MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1.051 to 1.075 of 1430
    vCash

Ahead of UFC 146, Valentijn Overeem unaware of any testosterone need for brother Alistair

by Steven Marrocco on Apr 17, 2012 at 3:30 pm ET
    Valentijn Overeem doesn't know why his brother, Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC), tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone prior a fight against champ Junior Dos Santos.

But he said it would be news to him if Alistair needed the hormone for medical reasons, as recent speculation would indicate.

"Because I know him so well that I think I should be aware of something like that," Valentijn Overeem today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "If that was the case, I think I would know. I would be surprised."

Alistair Overeem is scheduled to appear before the Nevada State Athletic Commission on April 24 in Las Vegas to explain a 14-to-1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio – well over the 6-to-1 ratio allowed by the commission – that was revealed by a surprise pre-fight drug test for UFC 146 on March 27.

The heavyweight contender has hired noted celebrity attorney David Chesnoff to represent him at the commission meeting. He has yet to publicly address his failed test, which could prevent him from fighting at UFC 146, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

This past week his past week, UFC officials submitted a license application on Overeem's behalf for UFC 146. The fighter's conditional license, which was granted for his fight with Brock Lesnar at UFC 141, expired on Dec. 31 of this past year.

Overeem's failed test was one of two he was required to take as a condition of being licensed for UFC 141 after he missed a pre-fight test one month prior to the event.

On Monday, Overeem's manager, Glenn Robinson, told HDNet's Ron Kruck that the fighter has "reasonable explanation" for the high T/E ratio, which will be explained at the April 24 hearing

Valentijn Overeem, a longtime MMA fighter and former Strikeforce fighter, is in Holland with an expectant girlfriend and said he hasn't trained with his younger brother since he left for the U.S. in March. However, he said he never received any indication that Alistair was suffering from a condition that would necessitate the use of testosterone. He is unsure why the pre-fight drug test came back high for a high T/E ratio.

"There are different reasons why someone could have high testosterone," Valentijn Overeem said. "Taking steroids is one of them. Some people have natural testosterone at a high level anyway. I'm not saying my brother is one of those people, but there's more possibilities. If the [athletic commission] tests the sample again, just to make sure there were no mistakes, I think that would be a good start."

Valentijn could not provide details on a possible defense to the commission and didn't know that his brother had not requested the "B" sample from the positive test, which could either exonerate him if it came back within the accepted T/E ratio or potentially provide damning evidence if the presence of synthetic testosterone is revealed. (NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer confirmed that Overeem's camp has yet to request the sample.)

He did, however, advocate for random testing and expressed confidence that a second test would clear his brother of wrongdoing. While he believes Alistair should be licensed, he also respects the job of the commission.

"There are certain rules, and athletes have to abide by the rules," Valentijn Overeem said. "If there would be a second opinion or a second test, I'm sure that would change the result. The bottom line is, I think everybody just wants to know the truth. So by being transparent and double checking it, that won't harm anyone."

In the meantime, he asked that observers keep an open mind about his brother.

"You're innocent until proven guilty, and I think that's the way it should be," he said. "Look at Lance Armstrong; they've been talking about him taking stuff forever. Because you're a very good athlete and winning a lot of events doesn't necessarily mean that (you take performance-enhancing drugs). That just means that you're very dedicated and talented. I think that's the case with Alistair.

"There are always going to be people that say, 'I knew this. I knew that.' But then again, let [the commission] do whatever they have to do, and we'll see the result in the end when things are final. I think it's a bit early to jump to conclusions."

Overeem has long been dogged by allegations of steroid use but until this past March had never tested positive for banned substances.

UFC president Dana White said Alistair Overeem will get "due process" at the commission hearing before the promotion makes a decision about what to do with the fighter. As of now, the title fight is still on.

Overeem's reps declined comment to MMAjunkie.com pending the NSAC hearing.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Chael Sonnen: MMA media failed, Overeem did not test positive for anything
    Source: mmamania.com
    Apr 18, 2012 12:11 AM EST
    Each Tuesday at 10:00 pm ET, FUEL*TV*broadcasts "UFC*Tonight" the official weekly news and information show of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The show is co-hosted by Kenny Florian and Todd Harris, with Ariel Helwani adding insider news.*
    The show also features Chael Sonnen's "Chael’s Corner." In this episode he turned his mic work to the MMA*media for their coverage of Alistair Overeem.
    "Congratulations to MMA media, right when I think you're incompetence can't get to any higher level, the Alistair Overeem story comes out. You kids on the interweb, running your little 'dot com's' from the couch in your mother's basement, you beneficiaries of Mark Cuban's tax write-off, you've gone and screwed up the Alistair Overeem case, beyond belief. Is it repairable? I doubt it."
    "Hey. If I'm a member of the media and someone tells me that Alistair Overeem failed a drug test, the very first thing I'm going to say is: ‘Really? What substance did he test positive for?' Now, you see, those basic questions are where the wheels begin to fall off the bus to this entire story.
    "Alistair Overeem did not test positive for anything. End of story. So why is his name getting drug through the mud? Why are they saying, 'Well, he's got an elevated T-to-E ratio. Ok, fair enough. Let's say his T-to-E ratio is outside the norm. That's not illegal. That's outside the norm. That's a red flag. That is a red flag, and Alistair will owe an explanation.
    "If it's not against the rules, why are we having this conversation? MMA Media: Ya failed! It reminds me of a time when Ronald Reagan was President, and somebody in his cabinet had to stand trial. He gets acquitted and he says, 'Well, great. I've won the trial, but who do I see to get my reputation back?'"
    Kenny Florian responded:
    "Has Overeem gotten fair shake by the media? Probably not. But if you have common sense, then you know something’s up. His T-to-E ratio is 14-to-1. The only way he got there is he’s probably taking something. But Chael’s making a case like a lawyer. In the end of the day, there will be a legal meeting to see if Overeem fights."
    Alistair Overeem will appear before the Nevada State Athletic Commission at a hearing on April 24 in Las Vegas.*His manager maintains there is a reasonable explanation for the test, which showed a testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio of 14:1, well in excess of the 1:1 which is normal, and even 6:1, within which 99% of the population falls.
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Naj85 View Post
    Chael Sonnen: MMA media failed, Overeem did not test positive for anything
    Source: mmamania.com
    Apr 18, 2012 12:11 AM EST
    Each Tuesday at 10:00 pm ET, FUEL*TV*broadcasts "UFC*Tonight" the official weekly news and information show of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The show is co-hosted by Kenny Florian and Todd Harris, with Ariel Helwani adding insider news.*
    The show also features Chael Sonnen's "Chael’s Corner." In this episode he turned his mic work to the MMA*media for their coverage of Alistair Overeem.
    "Congratulations to MMA media, right when I think you're incompetence can't get to any higher level, the Alistair Overeem story comes out. You kids on the interweb, running your little 'dot com's' from the couch in your mother's basement, you beneficiaries of Mark Cuban's tax write-off, you've gone and screwed up the Alistair Overeem case, beyond belief. Is it repairable? I doubt it."
    "Hey. If I'm a member of the media and someone tells me that Alistair Overeem failed a drug test, the very first thing I'm going to say is: ‘Really? What substance did he test positive for?' Now, you see, those basic questions are where the wheels begin to fall off the bus to this entire story.
    "Alistair Overeem did not test positive for anything. End of story. So why is his name getting drug through the mud? Why are they saying, 'Well, he's got an elevated T-to-E ratio. Ok, fair enough. Let's say his T-to-E ratio is outside the norm. That's not illegal. That's outside the norm. That's a red flag. That is a red flag, and Alistair will owe an explanation.
    "If it's not against the rules, why are we having this conversation? MMA Media: Ya failed! It reminds me of a time when Ronald Reagan was President, and somebody in his cabinet had to stand trial. He gets acquitted and he says, 'Well, great. I've won the trial, but who do I see to get my reputation back?'"
    Kenny Florian responded:
    "Has Overeem gotten fair shake by the media? Probably not. But if you have common sense, then you know something’s up. His T-to-E ratio is 14-to-1. The only way he got there is he’s probably taking something. But Chael’s making a case like a lawyer. In the end of the day, there will be a legal meeting to see if Overeem fights."
    Alistair Overeem will appear before the Nevada State Athletic Commission at a hearing on April 24 in Las Vegas.*His manager maintains there is a reasonable explanation for the test, which showed a testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio of 14:1, well in excess of the 1:1 which is normal, and even 6:1, within which 99% of the population falls.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky38hpZapl0

Sonnen, je kunt zinnige dingen zeggen?! Its a mothafocking miracle!!!!
    "'...En hij heeft ook nog is de snelheid van een schildpad met parkinson..." Fred Royers 2007

vCash

Laten we duidelijk zijn: Armstrong is schoon.....
    Goldenglorynutloverhater

vCash

vCash

Sonnen is ingehuurd als PR-man om de UFC PPV revenues te waarborgen voor de AO/JDS fight. Sonnen? History repeating...

vCash

vCash

Default status Overeem vs Jds

Goede middag dames, wat is de huidige status met Overeem?
    Gaat Het gevecht nou door? Ik Lees zoveel op sites maar bijna alles geruchten.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by maartenjackie View Post
    Goede middag dames, wat is de huidige status met Overeem?
    Gaat Het gevecht nou door? Ik Lees zoveel op sites maar bijna alles geruchten.
    Zullen we dinsdag te weten krijgen, dan heeft Overeem de hearing en zal hij zichzelf verdedigen.
    Dana heeft gezegd dat mir vs cain door gaat 100%. Hunt vs Struve lijkt ook gewoon door te gaan.
    Het lijkt er dus op dat Dana ook denkt dat het gevecht door gaat. Anders was hij toch niet zo zeker dat de andere gevechten op de kaart doorgaan?
    Bas Rutten heeft getweet dat hij ook ergens heeft gehoord dat t gevecht waarschijnlijk doorgaat.

Dat was het zo'n beetje.
    =

vCash

http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/showthr...waardes/page43 --> stand van zaken is hier te vinden.

vCash

Ik begin er weer in te geloven dat het doorgaat!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ZakKa! View Post
    Zullen we dinsdag te weten krijgen, dan heeft Overeem de hearing en zal hij zichzelf verdedigen.
    Dana heeft gezegd dat mir vs cain door gaat 100%. Hunt vs Struve lijkt ook gewoon door te gaan.
    Het lijkt er dus op dat Dana ook denkt dat het gevecht door gaat. Anders was hij toch niet zo zeker dat de andere gevechten op de kaart doorgaan?
    Bas Rutten heeft getweet dat hij ook ergens heeft gehoord dat t gevecht waarschijnlijk doorgaat.

Dat was het zo'n beetje.
    Bad news for GG (vooral Micha) en Bas want ze zijn player haters lol laten we hopen dat het gevecht doorgaat.

vCash

ik hoop ook dat het door gaat Jammersaki

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by micha View Post
    ik hoop ook dat het door gaat Jammersaki
    Bedoel je " je hoopt dat het door gaat"? Heb je Siyar al gefeliciteerd lol

vCash

Als Overeem geschorst wordt zal Werdum hem vervangen.
    Bron: FRB

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rollermanskunk View Post
    Als Overeem geschorst wordt zal Werdum hem vervangen.
    Bron: FRB
    Mijn lievelings vechters tegen elkaar deze match zou ik willen zien nadat jds overeem ko slaat

vCash

Dan hoop ik dat Werdum echt een gruwelijk pak slaag krijgt!

vCash

Hoop dat de match tussen Ali en JDS doorgaat. Werdum gaat anders weer KO geslagen worden waarschijnlijk

Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky38hpZapl0

Sonnen, je kunt zinnige dingen zeggen?! Its a mothafocking miracle!!!!
    Dit is echt de eerste credit ooit die ik Sonnen geef.

vCash

Werdum zou echt onterecht zijn. Overeem vs Werdum was de slechtste partij die ik heb gezien de laatste tijd en een win over fatass country is niet genoeg om een titleshot te krijgen.

Vindt dat Sonnen wel een beetje gelijk heeft, alle media hangen Overeem al aan de schandpaal omdat hij er gespierd uit ziet. Terwijl er eigenlijk helemaal niks gevonden is en er bovendien nog geen uitspraak is gedaan.

Vechters als Barnett, Sylvia en Rocye Gracie zijn al een keer gepakt en die zien er nu niet bepaald als super helden uit.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yamasaki View Post
    Bad news for GG (vooral Micha) en Bas want ze zijn player haters lol laten we hopen dat het gevecht doorgaat.
    Nieuwtje speciaal voor jou....niet te veel vragen stellen naar aanleiding van het volgende.... de partij gaat zeker door er is helemaal niets aan de hand.

A) Er had niet getest mogen worden (geen licentie)....dus.... niets aan de hand.

B) De testprocedure is volledig verknalt door de daarvoor verantwoordelijke instantie....dus...geen test...dus...niets aan de hand.

C) Er is niets gevonden.....dus....niets aan de hand.

D) Stel dat A , B en C niet van toepassing waren.... Alistair werd behandeld voor een blessure door een arts.... dus ..... niets aan de hand.

Er zijn er nog wat meer maar dit is in een notendop de situatie.....het enige wat er aan de hand is is dat iedereen zonder enige vorm van kennis zijn/haar mening heeft lopen kotsen ten koste van Alistair.

vCash

Sonnen heeft gedeeltelijk gelijk. Alleen had hij het niet mogen zeggen.

Als Overeem met feiten komt die hem onvoorwaardelijk vrijpleiten dan neem ik al mijn commentaar/kritiek/scheldpartijen op hem terug. Die dure advocaat zal wel met een ongelooflijk knap verhaal aankomen die zo genomineerd kan worden voor een Oscar (categorie Beste script). Vooralsnog geloof ik er geen fluit van. Maar ik laat me verrassen.

JDS vs Overeem=besmet

vCash

Hier de agenda van de NSAC hearing van 24 april: Overeem als laatste natuurlijk
    http://boxing.nv.gov/Agenda/04-24-12AG.pdf

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rollermanskunk View Post
    Hier de agenda van de NSAC hearing van 24 april: Overeem als laatste natuurlijk
    http://boxing.nv.gov/Agenda/04-24-12AG.pdf
    hahah om de spanning op te voeren gewoon op nummertje 36 staan..
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Nieuwtje speciaal voor jou....niet te veel vragen stellen naar aanleiding van het volgende.... de partij gaat zeker door er is helemaal niets aan de hand.

A) Er had niet getest mogen worden (geen licentie)....dus.... niets aan de hand.

B) De testprocedure is volledig verknalt door de daarvoor verantwoordelijke instantie....dus...geen test...dus...niets aan de hand.

C) Er is niets gevonden.....dus....niets aan de hand.

D) Stel dat A , B en C niet van toepassing waren.... Alistair werd behandeld voor een blessure door een arts.... dus ..... niets aan de hand.

Er zijn er nog wat meer maar dit is in een notendop de situatie.....het enige wat er aan de hand is is dat iedereen zonder enige vorm van kennis zijn/haar mening heeft lopen kotsen ten koste van Alistair.
    Heb je die kennis dan? Soms praat je als een kip zonder kop man want je geeft het indruk alsof je AO bent. Niemand weet het wat op 24 april gaat gebeuren dus kom niet met die onzin optie a,b,c bla bla