MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default thiago tavares tekent bij de ufc!

Thiago Tavares (Pictures) to fight in UFC

Thiago Tavares (Pictures) (11-0-0) is the newest UFC acquisition, signing a three-fight contract in the lightweight division.

"There are some people who made the mistake to think that the UFC’s lightweight division is uninteresting,” Tavares said. “But if you pay attention, there are very dangerous guys there like Sean Sherk (Pictures), the reigning champion; Roger Huerta (Pictures); Mark Hominick (Pictures); Tyson Griffin (Pictures); Joe Stevenson (Pictures); Din Thomas (Pictures); Spencer Fisher (Pictures); Hermes Franca (Pictures), a very tough guy in his prime. I think this is a very balanced weight division, with well-rounded athletes.”

The Brazilian doesn’t know against whom he’ll make his UFC debut, but it seems likely that it will come in April.

"My opponent will probably be announced in the next days,” Tavares said. “I think he must be a top fighter, a veteran in UFC, but I’m not sure about who is he. Actually I hope to make my debut against a top fighter, because if I win, my way to the title shot will be shorter.”

About the rules, which allow the use of elbows, Tavares thinks that a fighter with an aggressive guard can be successful in the Octagon, even if he is on the bottom.

"Fighting with these rules it is very hard for someone who doesn’t have a good guard position,” he said. “My coach Murilo Rupp is taking care of this technique for me. If I keep looking to submit my opponent the whole time, he will not have any space to hit me with his elbows. If he tries, I’ll find a open space to get him in a triangle choke.”

Tavares’ goal in 2007 is very clear: "To be the best in UFC,” he said. “But to be the best, I must beat the best fighters in there, so I want to face them.

“I dream about my UFC fight all night long. I picture Bruce Buffer calling my name, the name of my city and introducing me to the crowd. I’m ready to fight anytime, and I’ve dreamt of this since I was 14 years old, when I watched the fights on TV until early morning. I can’t promise that I will win, because nobody can say it, but I promise that I will give my best, all my heart and soul to win, to keep myself undefeated, representing all those will be cheering for me.”

hier zn record

WinUlas AslanTKO2H2H-Pride & Honor11/12/20061 WinAdriano GoncalvesSubmission (Triangle Choke)SFC 1-Sul Fight Championship 19/16/200624:12 WinRomano de los ReyesSubmissionROA 3-Rumble Of Amsterdam 35/21/200621:24 WinMathieu LawalataSubmission (Heel Hook)ROA 3-Rumble Of Amsterdam 35/21/200610:59 WinDaniel WeichelSubmission (Guillotine Choke)CWFC-Enter the Wolfslair3/5/200634:47 WinMarcio GracinhaSubmission (Rear Naked Choke)SS 9-Storm Samurai 911/20/20052 WinFabiano AdamsSubmission (Choke)XC-X-treme Combat6/5/200510:55 WinJohny JohnySubmission (Triangle Choke)CO-Muay Thai & Vale Tudo5/2/200414:38 WinJames JonesSubmission (Triangle Choke)RF 5-Reality Fighting 511/1/200321:18 WinJames JonesSubmission (Triangle Choke)RF 5-Reality Fighting 511/1/200321:18 WinBrian GeraghtyDecisionFCC 12-Freestyle Combat Challenge 1210/18/2003
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

damn! doet ie goed, good luck

vCash

cool Thiago
    good luck
    Als judo makkelijk was had het wel voetbal geheten.

vCash

goed nieuws

Maar hij heeft toch ook tegen Marc Duncan gevochten?
    Of heb ik dat verkeerd?

In ieder geval veel succes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    goed nieuws

Maar hij heeft toch ook tegen Marc Duncan gevochten?
    Of heb ik dat verkeerd?

In ieder geval veel succes.
    Ja in alkmaar laatst. Hij won soeverein op tko via stoten vanuit de mount....

Succes!

vCash

volgens mij is hij een BJJ black belt, dus hij heeft al zeker een goede basis!!

vCash

Dan had ik het toch goed gelukkig.
    Bedankt