges St-Pierre, but the California-based fighter is well known for being in fighting shape at all times.

Koscheck (15-5) has less than three weeks to prepare for the September 24 bout.

Hughes (45-8) has had an even longer layoff than Koscheck. He hasn't fought since last November, when he was knocked out by BJ Penn. However, while he's been in training for Sanchez for well over a month now, Koscheck had entertained the notion of moving up to middleweight before taking this short-notice bout.

Koscheck and AKA teammate Jon Fitch had lobbied unsuccessfully in the past for the chance to face Hughes.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

vCash

vCash

Hoop dat Hughes Koscheck eruit slaat. Maar misschien haalt Josh er een decision uit, met als risico: een heel saai gevecht...

Jammer van Sanchez, die gaat altijd de strijd aan. Was een mooie pot geweest. Maybe Next time!
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

een nieuwe extended preview:

vCash

nieuwe poster:

vCash

vCash

WAR RAMPGAGE!!!!
    "If the ref hadn’t stopped him, Fedor was going to take that head home to his spaceship and polish it."

Fedor Emelianenko - "I don't talk about my weaknesses. I work on them."

vCash

UFC 135 Extended Preview - ESPN

Preview van 9 minuten.

vCash

Josh Koscheck Talks Matt Hughes: 'Fans Deserved This Fight a Long Time Ago'

When Josh Koscheck first heard that there might be an opportunity to finally get a fight with former UFC welterweight champ Matt Hughes after he'd long since given up lobbying for it, he didn't have to think too hard about his answer.

"Diego Sanchez broke his hand and I eventually got a phone call from [manager] 'Crazy' Bob Cook and he's like, 'Hey, you want to fight Matt Hughes?'" Koscheck said on Monday's UFC 135 media call. "I didn't even hesitate. I was like, when are we fighting him?"

What Koscheck didn't realize, he said, was that this was a late replacement fight. He'd been "so out of the loop" after coming back from a long layoff following an eye injury he suffered against Georges St-Pierre that he didn't realize Hughes was supposed to fight Sanchez on September 24 in Denver, so he wasn't expecting to hear Cook tell him that the bout was just three weeks away.

But, Koscheck said, he'd taken enough time off already. For the man who considers himself "always two or three weeks away from being ready to fight," it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

"I was like, yep, let's do it," Koscheck said. "I'm in shape, let's go. I didn't hesitate to take the fight."

Koscheck hasn't set foot in the Octagon since losing a unanimous decision to St-Pierre in their five-round title fight at UFC 124. He suffered a broken orbital bone in that fight, thanks to an early jab from GSP, and the pain was even worse than when he'd accidentally severed his own toe at four years of age while "doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing with a hatchet," Koscheck said.

The pain of that experience "didn't compare to the eye injury," according to Koscheck, who added that he "got through it via pain pills and morphine that night."

"It was a fun experience, needless to say, that I don't want to go through ever again," he quipped.

That was a little over nine months ago, but Koscheck could have come back sooner, he said. He took a little extra time off to "focus on some other areas outside of fighting," and was planning to return at UFC 139 in San Jose, possibly at middleweight in a rematch with Chris Leben or even a bout against recent Leben knockout victim Wanderlei Silva.

"I was just looking for a big fight, and things happen for a reason," he said. "I texted Dana White the day of all the confusion with Diego breaking his hand and I said hey, it's your favorite son, Kos. Make sure I get that fight with Matt Hughes."

White did just that, apparently. After Hughes agreed to it, the fight that Koscheck had given up on was finally his, albeit after a long layoff from the sport and a short training camp to prepare.

If the timing is of any concern to Koscheck, however, you sure wouldn't know it.

"Fighting Matt Hughes is a good comeback fight for me," he said. "I think the fans deserved this fight a long time ago, and now we're getting the opportunity to do it."

Better late than never, perhaps. And after what he went through following the GSP fight -- not to mention the vague horror of the hatchet incident -- how much can there really be left for him to fear?

vCash

'Rampage' Jackson: I Got No Respect for Jon Jones

As pre-fight verbal battles go, the one between UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and challenger Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is starting to get a little bit meta. During Monday's UFC 135 media call, it was less about what's being said than what was said, and who said it first.

Not surprisingly, the two could not reach a consensus on the topic.

According to Jackson, it was Jones who kicked things off by acting "real cocky" at the first press conference to hype their main event title fight. Jones, who claimed he was "waiting for an example or a quote" to illustrate Jackson's point, said he's doing his best not to get caught up in the pre-fight talk -- though, by the way, it's all Jackson's doing.

"My job is not to out-talk him," Jones said on Monday. "You're talking about an opponent who threatens and harasses literally every opponent in his career's history, and I'm very aware of this. So I'll let him talk and have fun and make me look like the scared one, but when I'm in the Octagon on the 24th, that's when I'll demand more respect."

Jackson, of course, bristled at the suggestion that he's a habitual trash-talker.

"If you go back and look at my interviews [before fights with] Marvin Eastman and Chuck Liddell and Dan Henderson and other guys, I react the way the guys act towards me," he countered, adding that Jones had set him off with his disrespectful, "cocky" attitude at the initial Denver presser.

"The guy has never walked the way I've walked in this sport, and basically the guy just said the wrong [expletive] and I treat him the way I treat him because I got no respect for him," Jackson said.

Still, the most heated public exchange between the two came during Saturday night's UFC Fight Night 25 broadcast on Spike, when the UFC's Joe Rogan asked about Jackson's allegations that Jones had a spy in his camp.

Jones seemed flustered by the topic, and said on Monday that what he's really confused about is how fans could believe he'd actually go to the lengths that Jackson had alleged, all just to get inside information from his opponent's training camp.

"The only thing that bothered me initially was the spygate situation," Jones said. "And it wasn't the situation necessarily, it was the fact that fans actually considered the fact that I would pay someone to...first of all, find someone to go to his camp and then pay someone and try to get Rampage to trust them, and all this ludicrousness, I thought that was pretty interesting that the fans would think I would do something like that."

While Jones drew contrasts between his bout with former Pride champ "Shogun" Rua and this fight with another Pride veteran in Jackson, he added that it was still "a huge honor" to fight an experienced mainstay of the sport like "Rampage."

Jackson, too, acknowledged that Jones "has skills," and said he plans to do his part to help him advance those skills after Saturday night.

"After I relieve him of his first loss, I think Jon will go on to be a better fighter because he won't have all that pressure of being undefeated," Jackson said. "...I'm just the person to give him that first [expletive]-whooping so he can go on and be a great fighter that I know he can be."

If you're looking for these two to find something nice to say about one another, that might be as close as you're going to get.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fyodor View Post
    Thanks man echt leuk om te zien
    & lol at Rampage aan het einde hahahahaha
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Rampage Jackson Says Jon Jones Disrespected His Coach at Open Workouts

DENVER -- At Thursday afternoon's UFC 135 open workouts Quinton "Rampage" Jackson continued to blast UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones for what he interpreted as disrespect, but this time he had a new accusation to level at his opponent.

"He badmouthed my coach today, here at the open workout," Jackson told reporters. "That's not right. The kid has no respect for nobody. He needs to be humbled."

The coach in question was British boxing coach Mark Kinney, a stout veteran of the fight game who told MMA Fighting that Jones was "just trying to wind me up."

"He said something to me and then I said something back to him," said Kinney, who declined to reveal exactly what was said, but painted Jones as the instigator. "I'm not going to lose sleep over it," he added.

In Jackson's mind, it was just the latest example of disrespectful behavior from Jones, who had long since disappeared from the MusclePharm gym by the time Jackson made the accusation to reporters.

"It's very disrespectful what he did to my coach," Jackson said. "You don't come up to your opponent's coach and talk crap. For the honor and respect of this sport, you don't do that. Jon Jones says I fight for money, and this and that and he fights for fun and honor and stuff like that. But he's not showing the [signs] of a fighter who fights for honor. Yes, I fight for money, because this is the career I chose. But at the same time I have a lot of honor and respect for this sport and other fighters."

But Kinney, the man who was supposedly disrespected, brushed off the incident as a fairly tame run-in. Maybe Jones was feeling just a little too confident in the days leading up to the fight, he suggested, but the champ could be in for a surprise.

After Saturday night, Kinney said, no one will be asking about what Jones said to him or whether he really had a spy in Jackson's camp. "They're going to be asking about his concussion. They're going to be asking whether he'll be in hospital for two weeks or four."

Both Kinney and Jackson continued to insist that Jones had someone on the inside of the challenger's training camp feeding him information, but neither would say who it was. Jackson said he eventually found out the identity of the so-called spy, and his manager took action against him.

"Let's just say he's hurting financially right now," Jackson said. "But we did find the spy, and as I suspected he wasn't a fighter."

And while most people are counting Jackson out against the taller, lankier Jones, Kinney hinted that the team has a plan for getting inside the champion's longer reach and doing damage in close. Of course, he wasn't eager to divulge that information with the fight still two days away.

"But he'll get inside," Kinney said. "Trust me."

vCash

Jon Jones Calls Rampage Jackson a 'Mr. T Wannabe'

DENVER -- MMA fighting spoke to Jon Jones on Thursday about his UFC 135 title fight against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, his new beard, going on a media tour with Jackson, some of the criticism he's received as of late, Jackson's issues with him, how he sees this fight playing out and more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/jon-jones-ufc-135-pre-fight-interview/1176849182001

vCash

Rampage Jackson Dislikes Jon Jones More Than Rival Rashad Evans

DENVER -- MMA Fighting spoke to Quinton Jackson on Thursday about his UFC 135 title fight against Jon Jones, whether he found the spy in his camp, the lack of respect he's received from the oddsmakers and much more. Plus, Jackson's training partner and friend Cheick Kongo makes an appearance, which leads to things getting a bit weird (and a tad physical) between everyone.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sp.../1176807954001

vCash

Josh Koscheck Enjoyed His Time Away From MMA

DENVER -- MMA Fighting spoke to Josh Koscheck on Thursday about his upcoming fight at UFC 135 against Matt Hughes, why he agreed to take the fight on short notice, why he has wanted to fight Hughes for so long, his time away from MMA and whether this will be his final fight at welterweight.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sp.../1176843377001

vCash

Matt Hughes Won't Decide Fighting Future Until After UFC 135

DENVER -- MMA Fighting spoke to Matt Hughes at the UFC 135 media workouts on Thursday about his upcoming fight against Josh Koscheck, preparing for Koscheck on short notice, whether he thinks he will retire after this fight and whether he still has the same drive to train and compete as he did in his prime.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sp.../1176840957001