MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

JACKSON'S PUBLIC APOLOGY TO VANDERLEI SILVA
    Recap by Jeff Cain at MMAWeekly.com

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was the featured guest on MMAWeekly SoundOff Radio Tuesday. There was no F-bomb count. There were no comments made about how he likes his women. In fact, there wasn't a cuss word uttered in the entire interview. Quinton is a changed man. He spoke about his new found relationship with God, his upcoming match with Wanderlei Silva; as well, as their last fight.....

Early on in the interview Jackson sent out an apology to Wanderlei and his fans. He stated, "I ain't got nothing to say to the guy. He beat me the first time. Let him do all the talking. I just want to apologize for a statement that I made last time before I fought him. I said, at first I thought that God created Adam and Eve until I saw Wanderlei and then I knew we evolved from monkeys. I wanted to apologize for saying that. That was wrong for me to say that. I shouldn't have said it. God did create Adam and Eve. We did come from Adam and Eve. We didn't come from the monkeys. Even though Wanderlei looks the way he does, I shouldn't have said that. So, I apologize to Wanderlei and all his fans."

Something happened to Quinton recently that has changed his entire life. As he put it, "God touched me." He felt the change coming. Ever since his fight with Ricardo Arona, "Rampage" has had a new outlook on life. He said, "Overnight, He [God] took the lust out of my heart and the cussing out of my mouth." He added, "I fight for God now."

"At first, I thought I was going crazy, but now I know I wasn't going crazy," said Jackson. Quinton said it isn't his job to preach to people. He continued, "I'm just going to be myself and be happy man. I'm so happy. I don't need all these worldly things and stuff." When he was "saved," Jackson said he "cried like a little girl" from happiness.

Quinton was asked if his beliefs would have an impact on his fighting style or even contradict fighting itself. He responded, "I'm not worried at all because what I'm doing, it's not a sin. As long as I'm doing it for God, it's OK." Having said that, he added, "I'm not going to have mercy, that's God's job."

Jackson said he has always been a nice guy but had a "split personality" when he fought. He said that he has never really tried to hurt his opponents, like stomping on their head, and doesn't train to do so. He regretted that his temper got to him against Arona. "That's why I slammed him the way I did," stated Jackson. He went on to say, "I don't want to lose my temper again, ever in a fight." He feels that getting mad in a fight situation just plays against you by way of tiring yourself out.

"Rampage" was asked what if he starts losing? The critics will quickly say it is due to his change in lifestyle. Quinton replied, "If I start losing it's because it's God's will....If I lose it's because he wanted me to. You know what I'm saying? I won't be upset at his will. Either I did something wrong or I didn't do something right or something like that. It's his will but if he wants me to win, I'm going to win. But I can tell you one thing, I'm not going to be afraid. I'm not going to be afraid of anything. It's his will. It's hard to explain. If he wants me to lose then so bit it, I lost. I'll go back to the gym, train harder and come back and try to win again."

Right now, Quinton is getting in shape and getting his cardio up for his fight with Wanderlei on Halloween. He trains year round, only taking a week or two off after bouts and then gets right back to training. Jackson runs two miles a day six days a week. The way he sees it, "You've got to run to win," even though he hates running.

About his last fight with Silva, Jackson said, "The first time, I didn't know that I had to fight the referees and his corner man at the same time. I didn't know I had to fight all those people. I thought I was just fighting Wanderlei." He elaborated, "I watched the fight. I know what was going on in the fight. I know I had him on the ground and I did pass his guard and was kneeing him in the face."

That is the moment in the fight that things began to change. Quinton said he wasn't charged for the yellow card and, "I'd bet any kind of money that he didn't get charged for that yellow card either." After watching the fight on tape, Jackson said he sees Wanderlei's cornerman telling the referee to stand them up. In addition, Quinton didn't train at all for Silva. He spent the vast majority of his training for Chuck Liddell.

This time will be different, according to Jackson. "This time I know I've only got to fight Wanderlei so I'm only going to train for him," he stated. He didn't want to talk bad about Silva but questioned who Wanderlei has been beating in his career; "A bunch of Japanese guys." Looking at the rematch, Jackson said, "I see it going my way because I've got a good feeling that God is on my side."
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Chael Sonnen: The only thing bigger than UFC 167 is Wanderlei Silvas forehead

vCash

Thanks Wheelie! :maskills:

"I promise violence" - Wanderlei Silva

vCash

Vet interview!
    The touch of God, Halleluja!
    Okee sorry, ik liet me even gaan hahaha!

vCash

tering wat is die rampage een domme mofo zeg... maar het is wel bruut om hem te zien vechten!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    If I start losing it's because it's God's will....If I lose it's because he wanted me to. You know what I'm saying? I won't be upset at his will. Either I did something wrong or I didn't do something right or something like that. It's his will but if he wants me to win, I'm going to win.
    Tuurlijk... :?

Honger, oorlog, aids en nog veel meer ellende op deze wereld en dan zou GOD zich druk gaan maken over een gevecht tussen Wanderlei en Jackson?

:? Wat een bullshit!

Weet je, niet voor het 1 of ander, maar ik denk dat de kans erin zit dat Quinton Silva gaat verslaan op punten!

"I promise violence" - Wanderlei Silva

vCash

For Fucks Sake.. :shock:
    Has he lost it?

Ik bedoel.. alle theologische en wetenschappelijke argumenten negerend waarom hij klinkt als een ontspoorde fantast..

Dit is het bewijs waarom dekking belangrijk is, jongens en meisjes..
    Als ze praten gaat het goed, als ze haten gaat het beter.
    Don't get your hopes up, I'm just the wingman..