MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    vCash

Default UFC Fight Night 26: Sonnen vs. Shogun *let op spoilers*

The UFC's much-discussed debut card on the soon-to-be launched FOX Sports 1 channel appears to have its first fight.

Welterweights Matt Brown (17-11) and Thiago Alves (19-9) have verbally agreed to fight on the Aug. 17 card in Boston, sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed with MMAFighting.com Saturday. The fighters have yet to sign bout agreements, according to those same sources.

It is unclear at this time whether the fight will take place on the main card, however, it's important to note that Brown's last two fights have aired on FOX.
    The 32-year-old Brown has dramatically turned his career around as of late, winning his last five fights in a row after losing four of five fights. During his current streak, which he extended at UFC on FOX 7 against Jordan Mein, he has finished his opponent in four of five fights.

This would mark Alves' first fight since March 2012 when he lost via third-round submission to Martin Kampmann in Australia. Since then, "The Pitbull" has battled injuries, undergoing multiple surgeries due to a torn pectoral muscle and then an injured PCL and ACL. The American Top Team veteran is 4-4 in his last eight fights.

FOX's Speed channel will be converted into FOX Sports 1 on Aug. 17, the same day as this event. The new channel, which will be available in over 80 million from the get-go, will be the new home of "The Ultimate Fighter," UFC Fight Nights, "UFC Tonight" and other UFC-related programming.
    The Aug. 17 card, which will be held at the TD Garden, will mark the UFC's first event in Boston since UFC 118 in 2010.
    -------

Zal een hele goede event worden volgens velen en Dana heeft gezegd dat dit de allerbeste TV card wordt allertijden. GSP vs Hendricks zal zeer waarschijnlijk de main event worden, ook die Ier Mc Gregor en Lauzon vechten op dit gala
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Ik ben erg benieuwd, dit beloofd wel veel goeds iig.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

The UFC's return to Boston continues to come together with the addition of a lightweight bout featuring one of the area's own.

Joe Lauzon (22-8 MMA, 9-5 UFC), a native of Boston's south suburbs, will head just up the road to fight Michael Johnson (12-8 MMA, 4-4 UFC) at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in August. Lauzonwanted a fight on his hometown show, and he'll get it.

Sources with knowledge of the bout recently told MMAjunkie of the planned fight, which MMA Weekly also reported Monday.

The UFC debuts on the new FOX Sports 1 cable network with a live event from TD Bank Garden in Boston on Aug. 17, the same day the network launches. Live UFC events on the channel will replace events currently airing on FX and FUEL TV.

Lauzon is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Jim Miller at UFC 155 this past December in Las Vegas. The bout featured some big momentum swings and ultimately picked up "Fight of the Night" honors. It was the second straight "Fight of the Night" bonus for Lauzon after a submission win over Jamie Varner at UFC on FOX 4 this past August, which got him a double bonus with "Submission of the Night," as well.

Amazingly, Lauzon has won nine bonuses in his past nine fights. The double bonus against Varner made up for a head-kick loss to Anthony Pettis at UFC 144 – a fight that won Pettis "Knockout of the Night." In other words, starting in 2009, if Lauzon is in a fight, there's been a 100 percent bonus success rate.

Lauzon fought on the card at UFC 118, the promotion's first trip to Boston, and picked up "Submission of the Night" for his win over Gabe Ruediger, which came quickly into the first round in front of his home crowd.

Johnson will be trying to get back in the win column, as well. This past month in Sweden, he was submitted by Reza Madadi in the third round. At UFC 155 in December, he dropped a unanimous decision to Myles Jury, which snapped a three-fight win streak.

Johnson, the Season 12 runner-up on "The Ultimate Fighter," had won four of five fights after his TUF 12 Finale loss to Jonathan Brookins, including the consecutive wins over Shane Roller, Tony Ferguson and Danny Castillo, which earned him a "Knockout of the Night" bonus at UFC on FX 5 this past October.

The fight is the second to make its way to the card. Earlier this month, the UFC announced a welterweight fight between Thiago Alves and Matt Brown for the show. This past month at UFC 159, UFC President Dana White told a small group of reporters that the event would be "the best television card we've ever done."

vCash

het zal overigens UFC on FS1 heten, en dit is dan UFC on FS1 #1. UFC on FS1 #2 en #3 zijn ook al aangekondigd, anderhalf week na de 1e fox sports1 event zal er 28 augustus een 2e Fox sports 1 gala gehouden worden in Indianapolis en wederom anderhalf week daarna zal er weer een event volgen(locatie nog onbekend).

in een tijdbestek van ong. 5 weken zal UFC straks in augustus iniedergeval 6 events houden met iniedergeval Ellenberger vs Macdonald, Pettis vs Aldo en Koscheck vs Maia. Maar er zal nog veel bijkomen...

vCash

Daniel Cormier Wants to Fight at First UFC on FS1 in Boston; Talk of Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Cools

Daniel Cormier recently revealed that he would remain at heavyweight, at the very minimum, for his next fight.

The UFC has yet to schedule Cormier’s next bout, but the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix winner on Saturday night made clear when he would like to fight again.
    “I want to fight on the first card on FOX Sports 1 in Boston on Aug. 17,” he declared during Fuel TV’s UFC on FX 8 post-fight coverage. “And I hope my man Chael Sonnen is fighting Wanderlei Silva next to me. Put us on the card, boss!”
    The timeline for Boston would make sense for Cormier, considering he is fresh off of a unanimous decision victory over Frank Mir on April 20 at UFC on Fox 7.
    Roy Nelson has been mentioned as a possible next opponent, but the UFC has not made any official comment on what is next for Cormier.
    His intent, however, is to continue fighting at heavyweight, continuing to gain experience, while working his way down to light heavyweight.
    RELATED POSTS
    • “I always thought if I were to go down I would need a lot of time to do it. I think that still applies, but I would like to still fight,” Cormier told MMAWeekly.com official content Bleacher Report recently.
      “At the end of the day I can’t cut massive amounts of weight. That’s well documented from my problems in the Olympic games. But I can diet, and when I’m dieting I can still fight. Can I fight at 205? No. Because it’s too much weight to cut in a short period of time. But could I fight a heavyweight fight and just be a little lighter? I think so.”
      Sonnen had been heavily lobbying for a fight with Wanderlei Silva, but after goading the former Pride champion with little response, talk of that fight has cooled.
      Sonnen, during the same UFC on FX 8 post-fight show, was also asked what was next for him. He had little to reveal, but used the opportunity to take another jab at Silva.
      “At some point my skills will diminish and my athletic abilities will go down. And when they do, I’ll either join the NFL or fight Wanderlei Silva. But at this point I’m looking ahead and I don’t know what’s next.”

vCash

Alistair Overeem vs. Travis Browne set as UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 non-headliner

Alistair Overeem's return to the octagon has been shifted from UFC 164 to the promotion's debut event on FOX Sports 1.

Mutiple sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie that Overeem (36-12 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is set to meet fellow standout heavyweight Travis Browne (14-1-1 MMA, 5-1-1 UFC) at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1, which takes place Aug. 17 at TD Garden in Boston.

Although the fight will be part of the night's main card and a major attraction, it won't even be the main event, UFC President Dana White subsequently told MMAjunkie. That assures at least one other significant bout will be added to the card.

Overeem originally was targeted to appear at UFC 164, which takes place Aug. 31 at Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Recently, the ex-Strikeforce champ tweeted, "Training hard and looking forward to aug 31!"

Overeem previously was scheduled to fight Junior dos Santos this weekend at UFC 160, but he was forced to withdraw from the event with an injury.

In his most recent performance at UFC 156, he suffered a knockout loss to underdog Antonio Silva, who is set to meet champ Cain Velasquez in UFC 160's headliner this weekend. That followed another setback when he tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone prior to a scheduled fight with dos Santos at UFC 146, which effectively barred him from competition for nine months.

Browne most recently fought at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale, where he earned a first-round knockout win over onetime heavyweight title challenger Gabriel Gonzaga. Afterward, Gonzaga appealed the bout's official result, claiming the fight should be changed to a no-contest due to illegal strikes thrown by Browne. However, the Nevada State Athletic Commission denied his request.

The win put Browne back in the winner's column after a first-round TKO loss to Silva at UFC on FX 6, which came after he tore his hamstring early in the fight.

vCash

Overeem heeft er zin in!

vCash

Ik hoop het beest Ubereem terug te zien die dag in the octagon
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark

vCash

Alistair zal flink aan de bak moeten om zn lichaam in dezelfde staat te willen krijgen als bijvoorbeeld tegen Brock Lesnar. Daar zijn nog wat gifjes van te vinden dat Arianny helemaal wegkwijlt bij het zien van zijn lichaam..

vCash

ik snap niet dat er mensen zitten te mekkeren over zn lichaam, een vechter ziet er tijdens weging en wedstrijd altijd anders uit dan op een willekeurige dag op een willekeurig genomen fototje

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leventdepevent View Post
    ik snap niet dat er mensen zitten te mekkeren over zn lichaam, een vechter ziet er tijdens weging en wedstrijd altijd anders uit dan op een willekeurige dag op een willekeurig genomen fototje
    daar heb je opzich wel gelijk in alleen denk ik dat mensen zich wat betreft alistair afvragen of hij uberhaupt nog in zijn 'oude' vorm komt gezien het hele gedoe met testosterone etc. Vooral ook omdat hij voor het gevecht tegen bigfoot er ook iets minder indrukwekkend eruit zag vergeleken met zijn andere partijen.

Maarja, time will tell. Tijdens zijn komende gevecht tegen browne zullen we op veel vragen een antwoord krijgen

vCash

deze moet Alistair kunnen winnen, al heb ik hier en daar toch twijfels, Browne traint natuurlijk bij de iedereen bekende greg jackson en die hebben zijn laatste partij vast ook gezien.
    daarom ben ik erg benieuwd met wat voor gameplan Browne zal komen en natuurlijk wat is Overeem van plan.

Ik hoop voor Alistair dat die weer als vanouds gaat knallen en na browne weer tegen top 5 vechter komt te staan.

vCash

Travis Browne of Daniel Cormier, ze pakken Overeem allebei

vCash

Heb het gevoel dat Overeem zonder TRT weinig voorstelt. Tegen Silva viel echt tegen en daar gaat hij nooi UFC champ mee worden. Ook al had hij zijn handen hoog was ik niet overtuigd. Zoals tegen Brock was ik wel overtuigd en wist ik dat hij op dat moment in staat was om Cain en JDS ook te verslaan.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Minotauro View Post
    Travis Browne of Daniel Cormier, ze pakken Overeem allebei
    Heeft Ali vroeger je 3-wieler gejat of zo ?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tykill View Post
    Heb het gevoel dat Overeem zonder TRT weinig voorstelt. Tegen Silva viel echt tegen en daar gaat hij nooi UFC champ mee worden. Ook al had hij zijn handen hoog was ik niet overtuigd. Zoals tegen Brock was ik wel overtuigd en wist ik dat hij op dat moment in staat was om Cain en JDS ook te verslaan.
    Gelukkig heb jij het niet voor het zeggen want dat slaat helemaal nergens op, hij was 2 rondes zwaar dominant als hij zijn handen hoog had gehouden was hij er met de UD vandoor gegaan.

OT maar wat een card wordt het dan, mooi!
    "Ronda is the most mentally strong person I know"- Dana White

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bromios View Post
    Heeft Ali vroeger je 3-wieler gejat of zo ?
    Was volgens mij een twee-wieler:

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rollermanskunk View Post
    Was volgens mij een twee-wieler:
    Hahahaha!!!
    Ben Henderson/Donald Cerrone/Luke Rockhold/Jon Jones

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Gelukkig heb jij het niet voor het zeggen want dat slaat helemaal nergens op, hij was 2 rondes zwaar dominant als hij zijn handen hoog had gehouden was hij er met de UD vandoor gegaan.

OT maar wat een card wordt het dan, mooi!
    Eerste twee rondes wareen 100% Reem. Klopt. Maar toch vocht hij duidelijk anders. Vergeet niet dat Silva zijn gameplan was om Overeem uit te laten razen en pas halverwege R2 en R3 toe te slaan. Overeem was duidelijk moe voordat hij neer ging.

Maar het was niet alleen gameplan. Het was in mijn inziens allemaal iets minder.

vCash

Overeem all the way! Hoop dat die zichzelf heeft kunnen herpakken.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leventdepevent View Post
    Overeem heeft er de laatste paar jaar niet zo uitgezien, ook niet tussen wedstrijden in. Logisch dat hij er zo bij loopt aangezien zijn test niveau gigantisch laag was icm wat hij weg eet op een dag. Als zijn test niveau weer normaal is en gewoon keihard traint staat hij er straks weer als een beest bij.

vCash

Denk dat Browne erg onderschat wordt tegen Overeem. Voor mij heeft hij alleen van Kongo verloren en dat is al een tijdje geleden.
    Hoop dat Overeem hard getraind heeft.
    (>.<)

vCash

Het gaat er ook niet om hoe zijn lichaam er nu uitziet. Ik wacht lekker tot 17 augustus hoe die browne door de kooi heen knalt met of zonder gespierd lichaam.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ChingChong View Post
    Denk dat Browne erg onderschat wordt tegen Overeem. Voor mij heeft hij alleen van Kongo verloren en dat is al een tijdje geleden.
    Hoop dat Overeem hard getraind heeft.
    Tegen Kongo was een draw, en van bigfoot silva verloren. Browne kreeg een blessure in de partij tegen silva ( ik geloof aan zn knie). Maar ik vind browne idd ook echt een goede vechter en een gevaar voor iedereen, als overeem van hem wint dan is het echt een belangrijke zege voor overeem.

vCash

Alistair gaat hem gewoon slopen,wat denken jullie zelf.