MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!

Threaded View

vCash

Default Bob Arum fires back at Dana White: 'UFC fighters get paid nothing'

Dana White:

Bob Arum is a jealous moron. Bob Arum had the ability to do great things for the sport of boxing. I don't know if he wasn't smart enough to do what we did or whatever, but when we first came out with this thing, this guy laughed at us. He said how stupid the Fertittas were and that this thing was ridiculous and it would never be a sport.

"Now, all he does is run around [expletive] and complaining about it. You had the ability, Bob Arum, to make boxing great. But the problem was, you were greedy. You're a greedy pig, just like all the other guys who were involved in boxing. All you ever did was try to rip money out of it. "

Bob Arum:

"I don't know where Dana is coming from, I never said anything bad about him. But Dana has to realize, because of the monopoly the UFC has, they pay their fighters maybe 20-percent of the proceeds that come in on a UFC fight and we pay fighters over 80-percent. So that's the difference, so talk about giving back to the sport, when you pay your talent 20-percent and boxing promoter's like myself and others pay over 80-percent, who's giving back to whom? It's very easy (to make network deals) when his athletes get paid nothing. Our athletes get paid but yeah, we're negotiating now with a major network to do boxing in prime time on the network."

Last edited by Devilprince; 23-09-2011 at 16:13.
    Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten.